Season 4 farming - HELP NEEDED!

Hey there,

Not sure if there is already a widely available resource for S4 farming, but if not, I would like to start one. And I was wondering if some others would like to join and help, following the model of Barry Farmz.

What say you?

10 Likes

Iā€™m definitely interested! There are a lot of 6 flag zones with seemingly above average loot. Would be nice to have some actual data.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer. Since there have not been many offers I say we start documenting:

Monsters (number and element)
Experience
Food
Iron
Recruits

Except for the number of monsters, the others are constant, I think and thus can be ready in only a few runs. My line id is the_seeker3

1 Like

Iā€™d like to help where I can. I have some runs documented already for avatar farming but I only focused on monsters and I did not do it consistently.

Iā€™ll try to be more thoughtful as I go through levels.

1 Like

Great to hear. How can we keep in touch and coordinate?

1 Like

I sent you a message on line (I think)

1 Like

Got it, letā€™s continue there

Hello all, I can help. Tell me the process you are using and Iā€™ll pitch in where needed.

Has anyone found a reliable S4 spot for Ori Nuggs, Midnight Roots, and Grim Dust?

1 Like

Thanks, firmpulse! I should start setting the frame and the process. Unfortunately I did not have the mental energy to do it, as I had to do a lot of process management for my job :)) I will get back to you this week. Maybe if you send me a line message, I will be able to come back to you directly

Hey,

After two months, I finally managed to organise and mobilise myself to do some test farming for Season 4. You can find the results here:

Obviously, my 10 runs per stage are not statistically relevant, but it can give you a general idea. Also I donā€™t have so many flasks to test so many different stages each week, but I will focus myself on these five provinces, normal level, at least until I finish them.

In any case, much more testing is needed to have some truly relevant results, so any help is greatly appreciated. Hopefully not only by myself, but also by the community :slight_smile:

@Ruskin505 Sorry for getting back only now to this and if you still are interested to do some test runs, they will be for sure useful.

9 Likes

When Iā€™m not doing s4 or PoV missions, I love replaying 10-7 N. Nice loot and recruits. 3-4 monsters per wave, so itā€™s possible to fill a monster chest using 48 WE.

1 Like

Well then, maybe you can use this template to document them and get more statistically relevant data :slight_smile:

Sure. As soon as I finish new missions, Iā€™ll collect more data.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the best way to document and share?
Is it to maintain my own copy of the spreadsheet and then share with you from time to time? Can I directly enter data? I assume screenshots are a bit tedious.

3 Likes

For sure it would be highly inefficient to make screenshots :slight_smile: I donā€™t have any problem sharing the googledoc, but if hopefully more people join this initiative, probably the safest way to prevent accidental mishaps is for every person to have their own copy for better tracking.

My question is if we should add more things to collect data on (like type of monsters).

And thanks for keeping up with your involvement in this!

Who else would like to support the E&P community by documenting the results when they farm S4?

1 Like

Hello again,

I am doing one more attempt to find help for the S4 farming data collection project. Since last month I have managed to do 10 runs for each of the stage of province 10 normal, so now you can have a better idea what you can expect when you farm that province.

Why am I doing this? First reason is that I want to understand myself better how to farm S4 more efficiently.

Second reason is that for myself the previous data collection projects of players (some of which are not even any longer playing the game) were extremely useful and I would not have gotten where I am now in the game without this help from people whom I cannot even thank any longer. So this project is my way to pay it forward and give them my thanks.

However, I donā€™t have either the time or the money to buy as many flasks as I would need to intensively farm S4 when I also have the time to document it. And I have to admit that is much more motivating for me to have more people to work on this together and communicate about the project.

So if you feel so inclined to do some S4 farming and collect some data on it as you go, I would appreciate it personally and I hopefully it will be helpful for the players community at least half as other data collection projects were in the past.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Hello All,
For Monster Chests (while not on PoV tasks), one of the levels I auto farm is
S4 - 6-10 N - 6 WE flags - 5 waves - 16 to 17 enemies - 2350 XP

I religiously completed Stage Missions & gave up in the 6th mission (Complete 250 Bonechill Map Stages).
Gives only 15 gems, which is too message for a hefty ask like 250 map stages.

However, for most of the stage missions, I found that there are levels with 5 waves that enables completion of monster chests in 6 to 7 runs.
I didnā€™t now the levels down, a fact that I regret now.

If anyone could help me with the Stage Missions, I will try to trace the levels - share them here or in Line.
My Line id - ep_zapper

Would love to hear from you guys!

2 Likes

Unfortunately with no help, I gave up myself recording my runs, but hope you get the info you need

I just stumbled upon your thread now. I appreciate your efforts, I think @gregschen is doing something similar hereā€¦:thinking:

Apologiesā€¦I would have volunteered although I complete the normal / hard stages as they open up, and only revisit the stages to complete the Avatar missions. So perhaps, I wouldnā€™t have been much help in collecting data. :thinking:

psā€¦
@Dudeious.Maximus - Iā€™m nominating The seeker as a worthy candidate for a dragon ā€¦ Trying to help the player community

3 Likes