Seasons of Love (Goodbye TGW) šŸ’•

He definitely is. He was one of those people you might meet three times in your life; he was special. @eagle1 must be in a kind of personal torment, I canā€™t imagine. Love to you @eagle1. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Thank you @sft1965 , I hope you are feeling better today from having the chemo. I know tgw would be wishing you well also. The ghost ship misses you. Everyone sends well wishes and love your way.
I miss TGW so much. Would love to hear his voice. See him typing on the computer making memes , or coffee cups ,

9 Likes

That actually brought a tear to my eye, just know that when we talked he would always talk about you.

3 Likes

Hope you are feeling better Steve , we all miss you . The ghost ship misses you .
TGW is still our eternal leader.

7 Likes

Uhā€¦ thatā€™s ok. Burn the receipt and bury the ashes, thanks.

cashierā€™s blank stare is only interrupted by melodic blinking, tossā€™s the receipt in the trash and saysā€¦

Next

Oh!! The next person licks their fingers as they scroll through their cash!
:sneezing_face:

4 Likes

Tagging @sft1965 , please see @eagle1 ā€™s post :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @eagle1 I hope you are doing ok? I think about you and Dave often. @sleepyhead has been keeping me informed about the alliance messages. I miss you all. Dave probably would have been able to cheer me up. Please send everyone my love. I just donā€™t see a way I can get back.

Support were nice but Iā€™m not allowed to discuss details here. They needed additional information on spending but I was unable to work out how to get the detail in time, anxiety before the chemo and nausea after got in the way (13 pages from Google plus another 16 from Apple) Someone is on my case and it would take the intervention of someone influential to appeal on my behalf. Maybe the guy who started this entire mess 1,5 years ago could own up and accept that he decided to escalate rather than send me a polite message.? I donā€™t think I am an awful forum member and these days I steer well away from threads that discuss SG or policy. I just donā€™t have the heart to start over again and spend more again to start from scratch. It took me ages to build up my roster and I donā€™t feel that I even have the time to do it over. I want to stick it out here to make my third cake day.

I have pretty much recovered from the first round of TACE chemo and have my follow up appointment to discuss the results of the next CT and bloodwork (tumour shrinkage, tumour markers and liver function on my birthday of all things, in about 3.5 weeks). Presumably they will follow with another round of TACE. Iā€™m finding it a little hard to feel cheerful quite frankly.

Take care and love. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

4 Likes

Australia has pretty much become cashless. A lot of businesses advertise that they prefer plastic if possible. I also really like social distancing. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Prayers to you @sft1965 ā€¦ I was just catching up on the forums and didnā€™t know you were going through chemo. Thoughts and prayers to you, @eagle1 , everyone on The Ghost Ship, and everyone affected by the loss of your eternal leader TGW. So I guess that means all of us. Try to stay as positive as you can, even though it is hard sometimes, of course. Hopes for a complete recovery @sft1965 during this trying time.

6 Likes

@arrow_slinger They have already told me it is terminal, just how much time I get is up for question. :cry:

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. :heart:

10 Likes

Wow, I am truly sorry to hear that news. I donā€™t know what to say except may you (and everyone) live your life to the fullest that is possible. I definitely can understand now why itā€™s hard to be cheerful and I am very saddened that this is happening to you. Glad you are getting your alliance messages, and I truly hope you can find some comfort in them and this forum. Best wishes @sft1965 !!

5 Likes

Spreading sunshine is tough, when there seems very little to be positive about. :thinking:

I visited a family friend over the weekend who also has a terminal diagnosis. After sharing the would have, could have, and if only Iā€™d known stories, she shared sheā€™s determined to live every day she has left to its fullest even though sheā€™s now in a hospice.

She pulled out her phone and joyfully shared the many pics of friends and family from all over the world and waiting impatiently for her children in Australia (of all places lol) to be allowed into the country. She knows she is loved and appreciated and I hope you too are reminded by people in your RL sphere that you matter! Sharing a smile, a helping handā€¦ A hilarious meme or storyā€¦

Infinite blessings to you :heart:.

Ps. Sending virtual :hugs: s to you too @eagle1. So glad you check in with the forum every now and then :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

I told him many times that I for one (and many others) appreciated him here, even when we disagreed (which wasnā€™t that often).

And holy crap! Iā€™m 9th all time for likes? Ahead of @Kerridoc? This is a very weird forum :rofl:

8 Likes

Also, @sft1965, FWIW I also appreciate your presence here and my fervent hope is that it continues for a long, long time.

5 Likes

I would have given you a like and the posts below, but Iā€™ve been denied. @nevarmaor too.

5 Likes

Noted and appreciated :heart:

6 Likes

thank you all for keeping this thread alive and positive, itā€™s very fitting :slight_smile: especially most recently to @arrow_slinger @Sarah2 (also sending hugs to your friend!) @nevarmaor (and buddy donā€™t sell yourself short, thereā€™s plenty to like about your posts!)

@sft1965 is once a ghostie, always a ghostie, weā€™re keeping a seat ready beside @TGW 's captainā€™s seat.

10 Likes

@sft1965 ā€¦.
I am truly sorry to hear of both your diagnosis and the prognosis. My heart goes out to you and yours.
Stay positive, keep your loved ones close, surround yourself with everything nice and take great care.
Above all make sure you make every day count ā€¦ do your best. Good luck in everything you do

8 Likes

@sft1965
I also I am sad to hear about your health situation.
I have been a little more fortunate after getting two tumors removed and although I have to get checked every three months I canā€™t imagine what you are going through.
A year and a half ago I didnā€™t think Iā€™d still be here.

I think you already know this but the only thing I can say as live every moment you have left to the fullest.
Donā€™t mean to sound like a clichĆ© but whatever brings your joy stay close to that.

Iā€™ll be thinking of you.

@eagle1 just want you to know that I am thinking of you often and of course I wonā€™t forget Dave.

I am 100% sure as he was that we wouldā€™ve been good friends.
We will get together on the other side and definitely raise some hell.

:yellow_heart:

12 Likes

Hi @sft1965 , I wish TGW was here to help cheer you up , he always helped me get through things too , sending hugs your way Steve, we are all still here for you .
You are a great forum and alliance member , everyone in the alliance definitely agree to that.
Iā€™m glad you are recovering well from the first chemo treatment. I know that must be hard . Hang in there .
Iā€™m doing OK, its been difficult though . the holidays are coming up , TGW loved Thanksgiving :slight_smile: itā€™s tough trying to get /stay in a festive spirit . But Iā€™m trying. I know heā€™s watching me , and you still. He has our back, TGW always said you were his " brother from another mother" . :heart:

8 Likes