Say something positive about non-costume S1 heroes

i want to shout out the base forms of S1 heroes that, with costume bonus and +20 emblem mana bonus, can fire in 6 tiles without needing a mana troop in Rush Attack: Belith, Li Xiu, Melendor, Bane, Friar Tuck, Jahangir, Caedmon, Skittleskull, Wu Kong, Sabina, Quintus, Kadilen, Leonidas, and Joon. especially in 3* and 4* tournaments, it’s so nice to have that when there aren’t mana troops at all.

in no particular order…

Belith: heal all and dispel is such a great combination, especially since Melendor does that at the 4* level.

Gunnar/ Kailani: base Gunnar is a bit better at this because of stats, but damage share is amazing, especially if you don’t have it at the 4* level from Wilbur. damage share is a good way to survive against titans.

Li Xiu: mana cut heroes will never not be annoying to face on defense, and she is the queen of 4* tournaments.

Melendor: people complain about heroes that aren’t synergized well (e.g., Wizard class on a hero whose special skill doesn’t do damage), but i don’t think it’s that bad at all. Melendor’s high attack stat can take the “high attack” slot on a titan team for tile damage and heal when you can’t get stuns. also useful in raids, especially in heavy-stacking teams because of the tile damage.

Rigard: universally beloved as the quintessential healer and cleanser, especially because it’s at average speed.

Marjana: combination of stats and Rogue class make her survivable. i love bringing her out for old time’s sake when a war hit needs her snipe.

Lianna: ol’ reliable. i kept her at +7 emblems for the longest time, and she was still able to take people down. i needed to bump her up to +12, but she’s back to her old killing ways.

Domitia: imo, some of the sexiest artwork in the game :heart_eyes:

Magni: crazy high attack stat, self and nearby defense buff of +63% at fast speed is awesome. Magni is a fixture on my red titan team because he protects Gazelle, and Gazelle protects him.

Leonidas: i used him for a long time, and i still haven’t gotten his costume, but he’s still another ol’ reliable for me. even in Rush Attack, -40% mana to the target actually matters because it means you can freely make a match into an opponent and still not charge them. you know how a bunch of players used to have comeback wins with Tyr? that was me with Leonidas (because i never got Tyr) because of the self healing and the mana cut. Leo is probably one of my favorite S1.

Khagan: people have already mentioned it, but the dude hits hard. yeah, he’s a glass cannon, but he does his job well, especially in Rush Attack and in events. on map stages, the mana buff and defense buff are both mighty nice, especially when you run slower heroes at his flanks.

Caedmon: he and Melendor (well, C. Melendor) have been staples on my double-dispel green team, which i often bring against Taunt heroes, even against Black Knight. one dispel for the Taunt, the second dispel for the attack boosts or whatever else is on all allies. pretty dang survivable too if you emblem him for defense and HP. he’s a fixture on my tournament attack teams, especially Bloody Battle.

Sonya: Caedmon’s counterpart in blue, and she was my first 4* hero ever, and i STILL use her every day. she was the first to introduce to me my love of dispel heroes, and she is tanky, both in terms of stats and in terms of the help she gets from her Paladin class.

Scarlett: idk, i think the glass cannons get no love, but Scarlett is still on my titan team, and she’s still got an insane attack stat. i think mine’s currently at 895, and that’s without CB because i still haven’t pulled C. Scarlett and without LB because i haven’t LB my 4* heroes yet.

Boldtusk: so many ol’ reliable healers. honestly, though, the most valuable thing for me with BT is the attack boost. it saved my butt yesterday in a Rush Attack hit!

4 Likes

I still use regularly Magni, Joon and Sartana plus my beautiful Justice (just scored her costume)…And I just adore Rigard and BT plus gormek costume rocks this minions everywhere thing happening lately :partying_face:

2 Likes

Kiril was my first four star, followed shortly by Boril. Those two carried me a long way!

2 Likes

don’t forger Marjana’s

1 Like

4 years later… if i got my first vivica i would max her even without costume. I love quality healers

Isarnia is still a bad-a$$ b-itch :sunglasses:

2 Likes

S1 3* and 4* are still useful in many cases…

5* are tough coz SG has released so many more powerful non-S1 5* than 3* and 4* so unfortunately many S1 5* are indeed outdated.

I still use 5* S1 snipers from time to time. Rest will likely end up in SE or HA10.

Bane, I still keep him until now. Can’t bear to make him as a feeder because he is the first 3*. BT (4*) and Lianna (5*) were also the first to come for me. :grin:

1 Like

Every season the heros getting stronger, u cant really complain or compare all the time about those heros… Enjoy current power creep heros and own roster

I use s1 3* costumed every challenge event, but costumes are another thing, and I tt go have every S1 3* costume.
I use following 5* without costumes regularly in every war:

Sartana, Domitia, Lianna, Magni, Leonidas and Marjana.

Occasionally Richard.
Never Kadilen.

Costumed S1 5* I use regularly Joon and Elkanen, occasionally Obakan.

Without costumes I use Kiril and Sabina in every war, with costumes add Rigard, Melendor and Boldtusk.

Classic Wu Kong with full costume bonus is on all but yellow titan teams.

In 4* tourneys and in challenge events Caedmon, Sonya, Grimm, Tiburtus, Gormek and Kelile have their slots.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

4 Star healers still get the game time after the limit breaks. Lil Xiu is excellent in events. The 5 stars outside of costume Leo and Marjanna have lost alot of steam imho. Great 3 stars for events of course.

Khagan is still 100% relevant. He gets used every Rush war and every event and I’ve even used him in a Grimble team recently. I have many newer and flashier heroes but none of them hit as hard as Khagan does yet with a mana buff built in.

Maybe the day will come when he retires after a lifetime of hard fighting but today is not yet that day.

4 Likes

they are easy to get for SE fodder

1 Like

Mariana is hot as hell :orange_heart:

Used to just sigh when I got them. Now im like awesome another soul.

Unfortunately the best thing I can say is that they just don’t cut it anymore… :frowning:

I won’t count costumes, but I will count emblems. All of these are highly emblemed for me.

Here’s a list of current ones I use either daily to very regularly:

Magni, Joon & Lianna are my best snipers in their respective colors and see regular use.

Vivica is a solid healer with her D boost and cleanse

Richard is on my D team

Leonidas gets used all the time for his mana cut and, once emblemed, he doesn’t hit that much softer than Joon. Given self heal he is a durable sniper

Heroes I use, but less regularly:

Azlar and Quintus are both on titan teams due to high tile damage and regulars is PvE

Heroes I used to use regularly but had to reset for other priorities and haven’t had the emblems to go back to:

Justice’s hit can be surprisingly hard with emblems and the blind all is nice.

Elena for difficult stages and good tile damage. I did just get Ferant so she is lower priority to re-emblem, although I did just get her costume.

Elkanen was a great and durable fast mana hit 3 with emblems. Followed Buddy and did good damage. My greens miss that multi enemy hit TBH.

Obviously I am F2P and this is what I have, along with a splattering of HotMs, but they are functional if still if not “ideal”. They need emblems. The use of any of these without emblems is greatly reduced. The difference is if you have virtually every hero you can make the right synergy to outweigh no emblems. I do not have that :laughing:

:beers:

3 Likes

I also have my point for S1 naked heroes

Kiril, Boldtusk and Rigard are in my teams currently

I don’t have Elena but she always bothers me when she’s tank in the opposing team

Isarnia gives -44% defense down for 6 turns… 6 turns!

Khagan is essencial in red teams paired with Falcon and Cillian

Gunnar and Kailani are great for 3 star tournaments

Ye, a classic game - while Rigard is covered with armor, poor Isarnia got a… well, maybe a g-string of protection, and maybe some hardened fishbone in her bra :smiley:

Go girls, go! Don’t worry your male comrades are covered by steel, just go there half naked with boots barely being covered!

edit: oh, I didn’t really meant boots. Whatever, let’s call it automatic correction

She would have definitely been on my list if I hadn’t lucked into Athena in the first ToL. Still good for depth on Mythic Titans.

:beers:

1 Like