Sand empire loot is really sad

While the heroes are decent enough the loot is particularly sad. Only 3 ascension items in the whole event and they are only in advanced… really crappy for lower lvl people.

6 Likes

I noticed the same thing. I am just going to try the advanced myself. Not sure how far I will get but the normal doesn’t seem worth it. Hopefully I can get the darts because I desperately need them for Joon. Poor guy has been at 70 for a couple months.

Not to mention the energy required per lvl is insane. Not reaaly worth the effort.

3 Likes

I count only 2 ascension items:(

1 Like

This is the usual reward for seasonal events. We knewcto expect this. But there is also lots of ctafting mats, 5 trainer heroes, 2 epic tokens, and most importantly, 2 avatars.

And the cost? Basically only world energy, and that’s not really a cost as only thing you lose is few dozen runs of 8-7.

2 Likes

5 Trainer heroes:

2 :star: x1
3 :star: x3
4 :star: x1

And they alone will give my Joon (4.60 actually) 25440 Exp, making him jump from 4.74 to 4.80 almost instantly without too much food expenses!

And my 3.70 Vivica, that observed Joon with envy as he got her last Dart, will start collecting again materials to ascend :rofl:

3 Likes

Yup, did not notice the double 3*, fixed my post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like it. Some mats are difficult to get and they are here, but most important, it breaks the monotony of eternally farming.

6 Likes

I was actually commenting the opposite in alliance chat this morning. Perhaps the normal mode loot looks a bit thin, but the advanced loot is very very good IMO. Lots of roots, lumbers, and already crafted consumables that need roots and lumber. The WE cost is high, but the return looks better than your average 3 flag farming.

Plus I love the event music. lol

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy with the offered loot. My Joon who’s been stuck at 3/70 for many months is jumping like a bunny with excitement. Five trainer heroes will also get him decently started in his 4th ascension. I bet the last stages are going to be tough but if you beat the last stage of the monthly event’s advanced, I doubt this is going to be much different. Just cheese it with items. Only complaint is that the levels require so much world energy. Oh well, I have saved quite a few flasks.

1 Like

Plus I love the event music. lol

Takes me back to Mario Bros 3, world 2.

And every mario kart track based on it :grin:SMAS_2-5

1 Like

I love all they mats. WE is free, and 10* titans and above require plenty of materials for my alliance :slight_smile:

1 Like

The loot in seasonal events seems a little bit better than the loot in Challenge Events. Especially in Advanced, you get 5-9 of crafting materials which is waaay better than individual levels in the events (where loot is just basically what you get from farming).
I’m gonna finish the Normal stage for epic troop token. Probably will be able to go for the Orb in Advanced but not going to force it too much. I have enough Orbs to level both of my yellows right now.

my 3.70 vivica needs one dart to ascend. I sure wasn’t going to pay $20 for it during the sale that ended yesterday, so I’m quite happy this event has a dart. Sure, it’s a 4000 difficulty level which is definitely offputting for lower level people, and I don’t agree with the approach, but I very much look forward to giving Joon some company at 4^80

1 Like

I also find people put way too much cred into the recommended power. We had a 3200 player with the right team and teams beat the 4k level in the Easter event in our alliance and that was WAY harder.

1 Like

Agree on the power, not sure about the difficulty of the events. Regardless I also managed to beat the bunnies with about 3300 power, so it is possible.

Are the rewards and costs really typical of other events? Honest question cuz I can’t remember what the spring and winter events were like. Anyone got screenshots?

My initial reactions were “Whoa, the energy cost per stage in Advanced is NUTS” and “The normal tier rewards are pretty blah.” I don’t remember thinking that for the prior 2 events.

I do plan to complete both tiers because I enjoy this game, and I enjoy new content. Sometimes I think people view things in the game as just transactions and forget that the content itself is part of the reward.

1 Like

No screenshots but I’m 100% positive that the past seasonal events did not differ significantly from this one.

Completed a few stages on advanced already. Nothing of note though.