Sand Empire Hero RETURNING: Yunan!
Special Skill: Sand Storm
- Deals 161% damage to all enemies.
- All enemies receive 339 damage over 3 turns.
- All enemies get -50% healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
- Cures status ailments from the caster.
What do you think of Yunan?
This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Yunan.
Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Yunan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is he worth summoning for?
Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Would you give Yunan Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?
What do you think of his special?
What do you think of his character design?
The theme of Sand Empire heroes is non-dispellable healing reductions. What do you think of this sort of special skill?
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get Yunan?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.96% chance of summoning Yunan.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 26 times out of 100, you’ll get Yunan by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Yunan by pull 1000 (260,000 gems)
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Yunan by pull 1530 (397,800 gems)
Putting that in Perspective
- 74 out of every 100 people won’t get Yunan by the 100th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 740,000 of those players wouldn’t get Yunan
- 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Yunan by the 1000th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 1000 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Yunan
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning
The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.
Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.
That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.
Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?
You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.
Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.
For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Have an Insight on Yunan’s Game Mechanics?
This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Yunan.
Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Yunan.
Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.
Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.
Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?
Do you already have Yunan from a previous Sand Empire?
- Yes, I have Yunan already from a past Sand Empire
- No, I tried to get Yunan previously, but didn’t succeed
- No, I was playing during Sand Empire last year, but didn’t try for Yunan
- No, I wasn’t playing during the last Sand Empire
Do you plan to Summon for Yunan this Sand Empire?
- Yes, I want to try to get Yunan this Sand Empire
- No, I already have Yunan, and don’t want to try for another
- No, I’m not interested in Yunan, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds
Overall, what do you think of Yunan’s usefulness?
- I think Yunan is one of the very best heroes
- I think Yunan is above average
- I think Yunan is very average
- I think Yunan is below average
- I think Yunan is one of the very worst heroes
Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!
What do you think of Yunan’s design?
- Yunan is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
- Yunan is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
- I’m indifferent to Yunan’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way
Related Threads You May Be Interested In
Main Thread for Sand Empire 2019: 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links
Older Threads Discussing Yunan
- Yunan or Rana are they worth it?
- Raids Index 🏆 Heroes Hall of Fame & Stats!
- 🏆 Official Raids Index [June 2019] - Thoughts & Discussion
- When must i fire Rana's special (or other sand empire heroes specials :D ) for optimal anti healing
Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire
- 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links
- 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Rana – Thoughts & Discussion
- 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Gafar – Thoughts & Discussion
- 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Jabbar – Thoughts & Discussion
- 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Hisan – Thoughts & Discussion
- 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Arman – Thoughts & Discussion
Any prep tips for the up coming SAND EMPIRE?
When is the SAND EMPIRE Summer Seasonal Event in June 2019? [Expected June 25, Subject to Change]
- What is the best Seasonal Summons?