Screen resolution problems on Samsung S8 since Apr 9 patch

Since the latest patch my screen size is “shrinked” when doing battle in any game mode, however when outside of battle, the screen is filled fully. Look at the pic where you can see brown background on top and the bottom:

The screen still looks okay on my iPhone 7.

I tried to re-install the game and restart the phone, still the same. It’s quite disturbing,

2 Likes

The short explanation: your screen is too long. :slight_smile:

The longer one: The battles fill the screens which have a 16:9 ratio. Your Galaxy S8 has a 18.5:9 ratio. For screens which are too “square” there are black borders on the left and right sides.
For the too long screens: maybe something has changed in the latest version, but it wasn’t better before. I don’t know if there were black borders instead of the brown ones in your screenshot or if the image was scaled on the vertical axis, or if there was some extra space between the elements (e.g. between the board and the battle items), but it couldn’t have been better before. (though if you have a screenshot of the battle screen before the update please post it, I’m curious)

I think you’ll soon get used to the new layout and it won’t seem disturbing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the Samsung Note 8 and it has the same aspect ratio. No borders (see screenshot). Perhaps an in-camera setting for the display needs adjusting??

1 Like

@bluenoser your screenshot doesn’t seem to have exactly the same ratio, though it’s still “long”. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I scaled the images and put them side by side. The one from bluenoser has extra space in the monsters area. I don’t know if either one is better.

1 Like

Hi

Playing on the S8+ and seeing some weird screen size now after the update?

Terrible anyone else?

Seeing it in the battle screens:

The main menus seem okay:

Okay some more info …

You cant change it cause it is “optimized for full screen”, and

The toggle full screen option is not available through game tools.

@Petri

Do you know of this issue?

I’ve got those wooden panels also. Damn annoying. I wish they were gone.

Anyone paying attentiin to this as it really is terrible to fight like this!

What’s with the annoying wooden panels/edges in the game arena? I don’t mind one behind the heroes but the other in the upper screen is awful. Get rid of it please! I’m using samsung s8.

I have logged this as well …

“Full screen!”

Look in this section

I’m betting this is a result of samsung’s non-standard resolution. I’m getting an s9+ tomorrow so I’ll be able to check it out first hand.

I have seen @Xero786 also have this view on his vids.

@Rook @Coppersky maybe merge with this?

Yeah i have it. It annoyed me at first but i got used to it lol.

Thanks Kahree. Merged.

I kin of like the wooden panel on my screen. Feels like I am entering a battleroom…

Hi, yes new devices with non-standard aspect ratios (such as iPhone X and Samsung S8) have the added panels in the battle view. These were added so that the distance from matchboard to enemies is same across all devices.

2 Likes