šŸŽ… Santa's Challenge 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links ā€“ Christmas Event

Tried is with my dear three, wearing the most beautiful green dresses the world ever seen, Ladies.They were entering Santas Village like guests of honour at Tsar Catherines New Years Eve Ball, flanked by a honoroble samurai from the Land of the Rising Sun and a brave, distingueshed knight and king from Brexit-Land.
Ladies danced with Santa and playing with the Hobbit on pills while the gentlemen had tea and cookies with Granny. They were so overwhelmed from the guests that we got at the end a lot of presents and an invitation for next year.

Zeline
Evelyn
Lianna
Kunchen
King Arthur

2 Likes

10 Points for the poetic description!!! Merry Christmas!!

2 Likes

:relaxed: ā€¦Thank youā€¦:blush:
Merry Christmas, Christine.

Hmm just because the deals that have the same price as todayā€™s winter deal have the same format (ie the ones that are $29.99, Ā£28.99 or whatever it is in your currency) Iā€™m wondering if the absence of a flask in the deal was a mistake or not. In previous windows the deal has been 2800 gems, 2 EHT, 3 ETT, 1 x 4* AM, 2 3* AMs, 1 4x 4* Crafting Material, 1 2x 4* Crafting Material and a flask but today itā€™s the same format but with a flask missing.

Welcome to the Forum!

Do you mean you kept using continues with Gems, and spent over 12,000 Gems on the continues?

Santa and Buddy cause Attack debuffs, and Mother North heals ā€” plus they all make Minions. All of that is why theyā€™re very difficult Bosses.

I assume thatā€™s what you mean by them not taking damage, that youā€™re not making much impact against them?

What heroes did you take for Stage 24?

6 Likes

Colen 4th Ascension Level 70 (Talent Grid 10), Master Lepus 4th Ascension Level 80, Cyprian FULLY MAXED-OUT, Kadilen 4th Ascension Level 70, and Caedmon 4th Ascension Level 70 (Talent Grid 16) - 3911 Power overall!!!

Team Power alone isnā€™t a very useful indicator, as synergy matters a lot.

Those are individually good heroes, but they donā€™t do much to address the challenges that Santa, Mother North, and Buddy present.

• You donā€™t have any healer to help keep your heroes alive

• You donā€™t have any hero to clear the attack and defense debuffs or overwrite them with buffs

• You donā€™t have any Mana controllers to help prevent Mother North from firing

Cyprian can be a decent option, since Buddy hits 3, and Santa hits all ā€” so thereā€™s a good chance for his Riposte to do some counter damage. But that alone wonā€™t be enough to keep up with Mother North.

If you lack many alternative options, nuking the Bosses with items is an effective strategy.

Dragon Attacks, Bomb Attacks, and Axe Attacks are useful. All the better if you can bring Harpoons too ā€” that mix is enough to kill them outright.

You can find a lot of discussion of that here: šŸŽ… Santa's Challenge 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links ā€“ Christmas Event

13 Likes

I agree.

Even @madmarv found it hard

(šŸŽ… Santa's Challenge 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links ā€“ Christmas Event - #118 by madmarv)

After 2x fails, I found harpoons, and quickly killing Mothe North, are the only way to complete it.

([Warning!, Tip, Danger!] šŸŽ¶ Drunken Santa ( apologies to the Irish Rovers ) or Battle item targeting and harpoons in Santa's Challenge)

5 Likes

I went the mana control plus heavy damage route (Proteus and Time Stops; Boldtusk, Wilbur, Falcon, Scarlett; bonus that it gives counters to the attack and defense debuffs too):

5 Likes

On my alt which couldnā€™t just overpower itā€¦

I used Rigard, Wu, Elena, Proteus, Boldtusk.

I brought medium mana, large health, bombs, and dragon attacks.

I used a couple health to help get my team rolling because of a bad starting boardsā€¦ didnā€™t need anything through the other normal wavesā€¦ got to the last stage after loading all specials on 3/4ā€¦ used mana to keep proteus mana stop on themā€¦ used tiles to get them low enoughā€¦ then dumped 3500 damage from the bombs and dragon attacks.

Collected loot.

4 Likes

As I found out on my 2x fails, Santaā€™s 5% minion heal all allies and Buddy 's 5% minion heal nearby allies is SIGNIFICANT when 5% is 4300 or 4500 HP.

Colen also suffers from Original Hero Syndrome, Colenā€™s DOT are too spread out for a strong healer boss and two other minor healing bosses.

3 Likes

Who would you use if you didnā€™t have Falcon as tank?

Iā€™d either go with another heavy hitter or another mana controller ā€” or just bring heavier Battle Items and nuke them from orbit.

If I werenā€™t nukingā€¦

Despite being blue, Grimm +18 would be tempting, because he hits like a truck.

Other options Iā€™d consider would be Colen (adds to the red stack), Merlin (mana control in 3-2 with Proteus), a second Proteus (makes it easier to keep the Bosses locked down), Hansel (fast mana control is useful, and green is only weak against Santa), Chao (fast mana control in a neutral color), or Li Xiu (mana control against all in a neutral color).

2 Likes

Colen isnā€™t a bad choice, heā€™s just squishy. His high attack stat and defense bypassing burn are very useful when 2 of the end bosses are green. Cyprian with reflect is also a good choice. You donā€™t need Caedmon, none of the bosses buff themselves. You could replace him with a red like Boldtusk. You need healing. Lepus hits hard but lowers his own defense. Those normal stage monsters will hit him hard. Kadilen is useful on the last stage but you really want them to go off as little as possible, hence the battle item dump. You need healing to go into the last stage full strength, and free up your battle items slots for mana and damage. If you have Proteus, you need to bring him. Time stops can also help.

3 Likes

What in the world possessed you to blow 12k gems on a single event level?!?!?

This is the best possible advice that can be given on the subject. Iā€™ll just add:

• I took 2 healers, and found that quite necessary
  • after that many continues, I doubt you have items left to blow, but Time Stops were vital for me.
6 Likes

Thanks. I donā€™t have Falcon but I do have others you had mentioned. I have always others you now mentioned but Merlin. All mine need to be leveled way more than they are now. Iā€™m proud to have completed advanced stage 14 with a 3100 team.

3 Likes

Sorry to here you are having a bad time but first you must understand that you are dealing with three minion makers so its not they are not recieving damage its that there minions are acting as shields for lack of a better word. Mana control is huge for last stage. Hansel gretel, proteus, hel, even li xui shine here. Time stops are also huge as they remove mana from all of them. I usually take 5 big mana pots, time stops, dragon bombs and tornadoes, tornadoes allow you to mana your whole team, mana pota allow u to charge one of your mana dispellers during a bad board, dragon. Attack puts a dot on them, and the time stops, remove all mana from all three. Take your time and time your specials and time stop usage to take out mother north first. The biggest thing I noticed was you have no healer which is a no no for the amount of hp those guys have. If you have anymore questions or are still struggling feel free to get back to us, but please, reframe from the name calling and swearing, it gives a bad vibe and you are trying a level repeatedly and not realizing you needed a healer is the biggest issue.

5 Likes

Colen - weak
Master Lepus - ok
Cyprian - weak
Kadilen - weak
Caedmon - weak

That team canā€™t beat the Christmas Dream team. Who else do u have? U better bring some tornadoes, revive scrolls, and time stops with that line up

1 Like

Ok but zephyr is right though. The problem isnā€™t team power, itā€™s the choice of heroes. That team doesnā€™t have a lot of damage output. It has no way to deal with the debuffs of Santa/Buddy. And I donā€™t know why you would bring 2 green heroes to the fight when you know the bosses are red/green. Iā€™m pretty sure when you said the bosses are taking no damage itā€™s because you were hitting them with special skills while your attack was debuffed, and they had minions which absorb damage. They act as little meat shields.
Well better luck next time. Try stacking red or something.

6 Likes

Colen - not a bad choice
Lepus - bad choice. Not as colour. Because Santa is red, blue is OK. But doesnā€™t help your team with anything. Grimm would have been much better. Kiril, even better. You donā€™t start such mission without even a healer. This is basic knowledgeā€¦
Cyprian - I wonā€™t ever understand the players who bring Cyprian or Boril in attack. Donā€™t help your team with anything and the fact they are used, it means the player accepts to be hit over and over again, to justify their purpose. Worst idea ever. Especially with such bosses.
Kadilen - though makes your line-up more resistant to bosses specials, not recommended. She is green. And in this mission the tile damage weights the most.
Caedmon - what is his purpose?

As you see, it is not the game fault; only yours. There is a thread opened 1 month ago, where many members asked for help and advices.

Simply, you should have post some screenshots with your heroes and some of us would have advised you the best line-up for this mission, items to bring and strategy to use. Because there is a strategy, in the end of stage 3, when the player should prepare the heroes and the board.

Anyway, you wonā€™t see a single gem back. You spent them willingly and was only your fault, as I explained above.

6 Likes