:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
735 710 1367

:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Storm

• Deals 185% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 402 damage over 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -75% healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Cures status ailments from the caster.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Rana?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Rana.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Rana and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is she worth summoning for?

• Would you use her on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Rana Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of her special?

• What do you think of her character design?

• The theme of Sand Empire heroes is non-dispellable healing reductions. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Rana?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.96% chance of summoning Rana.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 26 times out of 100, you’ll get Rana by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Rana by pull 1000 (260,000 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Rana by pull 1530 (397,800 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 74 out of every 100 people won’t get Rana by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 740,000 of those players wouldn’t get Rana
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Rana by the 1000th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 1000 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Rana

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Rana’s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Rana.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Rana.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Rana from a previous Sand Empire?

• Yes, I have Rana already from a past Sand Empire
  • No, I tried to get Rana previously, but didn’t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Sand Empire last year, but didn’t try for Rana
  • No, I wasn’t playing during the last Sand Empire
0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Rana this Sand Empire?

• Yes, I want to try to get Rana this Sand Empire
  • No, I already have Rana, and don’t want to try for another
  • No, I’m not interested in Rana, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds
0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Rana’s usefulness?

• I think Rana is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Rana is above average
  • I think Rana is very average
  • I think Rana is below average
  • I think Rana is one of the very worst heroes
0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Rana’s design?

• Rana is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Rana is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • I’m indifferent to Rana’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way
0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Sand Empire 2019: 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

Older Threads Discussing Rana

Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire

2 Likes

I really like the way Rana looks and the special set is well balanced. Plus I love the regular numbers. Could b another great yellow tank. Right up there with Delilah and Onatel. I’ll give it a go for Rana absolutely. Thanks for putting this out there too and if I might compliment the usage of polls too. Bravo! :wave::wave::wave:

2 Likes

I like Rana. Use her often. She’s classy. Though I don’t like the statue design.

1 Like

I assume they’re all supposed to be chess pieces, more or less. (The big purple one with the castle on his back is the rook…)

Properly timed, Rana could be devastating in Field Aid wars.

2 Likes

I have her from last year, but haven’t leveled her yet. When I got her, I didn’t have the mats. By the time I got the mats, I had Delilah ready for them. Then I picked up Drake, Joon, Oatmeal and Poseidon, so poor Rana is still waiting her turn. I do intend to level her after I finish Poseidon though.

I’ve used her mini me, Arman, in wars, rare events, and 3* tournaments, and I really like his special

1 Like

This is my first Seasonal event against her. I love her design and special is killer, those DOTs are nice!

I’m assuming it comes out this week, any official date listed yet?

The Staff have said Tuesday, June 25 — with the usual caveat that it’s subject to change.

2 Likes

Sand empire was the first event I was able to complete. I wore my Rams avatar with pride. I didn’t do any pulls back then but will do some pulls this time. That was during my f2p era.

1 Like

Definitely interested in having Rana on my bench, it would be a bit before she got her very own darts. I remain hopeful that I will get Inari some day (purely for the fun factor).

Agree, the statues are just weird. Give them some color!

No Rana for me unfortuately. I only have Leonidas as yellow 5+, so I was hoping for her or Ranvir.
All sand heroes are nice against the most anoying mechanic (field aid), so Rana would definitely see some use in wars and against titans.

1 Like

Normal hero, nothing great nothing bad.

Not as good as Drake for all, not as Guin in defence, not as funny as Onatel.

You drop her? Duh, ok

Just pulled her, gafar, arman and hisans with tokens. Used all 36. I have all vampires, well ate 3 vlads and a Valeria, but still have Victor and 2 Vals. Idk if I’ll even do any Xmas chase pulls.

What is a good synergy team for her? Please don’t say mono.

Impressive. How many pulls?

Just got Rana on first pull…lol

2 Likes

Me too.

But with Delilah and Ranvir at 3.70, and already having a maxed and emblemed Guinevere, sounding like a luxury problem.

Btw, I tried Arman and Hisan and failed.

Hey Rider!!! Congrats and hope all has been well with you :smile:

Landed her, but I wasn’t cool like you and got her with tokens. Did 4 x 10 and landed Yunan, Rana, a couple gaffar, arams, and hisans. No Jabbar though :frowning:

3 Likes

Actually, you missed the worst of them.

3 Likes

lul! not even tourney worthy?

Probably there are better options than Jabbar.

Yunan is a superb tank (the best green tank by far), Rana is a great all-around hero (I got her, I’m only with the trilemma between her, Delilah and Ranvir). Gafar is a good purple sniper (and his -100% healing is awesome). Arman is a nice utility 3* hero and Hisan is arguably the best overall 3* hero in the game.

1 Like