Sartana damage bug?

I was observing damage from Caedmon the other day and against identical bosses (manual farming) saw values as low as 850 and as high as 1300 (green on green). Most however are nowhere near that extreme range or so I believe.

1 Like

Does this take into account that they are both purples? Purple is supposed to be weak against itself. I know that some have said that specials are colorless, but how does that explain the interaction between Evelyn and Lianna’s specials.

Thanks for your answer in advance.

2 Likes

Yes, specials and slash hits are indeed colourless. Evelyn has a special which gives the hero a green elemental debuff, and hence when Lianna hits her special is considered to be green and does more damage. This phenomenon will only occur for the elemental debuffers (Falcon, Evelyn, Frida, King Richard, Jackal and Panther). So if you hit someone with Panther first then Sartana will do a lot of damage.

The only place where slashes comsidered coloured are the minions in the world maps or quests. They are like the tile damsge of the AI. So a green minion does more damage to a blue hero and less damage to a red hero.

1 Like

Are you sure about slash attacks? Any normal attack does double damage to opposite colour. And slash attacks are normal attacks as far as I know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I am 100% sure. Hero slash attacks don’t take colour into consideration. But slash attacks can have a chance to do critical damage depending on the crit troops, so sometimes they might do double damage but it is independent of colour.

1 Like

Well, a boss or titan does double damage to a hero of opposite colour in your team. With slash attacks. And they don’t have crit troops :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is not true. You can record a titan or boss battle, record the damage numbers and see it for yourself. For example, in the following titan hit video which I recorded long time back, you can see that the first two hits from the red titan on both my Grimm and Tarlak are almost similar (Grimm takes a little bit more damage because of less defense than Tarlak). If what you said were true then Tarlak should have taken double damage and Grimm half damage, and they should have been around 800 and 200 respectively, instead of both being around 400-500.

As I said, only the minions from heroes do colour specific damage. Rest all are simple damage caused according to the damage formula. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What minions are you talkin about? Regular monsters, cause this is the first I’ve ever heard of any AI damage being elemental without buffs/debuffs involved(i also autofarm all maps and quests outside of challenge events so could be why my observation is pretty limited)

2 Likes

Yes, regular monsters. Their slash are like the tile damage equivalent for the AI. Ofcourse this does not apply to the main bosses. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright I’ll start paying closer attention, thanks

2 Likes

I don’t know why I always thought the bosses inflict double damage to me if I bring the weak colour :rofl: Of course, because I actually never bring the weak colour at titan, I couldn’t know this. Perhaps someone told me this, I can’t remember.

2 Likes

Haha. Usually there are a lot of misconceptions that players generally tend to spread among others regarding the game play. But once you start observing your hits more closely and start crunching the numbers, the false facts are easy to catch. I learned all this from some of the great minds in the forums and I tested them myself just to make sure which is correct and which is false. :slight_smile:

Edit Never mind, I found what I was looking for…

1 Like

Been farmin s1 17-1 and at the end i let the 2 “minions” hit me multiple times before i killed them. The damage was anywhere between 58 to 72

72 was highest i saw and it was on lianna who is green and the minions are blue. Never saw any “weak or strong” indicators that we normally see with tile damage

Do you have any kind of video proof or anything?

I should mention that lianna was also the only one without emblems but still seemed odd the green hero recieved the highest damage

1 Like

I just saw this “bug” during one of my war battles with a defending Sartana, but I also noticed that Jinx activated during the hit, which presumably boosted her damage output significantly. Perhaps that was the missing factor in the OP’s situation as well.

2 Likes

Interesting. Let me see what I can find. When I had checked some months ago it was working like I had said especially when I was playing the Atlantis hard levels that time at the beginning of this year. Don’t know if it changed somehow after several updates. I will get back to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rigs Yes, you are absolutely correct. I totally messed up. It is actually the minions (spawned by heroes) whose attacks are elemental in nature, not the monsters in the map levels. Sorry for the confusion, I totally messed that up. :slight_smile:

Here’s the post by @lexinen that’s like the go to for these things. :slight_smile:

@Scarecrow You might enjoy this too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just glad it’s cleared up so i can stop watching autofarm now lol

1 Like

This was my thought. If it was a jinx hit with a 15% boost per active buff, that 1450 number is EASILY attainable and I have seen it myself hit that high.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Cookie Settings