šŸŽ… Santa's Challenge 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links ā€“ Christmas Event

I feel for you. I did seven Santaā€™s Challenge Seasonal 10-pulls, three Grimforest 10-pulls, and seven individual Atlantis pulls all during December. End result? Zero 5-star heroes. Zero special event 4-star heroes. Maybe about 10-15 total regular 4-star heroes (all of them duplicates). The rest were, of course, 3-star feeders.

There are just some players that RNG loves, and then there are others that RNG hates. We just make a decision based on RNGā€™s level of favoritism on whether or not it is worth it to continue playing. There are quite a few, who quit. Others, like myself, just tries to enjoy the time waster trying like hell not to let my competitive side dominate my playing because it wonā€™t end well, if I do.

I love you @zephyr1, but that top post is very busy and the table is huge for a smartphone.

Maybe break the top post into 2020 calendar and 2020 Challenge ( if we are still playing).

Maybe 1 EHT instead of 1 in the EHT column of the table? 700 g instead of 700 in the gem column? Maybe cost in the second column instead of the last column?

Still an incredibly awesome 2019 table ( lurkers can try remaking it on Discourse.org forum software if they do not believe how much of a pain in the a$$ this was for @zephyr1)

Click for a very merry ...

ā€¦ unbirthday.

Also, I just noticed, a very merry unbirthday to you @zephyr1!

Future search terms
2019 Winter Fun! Mystery Offer, Boxing day offer, Winter break offer.

FIN

2 Likes

Santaā€™s Challenge in particular makes for a huge top post because of the added duration and Stages. I think in the future Iā€™m going to stick to one thread, but break up the top post into multiple posts, so they can be jumped to by links.

Done, done, and done.

2 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, a second builder has basically no value to me as of right now (Sh23), so it does depend on oneā€™s personal circumstances. VIP is still very good, but after my second food storage caps (currently 7>8 as of posting), I wonā€™t have much to look forward to until Sh25. And Iā€™d rather the metal accumulate for making battle items that I need for challenge events than spend it on buildings I barely care about.

Lodge at 3. Lab at 1. Advanced house at 9. Not worth the downtime upgrading the farms/mines.

Idk. I usually look at the best dollar/gem ratio for pulls. The rest is just gravy.

But thatā€™s just me. Everybody has to make their best judgment call for themselves.

3 Likes

Yes, i have too more or less all the advanced building i care the most already upgraded and must be very careful about iron for all the rest, and thatā€™s why iā€™m considering switching from double builder to path of valor as soon as it comes out.

But i suspect that for the time beeing Small Giant is not going to let us build SH25 before Hero Academy, so when the time come they push us to re-buy second builder to finish faster :sweat_smile:

So iā€™m taking in considerations those possibilities and those costs as ā€œmust haveā€ to not exceed my budget.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Misleading offer ā€“ Santaā€™s Challenge Mystery Offer

Woot! Woot!

Much better on smartphone

1 Like

How the word ā€œofferā€ could be misleading?

Except thatā€™s a false comparison, since you donā€™t get all of that at once. Youā€™ve completely ignored that it takes 2 months to accumulate that.

The proper comparison is to the Atlantis offers. For $8 US you get:

1600 coins
100 Atlantis tokens (1pull)

vs

1700 coins
1 ETT
1 EHT

The Atlantis coins is nominally worth more than the EHT, somewhat muddled by using it for an event pull. For ease, letā€™s call it even. Youā€™ll get an Ulmer from both, right?

So is is worth another $2 for another 100 coins, and an ETT? Iā€™m leaning towards ā€œnoā€, but want to hear opinions.

I still need a 4* purple troop, which is a 2% chance every ETTā€¦ sigh. Last two were purple 3*.

1 Like

So
$8 = 1600g + 100 coin ~ 1900g
$10 = 1000g + 700g + eht + ett ~ 2120g

GiantImpossibleFalcon-size_restricted

As do I, but if youā€™re going to do an economic comparison, you MUST include time. Itā€™s not as complicated as real world money/opportunity costs, but it still factors in.

If all youā€™re willing/able to spend on the game is the price of VIP then that will always win (barring offers theyā€™ll likely never repeat, like the monster pack or whatever it was from last year). Even if you donā€™t need the second builder.

But as you cannot get multiple VIP rewards in a single month, if youā€™re going to spend more then comparing it to VIP isnā€™t very valid.

And thatā€™s why i pretty much said (see again posts above) that this kind of offers are good for spenders but less good for low/very low budgets.

Itā€™s not like i canā€™t afford multiple of this.
Iā€™m lucky enough to afford even hundreds of euros/dollars monthly if i want, but fact is I DONā€™T WANT to do that.

Micro transaction tend to increase your spending habits, so if you say yes once because itā€™s ā€œcheapā€ next time you probably say yes again.

Then you get that offer double as fast as before, and you will say why not.

Then they offer you something different about same cheap as the other. Ok again.

And so onā€¦ and so onā€¦ and so onā€¦

There will be always this kind of offers, and probably more often then before as time pass by.

As i donā€™t want to be dragged in a vicious circle, and iā€™m patient enough to say ā€œok, i will not get the new shiny hero immediately, but sooner or later it will returnā€ i donā€™t weight the time factor as much as someone else.

This is still a game of patience, and iā€™m still here after 30 months and keep enjoy the game.

2 Likes

16-17 months and didnā€™t got a 5* hero from Atlantis with dozens of pullsā€¦ and i am still here waiting with patience

Anyone know what the ā€œMystery Offerā€ is?

Yes, an epic troop token, an epic hero token and 700 gems for about 5 bucks.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! May the RNG be with you.

1 Like

Forget the silver token. It was from a chest or sth.

Screenshot_20191226_163713

1 Like

So buying the 5 0.99 gems unlocks the 700 gems and tokens but is that free or is that another $5 ? Itā€™s nice deal just want to know if itā€™s $5 for all or $10 for all. Thanks.

10$ total 5*.99 + 4.99