:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
531 690 1323

:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Gale

• Deals 235% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 172 damage over 4 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -75% healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Dispels status ailments from the caster.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Jabbar?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Jabbar.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Jabbar and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Jabbar Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of Sand Empire heroes is non-dispellable healing reductions. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Jabbar?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 14.9% chance of summoning Jabbar.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 80 times out of 100, you’ll get Jabbar by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Jabbar by pull 185 (48,300 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Jabbar by pull 285 (74,300 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 20 out of every 100 people won’t get Jabbar by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 200,000 of those players wouldn’t get Jabbar
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Jabbar by the 185th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 185 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Jabbar

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Jabbar’s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Jabbar.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Jabbar.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Jabbar from a previous Sand Empire?

• Yes, I have Jabbar already from a past Sand Empire
  • No, I tried to get Jabbar previously, but didn’t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Sand Empire last year, but didn’t try for Jabbar
  • No, I wasn’t playing during the last Sand Empire

0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Jabbar this Sand Empire?

• Yes, I want to try to get Jabbar this Sand Empire
  • No, I already have Jabbar, and don’t want to try for another
  • No, I’m not interested in Jabbar, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds

0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Jabbar’s usefulness?

• I think Jabbar is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Jabbar is above average
  • I think Jabbar is very average
  • I think Jabbar is below average
  • I think Jabbar is one of the very worst heroes

0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Jabbar’s design?

• Jabbar is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Jabbar is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • I’m indifferent to Jabbar’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way

0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Sand Empire 2019: 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

Older Threads Discussing Jabbar

Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire

2 Likes

He’s a decent tank if you’ve got nobody better. His damage output is pretty poor, the -healing can be helpful at times.

Last summer event I wanted Rana, Yunan and/or Gafar… I got Jabbar, Hisan and Arman :man_shrugging:

Never leveled Jabbar, I was going to but got Rigard then Sabina then Merlin then Proteus… So he is still unleveled.

2 Likes

I got Jabbar & Armir from the event and am underwhelmed. I guess I’ll keep them. Jabbar might be good in war against field aid or something like that, but I don’t see me using him very often.
Gaffar would have been better because of his high attack stat, but I guess most 4* are pretty useless once you have a decent war roster.
I was mostly hoping for the hotm Ranvir (didn’t get him :disappointed:), so I would have summoned anyway.

Got him last year, leveled him but didn’t use him even once.
He needs a buff.

1 Like

Useless.

Nothing else to add.

1 Like

1323 HP for a 4* is insane. I guess he should be a good tank in raid tournaments limited to 4*.

No even in tournaments he is of any value. His attack is too low to be a good tank, and the anti healing nerf is not reallystrong enough to help.
So, no - not even a niche for him.

Dammit, now I’m sure this game is trying to mock me.
Got an extra EHT from an elemental chest, which yielded a second Jabbar.
He and Arman are the worst heroes from the event and I now got 2 of each and nothing else.

I’ve got Jabar and Arman last year my first event 4* hero Once mistakenly go with my 4th team in war (2600 rainbow which includes Jabbar and Arman not fully leveled) instead my main or reserve (~3500/3300 at time) versus a team 3500 with only 3 healers left and field aid (of course). Аfter long battle I emerged victorious thanks to the antihealing specials of the two. Every time I use them in wars with healing special, every time it pays off. This wear I’m hoping for 5* Sand empire hero or even 2nd Jabbar

2 Likes

New thread is live as part of the ongoing #hero_cards :slight_smile:

Continue your discussions here: 🌴 Jabbar - 4* Dark/Purple from Sand Empire