🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

It’s Time for Sand Empire 2019!

If you do not see Sand Empire in Quests, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Guide

@Mariamne’s excellent guide to Sand Empire

:tada: Rewards & Flag Requirements! :triangular_flag_on_post:

Stage Normal Flags Normal Rewards Advanced Flags Advanced Rewards
1 3 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Clean Cloth 10 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Metal Ores
2 3 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Common Herbs 10 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Potent Laves
3 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Clean Cloth 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Sunspire Feathers
4 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Crude Iron 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Metal Ores
5 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Common Herbs 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Potent Leaves
6 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Large Bone 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Sunspire Feathers
7 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 8x Leather Strips 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 5x Fine Steel
8 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Crude Iron 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Fine Steel
9 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Large Bone 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: 12x Grimoire Dust
10 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: Scabbard, 2* Yellow Trainer 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: Orb of Magic, 2x 3* Yellow Trainer
11 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Minor Healing, 8x Leather Strip 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: 3x Potent Healing, 5x Hardwood Lumber
12 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Minor Mana, 13x Oil 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 3x Mana, 5x Midnight Root
13 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Antidote, 13x String 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Bomb Attack, 8x Hardwood Lumber
14 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Arrow Attack, 5x Crypt Mushroom 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Super Antidote, 8x Midnight Root
15 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Axe Attack, 5x Crystal Shard 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Epic Hero Token, Super Mana
16 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Mana, 5x Firestone 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Super Healing, 4x Meteor Fragments
17 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Axe Attack, 7x Crypt Mushroom 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Revive Scroll, 6x Dragon Bone
18 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Potent Healing, 7x Crystal Shard 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Time Stop, 6x Meteor Fragments
19 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Mana, 7x Firestone 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Tornado, 6x Orichalcum Nugget
20 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: Yunan Avatar, Epic Troop Token, 3* Yellow Trainer 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Rana Avatar, Poison Darts, 4* Yellow Trainer

:no_good_woman: No Special Game Play

Unlike the other Seasonal Events (Springvale, Santa’s Challenge, and Return to Morlovia), Sand Empire doesn’t have a special gameplay mode like the Exploding Eggs, Frozen Tiles, or Exploding Pumpkins.

:sweat_smile: Normal and Advanced Modes

There are two modes for Seasonal Events, Normal and Advanced. You can play either or both, and must complete each stage in that mode to advance.

The modes are separated, a bit like tiers in Challenge Events. Unlike Normal/Hard modes in Atlantis, advancing in the Normal mode won’t give you access to the corresponding Stages in Advanced. You need to beat each stage in each mode to progress.

:no_entry_sign: No Hero Restrictions

Unlike Challenge Events, there are no restrictions on hero or troop rarity in the Normal and Advanced modes. There are also no restrictions on hero Classes, unlike Class Trials.

You’re free to use any heroes you’d like!

:repeat: No Replaying Completed Stages

Unlike Challenge Events, Seasonal Events don’t allow replaying a completed Stage — much like how Quests work.

Once you beat each Stage, it’s locked, and once you beat the entirety of the Seasonal Event, you can’t play any more.

If you fail at a Stage, you can retry as many times as you’d like, up until the Event ends.

:spiral_calendar: Offers Calendar

During Seasonal Events, there is a special calendar with a different offer each day, each available for 24 hours.

The offers are not visible until the start of each day, and show for all players at the same time (for Springvale, they rotated at 00:00 GMT).

Once closed, the Offers Calendar can be accessed by tapping a special icon on the Stronghold screen.

Two of the calendar days also offer free items — typically these are crafting ingredients, and sometimes flasks or tokens.

Typically the offers on Seasonal Event Calendars are varied in price range, and often offer some of the best deals on purchasing particular individual ascension materials and gems. Not all items will be offered, and the quantity available for each item is typically restricted to just 1.

Sand Empire Offers Log

Day :calendar:
Date
:gem:
Gems
:arrow_double_up:
Ascension/Emblem
:dragon_face:
EHT*
:crossed_swords:
ETT*
:champagne:
Flasks
:school_satchel:
Other Items
:hash:
In Stock
:dollar:
Price (USD)
1 24 June 200 Sturdy Shield - - - - 1 $1.99
2 25 June 1000 Mysterious Tonic - - - - 1 $9.99
3 26 June 200 Trap Tools - - - - 1 $1.99
4 27 June 2800 Damascus Blade, Fine Gloves, Sturdy Shield 2 3 1x Titan 4x Orichalcum Nugget, 2x Meteor Fragments 1 $29.99
5 28 June 200 Fine Gloves - - - - 1 $1.99
6 29 June 4700 Farsight Telescope, Compass, Warm Cape 3 2 2x Titan 8x Meteor Fragments, 8x Dragon Bones, 8x Orichalcum Nugget 1 $49.99
7 30 June - - - - - 5x Fine Steel, 1x Dragon Bone, Summon Token 1 FREE
8 1 July 500 50x Sorcerer Emblems, 50x Rogue Emblems - - - - 1 $9.99
9 2 July 200 Warm Cape - - - - 1 $1.99
10 3 July 350 35x Druid Emblems, 35x Monk Emblems - - - - 1 $6.99
11 4 July 2800 Tome of Tactics, Trap Tools, Compass 2 3 1x Titan 4x Dragon Bones, 2x Meteor Fragments 1 $29.99
12 5 July 1000 Poison Darts - - - - 1 $9.99
13 6 July 10000 Royal Tabard, Mystic Rings, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Orb of Magic 5 5 5x Titan 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Dragon Bone, 20x Orichalcum Nugget 1 $99.99
14 7 July - - - - 1x Titan, 1x Raid, 1x World - 1 FREE

* EHT = Epic Hero Token; ETT = Epic Troop Token

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:

seasonal-summons-appearance-rates

:palm_tree: Festive Stronghold

During each of the Seasonal Events, your Base is updated in the spirit of the season.

For Sand Empire, this includes palm trees and coconuts scattered around your Base.

Like with the pumpkins during Return to Morlovia and snowmen during Santa’s Challenge, the coconuts will bounce when tapped.

:ballot_box: Poll

What’s your favorite part of Sand Empire?

• :dizzy: Different Content – I like having something new to play that’s not available all the time
  • :money_mouth_face: The Offer Calendar — I like more opportunities to purchase items and gems
  • :star2: The Ascension Materials – I like getting the Orb and/or Darts
  • :no_mouth: The Avatars – I like getting Yunan and Rana avatars
  • :tada: The Loot – I like the items available for completing Stages other than the avatars and ascension materials
  • :thought_balloon: Something Else – share in the comments below!
  • :expressionless: Nothing – I don’t like anything about Sand Empire
0 voters

For more polls, see the other Sand Empire 2019 threads below!

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Teams, Results (once the event starts), and Ask Questions!

• Many players will switch up their heroes used for each Stage, based on the monster/boss colors — are there heroes you’re using consistently for Sand Empire?

• Are there any Stages you’re having a hard time with, and would like advice on beating?

• Are you using particular items to beat Sand Empire stages?

• Do you have insights on strategy to share, or questions?

• Is there anything about Sand Empire that you’re wondering about?

:superhero: Sand Empire 2019 Hero Threads

:link: Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire

24 Likes

I thought there were beach balls lying around the base during the summer event, and beach balls on the challenge levels?

5 Likes

This is so cool. I wasn’t around last summer. Didn’t know what I missed

5 Likes

Hmm, I looked at some videos from last year, and didn’t notice anything — but perhaps I just missed them. :thinking:

2 Likes

Or maybe my mind is failing me, lol. Wouldn’t be the first time. :grin:

2 Likes

I think I also remember beach balls and umbrellas, but I’m not 100% sure.

4 Likes

Umbrellas sounds familiar too.

1 Like

Sounds interesting… This is going to be my third seasonal event after Christmas and Springvale. Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’re right!

I found some more videos, and there appear to be Palm Trees and Beach Balls at least — not sure why the other video from someone playing through Sand Empire didn’t seem to have any on the Stronghold screen.

I’ll update accordingly!

3 Likes

Sounds like a load of balls to me :rofl:

But yes you could bounce them last year… beach balls several times bigger than the people… what could possibly go wrong? Safer than giant pumpkins though :wink:

7 Likes

Sand doesn’t reflect an element?

Wasn’t in the game last summer so this is a new seasonal event for me. Looks good. Anyone got any tips on the best heroes to play in your lineup? Many thanks in advance

Reflect is only for challenge events, right?

2 Likes

There are so many different things.

@zephyr1, just wanted to say you did a bang-up job summarizing the event. This is the only one I haven’t played yet (joined September 2018), so I’m eager. Plus, I need the yellow trainer heroes for Poseidon and more darts because I still have Onatel and Leonidas who want them. Saving EHTs for a chance at the heroes, too. Yunan would be nice, as I find most of the five-star greens underwhelming, but I see a lot of Arman in three-star raid tournaments, also.

9 Likes

I would expect it to start Monday the 24th…either way, excited for my first Sand Empire

I expected that too, but I double-checked with the Staff, and they reiterated that it was scheduled for Tuesday, June 25 — which surprised me.

Maybe they’ll end up changing it by the time it rolls around.

3 Likes

Maybe starting Tues, to avoid with clashing on the first day of that weekly raid tourney! Heavy server traffic has caused many issues early in raid tourneys

2 Likes

Certainly possible!

The Raid Tournaments have had plenty of issues on their own without adding an additional risk. :laughing:

1 Like

Training Tiburtus as much as I can, so I don’t have to rely on GIll-Ra+16 lol. :wink:

Thanks for the thread, it’s a yellow heavy event it seems, but I wonder if the minions will change some colors…

1 Like