Seasons of Love (Goodbye TGW) šŸ’•

I miss his sarcastic sense of humor :slight_smile: can see it in his memesā€¦

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I never had the pleasure of interacting with TGW, but I appreciated and respected his voice on the forum.

9 Likes

"Thatā€™s a polite way of putting it :rofl:"

I dropped my beverageā€¦
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::astonished::disappointed::smiling_face:

Thanks for sharing that @Saphirra

7 Likes

You are welcome @Pompitous.

5 Likes

When I logged in today I didnā€™t expect to read such sad newsā€¦ I didnā€™t know him, but I read his posts, he liked some of my post, I liked many of hisā€¦ He was always around here and now I feel that something here is missingā€¦

13 Likes

I got a shield from mv today, the second one this week. And I remembered TGW lamenting about shield shortage :cry:

11 Likes

I had no idea until today, until I read the ā€œthank youā€ thread in General Discussion and a lot of people seemed to be talking as though TGW hadnā€™t only dropped off the forum or out of the gameā€¦ and I assumed there would be something in this topic, and there was. Iā€™m a cynical old moo who doesnā€™t get upset at much these days, but am currently dropping a few tears in honour of the brilliant, sometimes abrasive, usually hilarious poster I sort of knew. The memes and the teacups were particularly inspired.

Sometimes life really sucks.

14 Likes

Yes, it does.

I was thinking of TGW when I wrote my main post in that thread.

He has passed on, but we will always remember him. :sunflower::sunflower:

11 Likes

OMG that hits like a brick ā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

It hurts. Iā€™m crying. Eternal memory and eternal peace! Rest in peace, TGW :pray: :pray: :pray:

9 Likes

All, thanks for honoring the memory of TGW.

He and I spoke a lot about the forums, and we always felt that a little empathy and kindness would go a long way. Frankly, after he left the forums I would hang on, but sometimes also get frustrated.

What made it easier was venting with TGW.

I try to give some kind, encouraging words and advice to new players but it is getting harder. I can also be a sarcastic type, but sometimes I read the responses here (not on this thread, other threads) and wonder, gosh, what did this poor poster do to deserve a reply like that.

With TGW away, Iā€™ve lost a friend and confidant, and Iā€™m just not feeling it anymore. Maybe Iā€™m jaded, maybe I should just stay away from every sub-forum except Community Content, I donā€™t know.

I think more of us should remember - itā€™s not only WHAT we say, but HOW we say it.

Anyway, thanks for keeping @TGW 's memory alive. Iā€™m off to go re-read some of our conversations. But for now Iā€™m logging out.

17 Likes

You take very good care of yourself. And remember to talk (lots) about how this is affecting you with those closest too you.
We are all here for you too.

12 Likes

Recā€™d for fantastic advice. Donā€™t bottle it up.

8 Likes

My dear friend, our whole life is a series of losses of loved ones. People close in blood and close in spirit. Around the same time that TGW left, my dad left. The pain of loss will always stay with me, but I know what Dad would say: "Pull yourself together, girl, and live! And I will always be with you. In your heart and in your memory. " So donā€™t leave. Life must continue in the name of those who have left.

17 Likes

Your dad gave great advice @ArktikaTF
I have always said to my daughter - whatever happens, hold your head up high, with a smile on your face and just be magnificent

11 Likes

I just come back to this thread to drop likes and reminisce. Virtual hugs to all

@TGWs words and legacy live on. Be well @sleepyhead :two_hearts:

12 Likes

@eagle1 I found the coffee conversation I mentioned. This was a nice, easy interaction with TGW. I think it shows a glimpse of the everyday TGW IRL. :two_hearts:

It starts here: Vietnamese iced coffee

7 Likes

I remember that coffee conversation :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing that . Oh he loved those coffee drinks . Yep does show how easy going he was , nice conversation. Iā€™m glad you were able to talk and get to know him .

5 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss ArktikaTF . Itā€™s definitely hard at times trying to continue living , but what you said life must continue in the name of those who left. Iā€™ve lost both parents , my youngest sister , and now my soul mate, TGW/David . Hope you are doing OK.

7 Likes