Season 4 just more of the same? BORING (and disappointing...)

No offence but that is actually a good, not great but a really good pull… If it was tavern it would have been all S1 3*…atleast you got some new 3* and 4* hero’s from the event and 4* S1 which if you already do have make great feeders.
I literally love 3* and last year at Christmas and other events I was pretty gutted that all I got was rubbish, not even a season 3* or 4* so in that respect its a good change and way better than adding additional triner heros in the pull which diluted chances for anything even way more worse.

I needed a purple hero and did 1 free pull and got 3* mole, I was very happy with that, hoped for 5* and really hoped NOT to get any season1

5*, yeah, I know, I feel you, that’s another story.

This is EXACTLY what I think the process looks like! And ty hahahahaaaaa :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::person_facepalming: BRILLIANT

1 Like

I did not no it wasn’t. I actually thought I auto farmed most of it. I can check tho if it’s like that on my end.

Mother north+11, gullinbursti+20, elenacostume+7, ariel+20, alberich+18

So actually my team did all levels normal and hard mode easily.

Don’t care about the storyline. I care about finishing the stages as quickly as possible. And in that sense, Season 4 is leagues more enjoyable than the utter slog that is/was Season 3. I get your criticism. I’m sure you and many others have issue with everything that you brought up. World map and farming is my least favorite thing in the game so I’m just glad it’s a little better than S3.

1 Like

You know the more I play the more respect I lose for the creators and developers of this game. It’s bringing in millions of dollars and the thought and effort put back into this game is miniscule. This season sucks and all this was about was releasing a overpowered hero so that everyone would chase her(Elizabeth) The runic rocks now become underwild gems? Yeah that was original. This company does not care for its users only about raking in more money

2 Likes

Me cleared everything within 12hrs,
All the missions were cleared as well before the S4 summon portal closed. Me really liked S4.
Anything new to play in the game, im the most happier person there to try it. :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Played 2 staged of s4, got s2 hard to finish and s3 both modes to finish but from what I’m reading s4 is easier? Or is that just because it’s only 3 province’s in…im sure it’ll become a grind,

As for content I dunno what ppl were expecting honestly like 3d effects with Dolby 5.1

It’s a match 3 game and if it weren’t for summon coins and rewards I’d probably only do pvp.

Yeah the Characters are just the same as s1 with new art overlapping it, I farm s1 7-4 every day to fill chests hasn’t bothered me yet…now summon odds or s1 heros in s2,3,4 portals that’s a bit of an onion in the ointment still but if life were perfect we’d not be playing this game…I know I’d be on a yacht in the Caribbean sipping on a cold drink not playing games on my phone …but I do what I do and if I stop enjoying it I stop doing it.

This game is loosing revenue. But thats because of other issues that already been ranted to death (by myself included) on other threads…monster art and cut scenes aren’t a deal breaker for me.

Have you cleared S4 hard mode by auto farm?

Just had a genius idea.
A season made up of characters taken from the game/forum and tailored skills.
Right now I’m thinking silence for mods and taunt for JonSno.

Come up with your players/ideas (maybe in another thread).

2 Likes

Boy, oh, boy the translation of stage :scream:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh laughing so hard I can’t breathe!!! Medic!!! Dr!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Ok this is brilliant

1 Like

Ok, seriously.
Have you ever developed a game?
I will tell you a secret: coming up with a good, original story line is by far the most difficult thing.

That’s why authors have endlessly drawn inspiration from Norse mythology, greek mythology and geek mythology.
That’s why I’ve had to see Percy Jackson before dying, or Brad Pitt fighting under the walls of Troy in boots - although not much else to complain in Brad’s outfit in that movie :smirk:

That being said, you can come up with good stories set in a universe we all know.
Valhalla was, if you ask me, a great story (by SG standards) and an appreciable transposition of Norse mythology. It sucked to see Hel fight against Hel thou.

Rather than a random mission in the desert or a mountain pass we could have missions that inform us of heroes’ past.
Shrikewood could tell us why Elkanen and Kadilen decided to leave Alfheim.
By TGW handbook of storyline they left because choose option <they fell in love/they suffered wanderlust/they were tired of immortality/they suffered from anxiety while waiting for the end of the world/Elkanen wanted to see a Kiss concert - that’s why he has his costume/etc>
It’s not that hard to give a spin to those concepts: Elkanen and Kadilen left because they fell in love but their families were fighting for power in the rich and ambitious city of Veronendell and would never approve of their relation. But being elves they were smart enough not to poison themselves to death by mistake. They stopped in Corellia because they are curious to see how naked can local women accept to go into battle just to be noticed by the warrior with the huge… hammer.
They couldn’t leave because they made a bet on who Richard would have chosen between Elena and Vivica: we don’t know Richard’s choice, for now, all we know is that Elkanen won and that’s why every now and then Kadilen has to put on a skirt, which she hates because it’s old style, genderish, and she is far too independent for that.

The thing is… That’s work.
Creative work.
It doesn’t come for free and you have to translate it.
So the more you want to write the more it costs you.

For other background stories on the heroes of Corellia ask and thou shalt be given :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You forgot the most obvious example: Aife and Jill are identical twins, only their haisrtyles and clothing differ.

2 Likes

Pretty please? :joy:

Also, I always thought Elkanen and Kadilen were brother and sister, but I much prefer the lovers of Veronendell version… :heart_eyes:

Oh I have no problem at all with borrowing concepts! Many of my favorite fantasy games all include much of the same. Dragons, elves, wizards, warriors etc. And yes it is mostly just “rescue the princess” or “save the world from the evil warlock who is about to open a portal to the dark side” type storylines. But this game is a bit lazy when it comes to details and character development.

Not that I want more cutscenes of them exchanging idle chit chat, I’m not really interested in that. I mostly skip through the cutscenes anyway after seeing that they were less than inspiring. They’re not in depth enough to make me care about the characters or the imaginary realms in the game. This isn’t a storyline game, really. Never has been. This game is all about the hero stats themselves, and how quickly they can kill monsters and other players in battle. I’m okay with that. Was just poking fun at the shallow and goofy storylines themselves.

The unoriginality of the game is sticking now for sure.

I only like original content like the recent Assassins Creeds game on my PC. The mythical worlds of Egypt, Greece and Norway (as if that’s a real place!) really took me to a far away land beyond the tiny limits of my imagination.

I especially liked the stone pointy things in the first Egypt game. Whoever thought of them in the story planning department :clap::clap:

3 Likes

I actually prefer games where I kind of get to “write the story” myself anyway. Kind of hard to write a good story about how I kept matching colored gems to kill a bunch of birds and centipedes over and over again.

Are we going to gloss over the fact that Hel basically ■■■■■■ Valhalla up?

1 Like