SEASON THREE! Let's get it right!

I like the idea of a desolate version of S.1. I would prefer a new type of enemy for the S.3. baddies, rather than a resurrected Dark Lord. Maybe invaders attack from the large island to the west of the Plains, or from the tundra to the north of the Dragonian Cave. The first option makes it easy to explain the stronghold being taken over, since it’s the first thing they’d encounter. The latter could occur as a result of defeating the Dark Lord awakening a new enemy from that neighboring area. While we were in Atlantis, they were amassing an army, and have now invaded. Or perhaps we add in the chaos realm - a portal of some sort opens up in the S.1 base and renders it unusable. Enemies flood out, with the strongest remaining in control of the base. And so we have to fight our way back in reverse to reclaim our base.

When I first made it to S.2, I just assumed that I was going to eventually find a spot to begin building a second base of operations in that new land. Of course, back then, buildings were on the order of hours to complete, not weeks, so I’m kind of glad that was not the case. Still… What if the desolate S.1. scenario did take place and we lost access to our S.1 stronghold…

Perhaps Ariel offers us Atlantis as new place for the heroes to setup camp. And so we begin the task of creating a new base in S.2, perhaps with some new types of buildings, since Atlantis has different technology than Correllia. And maybe, out of gratitude for our help, certain things are provided (e.g. iron and food production resources) by the Atlanteans.

I know, I know, nobody wants to build another base. But here’s the payoff, or at least the big one in my mind - if the S.1 training camp only produces classic heroes, then the S.2 training camp would produce both classic and Atlantis heroes, just like the Atlantis summon. Who wouldn’t want to run S.2 TC20 for months to pull a Mok-Arr or Atomos?

Other thoughts:

• S.3 would overwrite S.1 (i.e. this means no more farming 8-7 :cry:)
  • starting S.3 would require completion of S.2 on normal, at a minimum.
  • Heroes would be split between S.2. and S.3 rosters.
    a) When S.2 first opened up, the heroes took a long journey to get there. But now we simply switch between the two seasons instantly. Let’s add some team management so that heroes are in either season, but not both. Add an X-hour cooldown (gem-skippable, of course) to move heroes between the seasons.
    b) Since we are working with limited resources in S.3, only allow a limited number of heroes on the S.3 roster (eight? ten? fifteen?)
    c) As a trade-off, grant world energy pools for both seasons, since the two teams are operating independently of each other. (Perhaps quest and challenge WE would come out of the S.1/S.2 pool.)
    d) Heroes can only train with feeder heroes that are in the same season roster. S.3 level loot would not reward feeder heroes.
2 Likes

Tell me about it.

Before S2 was released, for some reason I was in no hurry to finish the final stage of S1…Somebody told me in Peer Support chat that the final cutscene was a pillow fight between Zeline and Natalia.

Yes, I knew they were joking.

But with the vague hope that that might happen I really didn’t want to see what the actual “story” said. I put off finishing S1 until S2 was released and I heard that there were actual good rewards so I finally played it.

I don’t even remember the story … but I remember that it was as uninspired / cringeworthy as I expected.

So please, don’t try to get me too excited about that aspect of it … unless Season 3 DOES have that pillow fight cut scene!

5 Likes

How about a desolate subterranean sprawling medieval metropolis, fighting against a corrupt resurgent Dark Lord who has recruited a bunch of brigand dwarves and mutant mole people from taverns in a realm of chaos, in space? With aliens and robots, and a final stage that breaks the Fourth Wall and pits you in a fight against your own inner child, who is armed with telekinetic powers and sharks with frickin laser beams.

Spoiler alert: at the very end of the battle, a wild Aife (played by Jennifer Lawrence) appears and comes to your aid, and saves the entire multiverse from certain destruction at the hands of the evil Dr. RNG (played by Malcolm McDowell).

Throw in lots of explosions, CGI, and a very awkward love scene between Richard (played by Tom Cruise) and Vivica (played by Angelina Jolie), and you’ve got all the makings of a super Hollywood blockbuster. Yahhhh baby! :+1:

2 Likes

The pillow fight cut scene will be between Skittle skull & Danzaborough.

3 Likes

I vote for space but three of those other options look enticing. The fight back to your stronghold, the subterranean empire, and a realm of chaos in the summoning gate. I voted for space because I am itching to see if E&P can pull off a space opera with our heroes from the game. Oh man, that would be awesome to see!

s3 another place corrupted by dark energy, s4 another location in space where the heroes find corruption. s5 the real source of corruption, the final boss, the master of s1 to 4 bosses, plot twist its your shadow, and you fight aganist your main team using only a team of banes.
:poop::poop::poop:

What about an alliance oriented season map? Tough one to choreograph but interesting in concept.

Picture this story line. Your alliance leader has heard of great and horrible creatures that are hoarding great treasures stolen from the world about. It just so happens that these items would of much use to the alliance. There are 6 areas where these creatures are creating havoc and so . . .

The alliance leader decides to send out 6 teams (minimum 2 max 5, to allow for various member counts in the alliances) to search out and take vengeance upon these creatures and bring back the treasures. The teams could be the two strongest alone, or a mix of a strong, couple of mids and a couple of weaker members. However they want to divide up. Members could opt out, but all members who are set to particpate would have to be included on a team before any of the teams could set off on their mission.

Of course, the teams would receive their own rewards as they fought through to the finish, but there would be a series of general treasure items for the alliance that when they are brought back and combined result in some special reward to the entire alliance team.

Use your imagination from there. This could give a story line in which the current titans could participate as the creatures or it could be an opportunity to add new creatures that will then also be added to the titan lineup, or . . .

Maybe this would be better as an alliance event/quest instead, but I thought it might be a different line to consider for a season as well.

1 Like

Any idea when we might expect to get season 3 released ? A year , 6 months

This is what we know

3 Likes

Maybe Steampunk in season 4?
Or Dragon Ball?
Or Final Fantasy?
Or Charlie Brown?

3 Likes

= Cheap and had plenty of free advertising!!

2 Likes

I don’t even like Zeline’s face, but this would be nice to see.
So even if the upcoming S3 isn’t about going back to S1, except depressing, I think better good decent acceptable cutscenes can help the game more than a bit.
Granted, I don’t know what are the standards of storytelling and characterization on other western gacha games (the only other one I play is Japanese and it’s story isn’t exactly a masterpiece unless you compare it to this game’s), but low standards aren’t an excuse to pour some effort on it!

2 Likes

Spoiler: Aerith isn’t dead because Alby revived her!!

1 Like

you have interesting ideas. My complaint with S2 was the reward scheme for the life cost. It is still most cost effective to farm S1. Those of us who have mastered S2H have teams that can be 4000+ and relatively unimpressed with the reward dribble that is basically S1 which is not particularly helpful. Also when you finish the chance of Atlantis chips went into the drink. I understand SG’s concern about balance and slow growth but using more gold troop tokens and emblems at higher levels for rewards make sense. Both of these require time, ham and iron to use but are reward for hanging in with the game. Also looser diamonds, gold token(75% a 3* feeder) and atlantis chips show graditiute for SG for S3 assuming increased difficulty.

2 Likes

Umm, otherwise they wouldn’t be here? That’s how it works, they love you, you hate them, but here we all are! Loves it!

It’s due in two days. Anyone know if you have to complete all levels in season two -hard- in order to unlock three?

1 Like

Have to get to province 15-1 normal is the popular belief

1 Like

Only need to Finish the 15th province, normal.

1 Like

Man, this is tough, but I went with the return of the Dark Lord with Season 1 turned upside down. It reminds me a lot of the “World of Ruin” in the post-apocalyptic era of Final Fantasy III SNES, which I think is now Final Fantasy VI for Playstation? Maybe they can add a scene at an opera house involving Elena.

Edit: I do understand that OP was from early last year and Season 3 starts Thursday, but you never can start too early wondering about the next chapter in the story to follow.

2 Likes

See the announcement for v27.

V27 Release Notes

• Accessing the new story map requires player to have reached province 15 of Story Season II.
3 Likes