Season 3 strategy - How will you Approach it?

which s3 heroes do you feel are “premium” right now? I mean other than for the freshness factor

Just that. it’s a chance at something new that I am not going to spend money for. So this is my best/only chance to get them and therefore place them as my primary priority. I have the flasks, so why not.

Personally, from my observation, only one of the 3*, none of the 4* are very interesting to me. The best heroes are the 5* and they are so hard to get that it’s barely worth hoping to pull them.

But… “always the chance” and if I can pull a good one by placing s3 completion as my primary goal? That’s why they’re at a premium.

4 Likes

Personally I just want Nordri, Ei-Dunn, Bjorn, and Mist :stuck_out_tongue: three 3*s and one 4*

The 5* have such bad odds that I’ll consider myself lucky if I pull one, but won’t sweat it if I don’t.

9 Likes

If S3 is released anything like S2 was. I would probably do the same as I did, every time new levels are unlocked, I will attempt to finish all the Easy/Normal path while the event is still going on (means the summon portal is still active), and then after event ended, work on the Hard Stages.

For summons, during Atlantis, I had been summoning each time I accumulate 100+ Atlantis Coins. If Atlantis was any indication, the full summoning roster did not become realized until everything was released (Muggy and Ursena being latest additions), when all said and done, Atlantis Coins become a trickle when all guaranteed coin drops are collected (from first time stage completions and the missions), and now each time Atlantis Rises came up, I could possibly do 1 summon if I managed to scrape up enough Atlantis Coins in between A.R. or when hunting for Sea Dragons during A. R. Of course, the results for those ends up mostly as monthly Namahage / Gill-Ra / Renfeld (still don’t get why S1 3* had to be in there).

Unless there is a specific hero that is a game changer (like WIlbur was) that would make life so much easier… I might try to hoard Valhalla coins until after all S3 contents are released (means all heroes released), and hoarding gems all this time for massive summoning attempts. Probably pretty painful way to play, but when you have zero S2 5* and still a few 4* short of the full deck, you tend to get used to it.

7 Likes

…I will probably do about 3 stages in Atlantis before I realize I’m not on the right map…

25 Likes

I never expect to get a 5*. I feel I get less disappointed when I don’t get one and more excited when I do. I have more 4* heroes maxed than 5’s currently by like 3. 4’s mixed in for raiding and titans is great. Plus a new hero is a new hero and when it comes to challenge events I like to be somewhat strong in all sections. Sorry to keep going off topic. Season 3 strategy…season 3 strategy…lol

To answer this:

All of them are separated thankfully, so WE won’t be an issue.

• Atlantis rises is every 1st Friday of each month (since the schedule change) and lasts until Sunday.
  • Challenge events are every 2nd Wednesday of each month, and last until Sunday.
  • Costume Chamber opens on the 3rd Monday of each month, and lasts until end of Tuesday (give or take depending on timezone)
  • Class trials are every Sunday and Wednesday.
  • Valhalla (season 3) will be every 4th Thursday of each month (no idea on how long it will last yet).

Rare quests are the only ones that are inconsistent, they pop every 10 days or so. But I believe they’re active for 1 day and 12 hours (give or take?) so it’s not too bad planning WE for those even without refills.

Given that knowledge, the best thing to do is complete the quests that expire soonest first.

Best example of this are the class quests that pop up the same Wednesday and Sunday during a Challenge Event:

• Always do the Wednesday class quest first, before focusing on the Challenge Event.
  • If you still have grinding / score increases to do in the Challenge Event by Sunday, do that before the Class Quest – it will still be there after the event ends.

That’s just one example. You can prioritize similarly with the Rare Quests as they pop up.

15 Likes

I like to try to time my monster chests with one of the lower WE requirement quest stages, when there are a lot of things going on at the same time. so that I don’t have to “waste” energy on 8-7 or wait a long time to fill my monster chest.

4 Likes

That’s how I do things at moment. There will be no rush on S3 completion for me but I do wonder how far behind I may be at the end

1 Like

If there is a S3 version of Atlantis Rising, that’s when I’ll hit those levels.

Did AR come out at the same time as S2?

No it did not…

AR is a semi-recent contraption.

2 Likes

I’ll probably try to finish up normal mode first…then work on hard mode…by then I’ll have more of my heroes stronger and have accumulated more items that’ll come in handy for hard mode…it’s a marathon so in no rush

1 Like

tl;dr save flasks for Atlantis and work at clearing S3 if and when you have spare WE.

Each Normal stage of Provinces 1 - 4 cost 6 WE and Hard stages cost 10 WE.

If SG releases only the first 3 Provinces, it will cost 480 WE to clear all Stages. That’s 3.33 days worth of WE if you do nothing but clear S3 stages. I don’t particularly see any need to rush to the end. While the S3 story seems to be an improvement over Atlantis i wouldn’t say that it’s a real page turner if you know what I mean.

re: Autofarming. I tested my 4-star healer auto-farm team (Melendor, Rigard, Kiril, Boldtusk, Wu Kong) in beta and they started failing too often by the 2rd Province. The problem is that there are bosses/elite mobs that are very similar to Brynhild (new S3 hero, details below) as well as Mist as a Boss. The healer auto-farm team is very dependent on tile damage and tiles just charge up healers quickly. Fast enough to stay ahead of my farming healers in some cases. I switched in costumed versions of Rigard and Melendor and that team can mostly auto-farm up through Province 3. Still unreliable at auto-play killing 3-10 though.

I’d say that if you want to auto-farm any amount of S3, you’d better use only 5-star teams. In Atlantis the 4-star healers could reliably auto-farm through Province 10 or so I think. The win rate was inconsistent by the Teenaged provinces.

Brynhild: Fast. Recovers 37% health for the caster and nearby allies. The caster and nearby allies are immune to buff dispels for 3 turns. The caster and nearby allies get +74% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns. The caster and nearby allies get 24% mana generation for 3 turns.

Mist: Fast. Deals 175% damage to the target and nearby enemies. The target and nearby enemies are immune to new buffs for 3 turns. The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns. The target and nearby enemies get -64% mana generation for 3 turns.

12 Likes

Twenty AR thank you’s.

Still working through S2 hard trying to do 2-3 levels a day.
I’ll prob play S3 as it comes in no rush to bulldoze through it all at this point for me. No idea if I’m gonna pull either as have enough to keep me occupied for awhile. was hoping pirates was later on as was gonna do pulls there save some gems bit tricky as that’s next event.

Gonna pretend like it doesn’t exist until it’s here

I would imagine people would get a shot at Telluria in the March one, didn’t it say it was gonna be monthly?

Essentially I will just spend my excess world energy there… Any energy I used to spend farming S2-1-7H outside of atlantis will be spent on Season 3

I’ll still be filling my Monster Chest at S1-5-8 (backpacks & nuggets) and will be doing all the same quests that I used to do…

S3 isn’t going anywhere so there is no need to complete quickly…

I also don’t need the tokens in a hurry because I don’t plan on doing ANY summons until the full S3 hero pool is populated:

Evidence that there are many heroes yet to be added to the Season 3 hero pool:

3 Likes

I’m gonna use this team and auto play all the easy modes with whatever spare WE I have instead of spending it on farming 12-9, and then I’ll do hard mode after.

I always do the easy levels first. I won’t rush but I expect it will get done reasonably fast just using the normal flags. My alt hasn’t even finished S2 hard so I certainly am not rushing there