Sartana, Mok-Arr or Grimble?

I am one tabard away, and Sartana/Grimble are already at 3/70, Mok-Arr is on his way at 3/20

Yes, I know, Sartana! But, hear me out…

I already have two Seshats maxed, so don’t reall need a third purple sniper, the increasing proliferation of minion generators makes Grimble interesting (looking at you Telluria, Freya…), and I raid exclusively mono, which makes Mok-Arr viable (no damage to my own team, extra damage against holy) since I don’t have a purple AOE (Costume Tibs doesn’t really count, he’s there for his D-Down), and Mok hits everyone pretty hard.

My current purple stack is
Seshat +13,
Seshat,
Victor/Proteus+20 (depending on how I feel)
Costume Tibs and
Costume Rigard +13.

In a vacuum, the answer would nearly always be Sartana, but I’m thinking it might come down to Mok-Arr and Grimble, given my current roster situation.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Stay healthy!
I

You’re absolutely right that in a vacuum Sartana is the obvious choice… But you’re also right that two Seshat’s do kinda render her less necessary.

You may at some point turn back towards 3-2 or other split teams (whether from choice or change in meta) in which case she may at that point be more useful.

However, I’ll speak up for Mok - I’ve not once regretted maxing him.
250% is very high damage for average mana. Only Ursena does more in dark at average mana, and only as long as the enemy has over 50% HP.

Grimble’s niche is yet to really come to the fore… Against minions he’s mustard, but anywhere else he just doesn’t have the teeth.
For now, if you see a minion team it’s easy enough to reroll it most of the time.

Neither Mok nor Grimble fits every team and everywhere… But Mok fits more if you like your mono.

6 Likes

Just for completeness of information, my other maxed Dark heros are

Proteus2,
Rigard2
Ameonna
Merlin
Cyprian
Sabina +18

1 Like

Thanks for the input Bubbles. I am leaning that way, and am willing to suffer the slings and arrows of ungrateful forum warriors for choosing Mok over Sartana. :wink:

The only other factor would be the chance of Sartana getting a costume, which might make her just that much better to max her anyway, though it’s probably not the best fit for my team.

The other thing is… Clarissa!

But Ilearned the hard way that the HotM is not guaranteed when I pulled nearly 250 times last month withour getting her (1st HotM I missed in a year), so there are no guarantees that I will get her…

1 Like

To be fair to them, Sartana would normally be the right choice…

And unless her costume makes her better than Seshat, will you even regret it?

And most of the posters worth listening to will tell you that your bench is what makes a decision right or wrong.

I highly recommend Mok to those with a versatile 5* base already and the ability to build teams around him - he’s powerful and in dark mono you’ll really see that, in a Wilbur+BK boosted attack party he becomes a positive boon.

Is he a good first dark 5*? No.
Will he sit unused sometimes if the situation doesn’t suit him? Yes.
Is he good on defence? Very rarely.

As I said above, he’s kinda a twist on Ursena… Very similar damage, boosted against holy - within the reflect, but keeps that huge damage up even when enemies have under half health.

Ursena fits more teams, goes well on defence, but not all of us have her and just because Mok is a less versatile twist on her doesn’t instantly make him crap.

As I say, I’ve had no regrets and nor have most I’ve talked to who maxed him… A lot of doubters stare at 1.1 and decide against finding out.

1 Like

Well… If you got her, great.

But she’s then next dark project - do you want to potentially sit on the decision for the best part of two months?

Do you normally pull hard enough to expect her?

I don’t chase HOTM. I try not to chase anything specific anymore and my pulls have been severely reduced - but I have way too many projects waiting already!!

1 Like

Yes, I normally pull enough to get the HotM. Telluria is the only one I’ve missed since I started (Frida, March last year) and the only one I actually pulled for, over 250 pulls… February was not my month, luck-wise. All those pulls between Atlantis, Costume Chamber (really wanted Joon, and he was featured) and Valhalla and the ONLY 5* I got were Mok-Arr and Vivica #5 (and 2nd Viv costume). Just horrible luck. Unbelievable.

But overall, I can’t complain. A year playing and have 52 5*

1 Like

Mok for attacking, he is really cool. Grimble would fit nice in some events mostly…

I’ve missed a few HOTM… I missed Vela and Kingston for example and both would’ve been more than welcome.

I lucked out and pulled multiples of a couple of them (3 Seshat, 2 Telluria, 2 JF). Seshat I understand, the most recent two I was half expecting to miss altogether.

It matters not - I have so much waiting to work on that I don’t want or need to pull hard… There’s hero’s out there I’d love to have, but I don’t and I can live with that.

I’m thinking in my purple stack, he could replace Proteus/Victor. Firing Mok off after Tibs’ defense down and Rigs’ attack up would be devestating, I think. And Seshat could pick off the remainders.

4 Likes

Possibly, it depends what you’re up against… Whether you want control or raw firepower.

Either way, if you raid mono you’ll find him valuable.

Raiding mono he’s my MVP - but I more often raid 3-2 again these days… He still fits in well.

I could go 3-2 with Wilbur & BT, both at +20. That could be fun. 2 Seshats, Mok-Arr and the Wilbur/BT combo…

Could be fun, sure - BT would boost the hit on enemy and friendly fire, but Wilbur would up defence and spread the hit.

My reckless fun team is usually: Wilbur, Black Knight, G.Kong, Mokk-Arr and Kage… Kage fires whenever ready, then once Wilbur and BK fire you wait two turns then unleash Mok (usually at +105% to +145% attack), the self harm ratchets the attack boost up another notch (it tops out at +145%) and then Kong cleans up.

This wipes out almost anything - Mok alone will leave almost nothing alive and Kong hits are not far behind… It doesn’t always setup properly (usually if Wilbur dies, bad boards happen), but when it does it’s a thing of beauty.
It doesn’t really work against the Telly/Vela teams that well though - too often the delay lets Vela fire and that’s not nice for a red stack.

I love boosted AOE heroes, that’s why I love Snow White so much. I live taking my blue stack with her against Aegir tanks.

1 Like

I’d go the shark I want one no matter what the haters say!

1 Like

I had similar dillema (mok / sartana /thoth) and having 2 seshat I decided to go for mok :slight_smile:
He is at 3/70 and the only thing that is stopping me from last ascention is the next Atlantis with Kage plus Clarissa…if I fail to get any of these mok will get the tabards :slight_smile:

Considering you have 2 Seshat and Costume Rigard who is better than most 5* I would wait. If you plan to pull in any of this or next month’s events, you may get Killhare, Jabberwock or Alfrike (who will be probably added to pool and will be featured). Next month has Clarissa, a Dark poisonous variant of GM. So I would keep tabards for now.

Wow I forgot about Jabberwock! Only pulling in Springvale if I happen to get an EHT. Was saving for Costume chamber and Valhalla, but might have to do some Wonderland pulls as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reminder!

I’ll piggyback on this thread and ask for opinions on Grimble vs. Sartana given my roster below. I’ve got six Tabards and after Jabbar finishes I have no Purple projects planned. I don’t see my virgin Obakan or Qunitus (even with Costume) ever getting Tabards.

I’ve got a pretty good all-star mono Purple Raid/War team with Hel, Seshat, Panther, Jabberwock, and C.Rigard/Kunchen, so I don’t know if Grimble or Sartana would even make the squad.