[Second Raid Tournament] Tournament Attack Tracking-How is Your Defense Doing?

I’ve only been attacked once which was a loss so my 5/5 attack wins will be let down by my defence score. They still have a lot of work to do on matchmaking.

Are the people who have spent emblems on their 3*'s not got any 4 or 5*'s? Some 4*'s might be quite a good use of emblems (i.e. Wu Kong or Wilbur for monk) but long-term I’d question using them on 3*'s.

1 Like

could be a good idea. but i dont see people to complain of getting ok defenses to attack and 400-500 points every time.

maybe could be a better idea to post screenshots of the losses points gained. even though people are ussualy dissapointed and dont take ss after.

do it, but i fear it will get lost quite easily.

Hmm, yeah, I agree, I’m not sure it would be all that useful.

Let’s just stick with this one for now, and see how it goes.

if you have suggestions for this issue

go ahead

How are these opponents selected??? I always get an opponent that is emblemed up like crazy. My team has ZERO emblemed heroes. Just had to fight against a Gunnar tanked team with him at +10 on emblems (and all other heroes emblemed too)? WTF? I tripled green and couldn’t bring him down before he fired. That spelled game over. How is it fair that I get stuck with these crazy matchups and others are not getting these? And how has my defense team only been attacked ONCE? Others get attacked over 20 times? SG needs to go back to the drawing board on this crap.

Day one summary:

As I have said earlier, I and my brother use the same hero/placement setup on defense (we even agree on which kind of troops to be used), the only difference is I have all troops at level 5 while he only have level 1. So I have 2341 power while he have 2321.

He ended up having grade A-900 points, won 7 out of 9. I ended up having grade E-200 points, won 0 out of 1.

Here is the breakdown:
My defense:

Attack on my defense:

My brother defense:

Attack on his defense:

20190412_144436

You may notice from the picture that I have zero defeat when attacking while my brother had one defeat. I was ahead by 400 points before the defensive points were awarded but now I am trailing him by 300 points due to the defensive points.

I also have alt account to check on lower level, with only 1598 defense power, it get grade B-650 points by winning 5 out of 9, it lost the first two defensive attempt but still got attacked afterwards:
20190412_144011

Conclusion:

• As I and my brother put similiar defense but the result is vastly different, it seems there is room for improvement in matchmaking system, especially how to make each defense have equal opportunity to get attacked.

• My main account with 2341 defense power only get grade E-200 points while my alt account with 1598 defensive power get grade B-650 points. Is this fair? The new system put defense against opponents with equal power on day 1 (I still don’t know how it will turn out for the next few days). That means higher defense will face stronger attackers while lower defense get weaker attackers. If all defenses get attacked by the same opponents, I have no doubt that my main account with 2341 TP will get better score than my alt with 1598 TP. The current system fail to address this issue.

4 Likes

If you had more than 30 attacks, you probably are at the listing limit. So you can’t tell what the first attack was

What is the defense power of your alt? Lower defense have better chance to get attacked because it has wider pool of players, so it might negate the first loss, just as my alt which lost the first two but still got attacked 7 more times (although it have to wait for around 5 hours to get the next attack after first and second loss).

So for me, it’s 1 loss and 1 win yesterday and the same this morning.
Total for now 50/50

A defense team of 2100, a single attack, a defeat, grade E for me, have to work a lot on this, it’s a disaster as it is …

Total 5 attack, 4 win
Defense team 2333

Update from the 2nd day:
got 7 more wins and 5 losses for a total of 14 defense matches including yesterday (8:6 in my favour).

Haven’t attacked yet, because my raid chest isn’t ready, so still the 4:1 winrate

btw I won my first defensive match. If it’s true that you can’t really get out of E rating the matchmaking is still horrible

My defense is great but no emblems. If I have been able to destroy teams with as many as 75 emblems total, there is no possible logic for the system to determine my initial loss means my team sucks. That’s a really dumb concept and should be addressed. I’m still ranked at top 1% but I’m concerned that by the end of this if I don’t get attacked again the stupid defense bonus on E will push me out of the bracket.

First day sucked 1 attack and lost. So my defence dropped to E and another attack never came.
Second day started better 1 attack and win. So my defence rating is now B.

Defence team: Melia, Namahage, Carver +9, Gato, Hawkmoon.
Carver did have emblems on it before so i buffed it all my emblems to him.

My attack is better. 9 wins 1 lose. I don’t like to change teams so I use my defence team as a attack team. Teams with Gunnar in the centers are hardest ones which is the only time i have lost, cause i dont have dispel in my team. Couple Gunnar defences i have encountered.

So I guess this applies to grade “D” for disaster as well.

Day 2 I’m at 7W-3L attacks, and 1W-2L on defense, with the last attack on me being 23 hours ago.

My defensive team is Tyrum- Melia- Gunnar- Belith- Rudolph. TP 2342, no emblems. it may not be the optimal but I’m hardly getting a fair go to test it.

Signed “D” for Disheartening Day Deux

I’ve noticed a lot of people adding their grade as they think that may be causing all of the attacks. I noticed early on that I was grade C (I think we all start there) and was quickly in B. No idea of how many attacks I have received now and I seem to win a fair decent amount of them. I’m still a B.

Reposting here: tp 2366 with all emblem heroes
On my attacks I didn’t do very well and I’m 3:2 which was the same ratio on my first 5 -20 attacks on my defense team. (No clue anymore since I can’t keep up with the quantity of attacks)

Day 2:
ATK: 8 w, 2 d
DEF: 1 d
Still waiting for behing attacked a second time…fix this please SG, its realy frustrating to know that other players are attacked waaaaaay more than once when you get stuck with one defeat.

The 2 battles I loose where Gunnar tank (second one combo with Melia) Best tank and corner heroes imo :+1:

image image

I aint trying to hate or nothing but this raid tournament gotta go, at least go back in beta, even better in alpha, because right now it aint there. Yesterday i was at 15/5 W/L, for like 10 hours i wasnt attacked by anyone anymore, went to sleep and before the 1st day closed i got more attacks in a couple of minutes and went from 15/5 to 22/11. There’s to much disparity in what i’ve read here on the forums with some receiving just one attack, you cant make a nice percentage and fight for a top spot if everybody does the same 5 attacks but some defenses received 1 attack while others like me received 22. I guess every defense should receive the same amount of attacks to obtain a proper statistical value, like put a limit on the maximum value of attacks receives but make sure that that defense receives an amount of attacks big enough so that numbers/percentages will make some sense. Even if the figure this out i still think this system doesnt work, the matchmaking is still poor, too much rng, the fights are completely decided by boards. I won against somebody who had a 2700TP team with tons of emblems and i had a 2300 with heroes that didnt even had their special maxed and lost against some very poor defenses because of boards were completely stuck.

1 Like

0-1…why isn’t everyone getting attacked 5 times a day??

1 Like

Because it still broke and they won’t even acknowledge it to us that they know its broke still.

1 Like