Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
618 815 1437

:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Storm

• Deals 161% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 339 damage over 3 turns.
  • All enemies get -50% healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Cures status ailments from the caster.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Yunan?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Yunan.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Yunan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Yunan Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of Sand Empire heroes is non-dispellable healing reductions. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Yunan?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.96% chance of summoning Yunan.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 26 times out of 100, you’ll get Yunan by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Yunan by pull 1000 (260,000 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Yunan by pull 1530 (397,800 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 74 out of every 100 people won’t get Yunan by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 740,000 of those players wouldn’t get Yunan
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Yunan by the 1000th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 1000 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Yunan

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Yunan’s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Yunan.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Yunan.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Yunan from a previous Sand Empire?

• Yes, I have Yunan already from a past Sand Empire
  • No, I tried to get Yunan previously, but didn’t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Sand Empire last year, but didn’t try for Yunan
  • No, I wasn’t playing during the last Sand Empire
0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Yunan this Sand Empire?

• Yes, I want to try to get Yunan this Sand Empire
  • No, I already have Yunan, and don’t want to try for another
  • No, I’m not interested in Yunan, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds
0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Yunan’s usefulness?

• I think Yunan is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Yunan is above average
  • I think Yunan is very average
  • I think Yunan is below average
  • I think Yunan is one of the very worst heroes
0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Yunan’s design?

• Yunan is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Yunan is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • I’m indifferent to Yunan’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way
0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Sand Empire 2019: 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

Older Threads Discussing Yunan

Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire

6 Likes

Hi @zephyr1

Please have a look at the description in words of his special, as it isn’t the same as on the card, he is an AOE, not a hits 3 hero

4 Likes

Would be nice to try him out.
He’s good enough to try getting him with EHTs but I don’t think the event will make me spend diamonds.
If Tarlak is featured in this AR, I’d rather burn my diamonds there.

Yeah he hits all not just 3.
Always wanted him since i wasnt already playing last year but i meet him in a couple of raids and wars and he does his job correctly. Plus i lack a 5* green. So I’ve put aside a couple of EHTs to have a shot at him and maybe at Ranvir (since i dont have Wu) but i have discover lately that he belongs to the fighter class and i already have Poseidon which has the priority on those emblems… We’ll see, would still love to get him or Ranvir. Or maybe both :crossed_fingers:

Hi @zephyr1, I just wanted to point out a small error in one of the polls. The one that asks: “Do you already have Yunan from a previous Sand Empire?” One of the options says: “Yes, I already have Yunan from a past Springvale.”

I hope you don’t mind! I can see a ton of work has gone into this so I thought you’d want to know. Thanks for everything you do! :grin:

6 Likes

i dont have him. Faced him many times in raids and war in tank or wing role. Does good job in both. He hits total of 500 600 range per enemy with dot (only last man owl hits that much) he is one of the best heroes in the game although many underrated him…

He is slow, so no option for my team.
Great skill, great buddy, but slow speed pushes him into the dead corner.

@zephyr1 take a look at this some imprecisions along the way!!! He is also from sand empire not springvale

If you are looking for a great defense tank i would try him… i was bit reluctant but as tank he is in top 5 for sure (for me he is number 2 tank overall but to be more fair, top 5 he must be there for sure)

He’s a bit slow for my liking. My D fell off a cliff when I put him in. That said, he shines in Field Aid and Blitz Attack tourneys

Fixed, thanks! :heart_decoration:

1 Like

Also fixed, thanks! :heart_decoration:

1 Like

My wild hope is to pull Yunan. As F2P, I only have a few tokens to summon with. But I think many of the five-star greens aren’t very good, so he looks pretty good by comparison. Plus, I would love to lock down a five-star tank.

2 Likes

I want him, I am just not sure I would use him on defense (Ma North in the corner is my green, I don’t see pulling her from that duty for Yunan).

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat…have MN (and Lianna) for defense. Don’t see Yunan unseating either. I’ll take a Rana though!

1 Like

Although consider that he’s ranked in the top three defensive heroes published by SG!

2 Likes

I put him in my D overnight and lost 8 of the 9 raids with him in that night. There are just too many strong Reds for him to survive at tank these days

There are many strong heros in every color these days…

1 Like

The TEMPTATION is real just when you think you have a plan then this. Wanted to wait until Christmas to use my 21 EHT to try for at least Buddy or hopefully 1 of the 5* but Yunan seems very interesting.
Don’t have a 5* tank as of yet I don’t think.
Elena(1:50), Inari(2:48), Evelyn(3:58), & Margaret(1:1)
Couple of questions.
Sand Empire only comes 1 time a year right?
Do I use my 21 EHT trying for Yunan?
Since I have Evelyn(3:58) & Margaret(1:1) do I really need to try for another 5* green(yes I have AM to complete 1)?

I would like Yunan as I have both Onatel and Kunchen. It only seems right to have the third triplet.