Seeking the best free to play players or little money players just curious how many people do very well that are, free to play

Yes, yes it can, in fact I reached the top several times.

You can, I have been in top 100 many times, sometimes in top 10… My alliance that it’s mainly F2P has been in top 200, and we have killed some 13* titans…

2 Likes

I think there was a group of free to players who chatted eith each other. I’ll tag @ThePirateKing

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. It’s always interesting to see how other f2p do in the game.

I was about to answer to all the people who replied to my post but your answer kind of proves my point: Yes, you can kill 14* titans as a f2p, if you’re in a clan full of whales. I thought that was obvious :joy:

To the other guys who replied: I’m not saying f2p players can’t have some good things. Of course they can. Is it worth it to invest so much time in the game and still get your butt kicked by whales? That’s the question.

Worth it or not, my clan is almost 100% f2p except for a couple guys who spend occasionally. We are the strongest clan of my country. We reach top 100 in raids sometimes. We reach 5400-5600+ points in wars (except when we face any top p2w clan). Some of us have 2 or 3 HOTMs. Not the best HOTMs but Noor and Marge are something, I guess :man_shrugging:

On the other hand though, we’re stuck at 10* - 11* titans. Not all of us have Wu Kong cuz RNGesus is an ■■■. Without having lots of G. Panthers, Evelynns or Fridas we can’t go any further in titan scores. Only two of my clanmates pulled Miki and the other hawaiian green 5*.

We run green titans cuz only 5 of my clanmates were lucky enough to get Telluria. The actual green tank meta is kicking our f2p butt. We have to use what we get from training camps so our defenses aren’t that great. Some clanmates still use emblemed 4* in defense cuz they still haven’t pulled any 5* from any of their TC20s. And they’ve been playing for 2 years or more.

That’s not what I consider reaching the top to be honest. Waiting years to have all buildings maxed. Having to depend so heavily on your luck to get a few good things. That takes more than patience. It’s very annoying. We lost a lot of new members thanks to one sided wars against stronger clans. Money is the only superpower you need in E&P.

Don’t get me wrong, I like competition but p2w is another league. Or it should be a different league.

Anyway, end of f2p rant lol.

2 Likes

After 1.5 years of playing and around 120€ spent on VIP and valentines i was already doing alright in a top 50 alliance.
I disagree that money is the only superpower you need, have seen too many ppl with ridiculously loaded rosters perform terribly. Skill and dedication can take you pretty far as long as you have at least a hint of luck once in a while.

I am a former C2P gone F2P myself.

Gotta admit, many of the fully F2P people on here put me to absolute shame.

Maybe they’re luckier than I am? Maybe I should be using the Censure Summoning method like many of them do? Maybe they just play a lot more than I do?

IDK. What I do know is that I spent some money for summons in this game, and what I got in return was absolute :poop:, so I don’t spend any more.

I also don’t tryhard nearly as much as many of my fellow C2P/F2P friends. I kind of gave up on that once I realized how much RNG and spendiness was involved in this game. I still do okay though. Got a decent number of leveled up heroes, nothing too fancy. As much as I’d love to get some of those fancy heroes, there’s no way I’m gambling against those odds. Not worth. Might as well just light my money on fire.

I’m still able to enjoy the game, however, by completely lowering my expectations.

But yes. There is a F2P clan, and there are some incredibly powerful players there. I don’t know their full stories, whether they play 24/7 or just got really lucky in their summons or what. Kudos to them whatever the case. As for me? RNG hates me. 2 years and the best I have is a 4200 raid defense. I have zero interest at all in “tryharding moar” or spending another dime, ever. This is the hand the game dealt me. I will play it to the best of my ability. Not ready to fold. But also have no intentions of raising, doubling down, or going “all in”.

3 Likes

3 year F2P perspective here, never spent a penny. My D team is around 4150 TP.

I have managed:

2 HotMs
0 S2 or S3 5*’s to date
Several event, S2, and S3 4*’s

I am a little torn on how to respond to this as I have some mixed feelings.

For starters I guess game objective seems big. Could I have done better in terms of powering up and going after 5’s, yes. Was my objective to ever be #1, etc., no. So I by no means have a top-flight roster nor am I probably one of the F2P’ers @TGW mentioned above.

That doesn’t mean you can’t get there though. The catch with F2P is that if aiming that high isn’t your goal from the start you fall behind exponentially when you later decide it is. There are in fact F2P’ers that are in those ranks though.

Whether you are F2P or not, there is still a strength cap on your heroes. A maxed Richard say is the same stats whether I paid to summon him or not. Same with emblems. If you paid for emblems or not, they boost stats the same amount. IMO the gap between top F2Pers and payers really got exacerbated by emblems as you can pay to get them faster. Prior to emblems it was certainly less work to keep pace and there were more F2Pers in the top ranks. That is a separate issue though …

Paying doesn’t get you higher strength, it just gets you to that max faster. The biggest difference is in wars as that paid-for depth can really be apparent. In most other aspects of the game (raiding, provinces, etc) you can get by with much fewer maxed, talented 5*’s. So a long term F2Pers can absolutely be in the top ranks for cups, etc. It just took them longer to get that depth built.

Not to get too far off topic, but I think there is an end point in this game to some degree. Once you have more 5’s then you know what to do with, aren’t excited for summons anymore, etc it causes some players to lose interest. I think being F2P has allowed me to keep interest in the game for so long and I have interest in the foreseeable future. When you’re chasing that high of new heroes and the need for more bench depth, paying has you lose that faster. You basically race to the end point faster. Maybe the difference of driving to vacation vs flying. Do you enjoy the journey more? :man_shrugging: Neither is wrong.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

4 Likes

Except we’re not full of whales. I’m not sure we have anyone that would qualify for that label although it’s possible that 2-3 might.

Here’s the thing with a 12* titan. As a sample, a 12* chaos spider has 4.1 million health (pulled from a youtube video). For a 30 player alliance, each player needs to average 137K. That should be very doable for a developed roster even with poor luck on fancy 5* summons (Miki/Tarlek/etc). There are a number of reasons folks might be struggling to hit that point, but it’s very doable. IMO, 12* is probably doable in a fully F2P alliance. As extra incentive, your A and A+ players will get an extra ascension item roll!

I actually think it’s common for F2P to sell themselves a little short on what they can do. I know I tend to personally and am often pleasantly surprised when I push myself. On Titans, works the board better, use tornados/timestops, etc. I post this as encouragement, not disagreement :slight_smile:

In a fitting turn of events, Legends summons just gifted me yet another Renfeld. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Pushed myself to the point I only have 1 orichalcum nugget in my inventory. Just saying :joy: It’s simply not sustainable.

I guess the difference between both our f2p clans is time. My clan is fairly new. In a couple more years my clan’s hero rosters will be at the level of 14* titans. Or maybe not.

Depends on luck/RNG.

Legend summons gave 3*s too by the way lol.

To kill 14* titans, it is enough to have 30 people with:

1. A 100%+ attack buff (Wukong counts)
  2. Defense down of each colour, or a supply of valkyrie banes
  3. Attack up for each colour, or a supply of red banners
  4. A good supply of mana potions
  5. A decent supply of tornadoes
  6. Discipline to use 6 flags on a given titan

This is a hefty list, but nothing impossible for F2P. I find #6 to be in shortest supply - but that applies to whales just as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @princess1. :slight_smile:

So for those who don’t know me, I have been a F2P player for almost 2 years now (22 months to be exact, started Nov 2018). I am a level 71 player with 4600+ TP war defense, a beta tester and I currently play in one of the top 100 alliances of the game.

Full Profile Stats

Personally, my experience with this game has been wonderful. I understand exactly how RNG works and I go through the usual ebb and flow just like everyone else. I follow the simple principle of “If you don’t have expectations, you won’t be disappointed”.

As a F2P player, it was important for me to understand that I will never get the heroes that I want. Nor will I ever have the hero rosters that my C2P/P2W teammates have. So once I accepted this fact within the first few months, it became much easier for me. I learned to work with what I got. Instead, I focused my attention on board skills, strategies, synergies and game mechanics. I watched tons of YT videos and read thousands of forum threads in an effort to hone those skills. I understood that tile generation is not in my hand, but I can make moves which increases the probability of the right tiles coming up, so that helps a lot.

Click here for full hero roster and troops

I have been quite lucky with my saved gems and free coins, so no complains there. I feel that currently the game provides a ton of opportunities for F2P players as compared to a year and a half back. I get a few free pulls in every event that occurs every month, so that’s amazing.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I am extremely dedicated and hard working. I try not to waste any WE, RE or TE. I fill 4 chests everyday in a routine manner (2 monster + 2 raids). I complete in the top 1% of every tournament. I am not hesitant to pay 75 gems for a continuation if required, because I feel the investment is worth it. Tournaments are the best sources for emblems and gold coins. Raids, wars and titans are absolutely my favourite part of the game. I always raid with my war teams, so that gives me great practice. I average around 190k daily on 14 star titans and my average war score is 228 against green tanks. In challenge events, I always finish in top 10k, 5k, and 1k/10k in rare, epic and legendary, respectively.

So overall, I am pretty happy with my progress and I hope that I will continue to grow as time progresses, I am in no hurry. Being F2P is not easy at all, but I believe that with the right mentality one can enjoy the game if they want to.

There are many some fantastic players out there. Let me tag some of my favourites - @Saicheeze, @rapcoon, @CaptainjaKCsparrow. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I couldn’t help but note the lack of my name in that list :rofl:

I am just giving you a hard time, those guys are top notch.

2 Likes

Can someone please tag Boolz_San? Can’t seem to find. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag, @ThePirateKing!! :slight_smile:

A C2P turned to F2P here… It hardly took me a couple of months to realize that this game is practically a black-hole for money - can keep sucking it out of your wallet.

Here is my post from another thread that gives an idea of how my mindset and approach towards the game have changed since I have started.

Coming to the game itself: I LOVE the titan and raid portions of the game.

Challenge Events: I used to find them slightly on the painful side, but thanks to the push from @ThePirateKing, I am starting to like them too.

Hitting high level titans under time pressure is how I improved my game play itself.
I also watch raid and war videos by Zero, Uclapack and ThePirateKing to improve my board vision and to understand how they think while deciding on their tile matches. Especially, Zero’s… there is a certain elegance to the way he finds matches on the board.

TIP for budding players: Learn from people who are knowledgeable. Really listen (not just ‘hear’) to what they are saying and really observe (not just ‘see’) what they are doing on the board. And when it’s your turn, really really take your time in making tile matches. Don’t hurry.
Be your own critique. Try to develop your skill to foresee ‘how the board might look like’ if you go for a tile match. (Helps with better decision-making)

Sorry about that tangent. Coming back…
I have joined my current alliance as a relatively low-level player (as I was hitting 2* and 3* titans before that) and soon grew to be the leader of the alliance. I have successfully persuaded my alliance members (most of them, at least) against spending a fortune on the game and that being patient with your summons is the better way to go about it.

Coming to the summons, my route would be considered a ‘patient one’ by some and ‘too painful’ by others. I hoard any and every summon related token, and use them only when I deem the time is right. (read ‘censure’s method’ but with way more stringent criterion).
Gems? No no. I have been decently lucky with my way… I have more than enough decent 5* to keep me occupied with the levelling part for quite a long time. No need for any gem purchases.

But as my gem reserves slowly - but surely - build, I definitely use them somewhere (with prudence - however. Only when I feel the time is right for summons)

My VIP will expire in about 2 months… and I am still not yet decided on whether to purchase it again. If I do decide to, that’d probably be my only in-game expense over a duration of at least 8-9 months.

Coming to the debate: Can F2P players compete with P2P players?
Hell yeah! Of course they can compete.
With similar efforts? Of course, not!! :sweat_smile:

When you decide to go F2P, you’re making the decision “I am not going to spend money. I understand the game will require more time and effort, and most importantly, more patience, from me for commensurate returns.”

So, it’s a matter of decision. Which one can you afford to put into this grind for the xyz colorful pixels on the screen? Money or Patience?

This is the question I pose to my alliance members if they are really considering whether to spend money for an in-game purchase. Hopefully, this will help some more out there too.

I chose the latter and I am happy with my decision!

I can tell you from experience, once you decide to remove money from the equation - things become so much more simpler - from a psychological perspective. You’re not burdened by that (overwhelming) sense of “I need to get my money’s worth”. You start to see everything as a part of the game and nothing more than that.

Cheers!! :beers:

4 Likes

Did Boolz_San leave the forum? I am not able to find the username either.

1 Like

I agree completely. The people darn near getting aneurisms from losing a raid to weaker teams, not getting a certain hero they’re “owed”, the buff/nerf threads all stem to the added stress having paid puts on a person IMO.

This can also be related to the “boredom” of top players, especially those who got there fast by paying.

Not to say some of the buff/nerf stuff isn’t annoying, or losing a raid from tiles doesn’t suck some times, it’s just not a personal affront that needs to be rectified and I am looking into potential legal options :rofl: I have much more of a “O, bummer :man_shrugging:” reaction.

Well put @CaptainjaKCsparrow

5 Likes

No. Turns out Boolz_San’s is temporarily away. He should be back soon.

2 Likes

I´m a VC2P player, I think that time, experience, skill and wisdom are more important than money.

Obviously, if 2 players equal in those virtues and one has also huge amounts of money to spend and save time has advantage.

There is a small paradox for players who are in growing phase: The ones who has VIP are shorter in resources than those who have not. This means less capability to craft battle items that lead to worse scores in challenges.

2 Likes

Thanks @ThePirateKing, always love the f2p discussions. I guess ftp depends a lot more on luck in regards to hero collection as well as different theories on playstyle as so much advice is based on having a deep roster of the best heros and max troops. I prefer to keep the discussions outside the forums in such places as the ftp discord channel so there isn’t the noise from folks that don’t understand the ftp struggles
Discord

About me, nearly 3 years in with main account and a few months behind on alt

I’m at the stage where ascension items pile up while waiting on those super lucky pulls, took 16 months on main to pull my 1st non tc20 5* but since December 19 pulls on both accounts have been unreal after developing different pull strategies as the discord group know. While my main gets some google survey credits my alt gets nothing but has a 5* roster my main and c2p players would consider unbelievable and at the top end of ftp pull range I would guess.

I don’t strive to be at 14* titan range as 12s are comfortable and mean I don’t need to farm items regularly as l can’t stand pve. Basically do the same as TPK mentioned end game wise but prefer to teach anyone willing to listen and have them enjoy the game for what it is. In the end I believe its not about being the best but more just being different.

Main

Alt

Best of luck to all those f2p

3 Likes

I am a budget player- this was me on the leaderboards a couple nights ago :smiley:

no gravemakers, finleys or wokkies were involved… although many may have been hurt in the ladder climbing production :wink:

2 Likes