Season 4 Normal with same stars as Hard (again)

I know there is already a thread for this but it’s closed.
Also… Apparently the fix was not that thorough.

36-2n will delight you with these:

which is somewhat funny as 36-6n has these

and 36-8n these:

It’s rather sad to see a billion dollar company trip over the same wire after the bug has been bountied for free.

@Dudeious.Maximus can you please merge me here?

1 Like

What fix? There were actually no fix because it’s not an issue and working as intended as stated in this topic. Some levels on the way are meant to be harder. They did tone it down as part as a balance update though but just a bit, those levels are still harder than the other levels in the same province.

1 Like

Sure, it’s perfectly normal that the same enemy has half the damage at a later stage.
Or that the season final boss is a walk in the park compared to a mid-province boss.
Or that normal and hard have the same difficulty.
Yeah, it absolutely makes sense. Totally.
Must be the reason not a single player has bought that explanation.

And just to be clear: I worked thru all the tedious season 4 because I couldn’t believe my mates telling me about impossible stages at normal difficulty. Turns out they were somewhat right.
This curious “design” is preventing people from finishing the season even at “easy” because with such hurdles they just give up wondering what monstrosity is next.

In any universe where difficulty level has a meaning this can’t be deemed a feature.

1 Like

Well, you could see those harder levels as checkpoints.
Provinces don’t mean anything in season 4. Not like in season 1 where there were outposts at the end and elite levels mid-province. They don’t mean anything in season 2 and 3 either (though season 3 had some provinces with elite levels and 2 special boss along the way), it’s just a way to split the journey and insert the cutscenes.

Either way, my first message did not discuss the design choices, which could totally have been different, but rather that this point has already been brought up and the staff already classified it as working as intended. Therefore, I don’t think they will change their position on this, especially that they already rebalanced it and that they moved on to season 5 now.

@Petri or any mods @Guvnor mind to close or merge this topic?

Please see thread linked in solution for staff explanation.