Sartana damage bug?

Yesterday i was raiding when encountered a team with a Sartana +10 in the corner with a level 16 crit troop under her (the team was MN, Khiona, Justice, GM, Sartana). Ok, nothing special at first, i went on with it and got all the enemies killed, just Sartana remained. Her health was low, maybe 100hp or even lower, but she was charged. No problem I said, because i had all 5 heroes alive and Ariel ready. She fired her special at my Seshat (who had 3 minions) and dealt 1435 dmg. What? She had no buffs on her and i did not have any kind of debuffs on me. I checked her attack stat, it was 739, my Lianna has 20 more and never done nowhere near this much dmg even though im using a higher level troop than this Sartana had. How is this possible? Others in my alliance also said that they noticed Sartana dealing way more dmg than she should. Or is there some kind of hidden attack buff for low hp heroes? I would be surprised.

What was your Seshat’s exact defense stats? The defense team always gets a 20% hidden attack and defense boost. Maybe that could be the reason, but we can calculate the damage if you can give us the exact defense stat of your Seshat with troops and the exact attack stats of the Sartana with troops.

1 Like

My Seshat has 701 defense and i used a troop with a 17% defense boost. The Sartana had 739 attack and a troop with 17% attack boost.

2 Likes

So according to the numbers you have provided, the damage done by Sartana should be equal to 100×((739×1.17×1.2×4.52)÷(701×1.17))^1.35 = 1052

But, there is a random parameter in the damage calculation which gets multiplied to the attack/defense ratio, that can vary between 0.606 to 1.649. So if we assume that to be equal to 1.258, then the damage by the said Sartana would be equal to 100×(1.258×(739×1.17×1.2×4.52)÷(701×1.17))^1.35 = 1435, which is exactly what you experienced. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And that number would be ok, but she did more than 1400. Thats an insanely high dmg number and i never saw any hero do this much without special buffs and debuffs on the enemy.

I have added the effect of the random parameter on the damage calculation in my post and showed how the damage reported is within acceptable bounds. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So you say its possible if the RNG gods bless her with a very high random parameter? That could explain this, but not the fact that i have never seen this much dmg by a single special and could not do nowhere near as much with higher dmg output heroes and higher troops. Well, if you say so, i believe you, but it still feels very odd.

1 Like

Usually the random parameter lies around 1 for most cases, but since it’s a probability distribution which lies between 0.606 and 1.649, there will be a number of cases which will lie away from the median (1.258 in your case). So, statistically, this would an event whose occurence will be rarer than the one with parameter value 1, but not at all odd. As the random parameter moves more towards 0.606 or 1.649 it becomes more and more rarer. Hope this makes sense. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, it does and thank you for the answer. Maybe the guy was insanely lucky and im very unlucky as i could not do nowhere near as much dmg with a single hit during my almost 2 years of gameplay.

1 Like

The 20% hidden attack boost matters a lot. We don’t get that when we are attacking. If I remove that boost from the calculations and everything else remains the same, then the damage would have been 1120, so it plays a significant part. Maybe your defense team would have done a similar damage but there is no way for us to check that unless the attacker records it and posts it here. Anyway, have a great day and happy gaming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was observing damage from Caedmon the other day and against identical bosses (manual farming) saw values as low as 850 and as high as 1300 (green on green). Most however are nowhere near that extreme range or so I believe.

1 Like

Does this take into account that they are both purples? Purple is supposed to be weak against itself. I know that some have said that specials are colorless, but how does that explain the interaction between Evelyn and Lianna’s specials.

Thanks for your answer in advance.

2 Likes

Yes, specials and slash hits are indeed colourless. Evelyn has a special which gives the hero a green elemental debuff, and hence when Lianna hits her special is considered to be green and does more damage. This phenomenon will only occur for the elemental debuffers (Falcon, Evelyn, Frida, King Richard, Jackal and Panther). So if you hit someone with Panther first then Sartana will do a lot of damage.

The only place where slashes comsidered coloured are the minions in the world maps or quests. They are like the tile damsge of the AI. So a green minion does more damage to a blue hero and less damage to a red hero.

1 Like

Are you sure about slash attacks? Any normal attack does double damage to opposite colour. And slash attacks are normal attacks as far as I know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I am 100% sure. Hero slash attacks don’t take colour into consideration. But slash attacks can have a chance to do critical damage depending on the crit troops, so sometimes they might do double damage but it is independent of colour.

1 Like

Well, a boss or titan does double damage to a hero of opposite colour in your team. With slash attacks. And they don’t have crit troops :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is not true. You can record a titan or boss battle, record the damage numbers and see it for yourself. For example, in the following titan hit video which I recorded long time back, you can see that the first two hits from the red titan on both my Grimm and Tarlak are almost similar (Grimm takes a little bit more damage because of less defense than Tarlak). If what you said were true then Tarlak should have taken double damage and Grimm half damage, and they should have been around 800 and 200 respectively, instead of both being around 400-500.

As I said, only the minions from heroes do colour specific damage. Rest all are simple damage caused according to the damage formula. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What minions are you talkin about? Regular monsters, cause this is the first I’ve ever heard of any AI damage being elemental without buffs/debuffs involved(i also autofarm all maps and quests outside of challenge events so could be why my observation is pretty limited)

2 Likes

Yes, regular monsters. Their slash are like the tile damage equivalent for the AI. Ofcourse this does not apply to the main bosses. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright I’ll start paying closer attention, thanks

2 Likes