Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
540 391 608

:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Breeze

• Deals 280% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 104 damage over 4 turns.
  • The target gets -100% increase for any healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Dispels status ailments from the caster.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Hisan?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Hisan.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Hisan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Hisan Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of Sand Empire heroes is non-dispellable healing reductions. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Hisan?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 33.5% chance of summoning Hisan.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 80 times out of 100, you’ll get Hisan by pull 40 (10,400 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Hisan by pull 74 (19,400 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Hisan by pull 113 (29,500 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 20 out of every 100 people won’t get Hisan by the 40th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 40 times, 200,000 of those players wouldn’t get Hisan
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Hisan by the 74th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 74 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Hisan

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Hisan’s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Hisan.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Hisan.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Hisan from a previous Sand Empire?

• Yes, I have Hisan already from a past Sand Empire
  • No, I tried to get Hisan previously, but didn’t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Sand Empire last year, but didn’t try for Hisan
  • No, I wasn’t playing during the last Sand Empire

0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Hisan this Sand Empire?

• Yes, I want to try to get Hisan this Sand Empire
  • No, I already have Hisan, and don’t want to try for another
  • No, I’m not interested in Hisan, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds

0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Hisan’s usefulness?

• I think Hisan is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Hisan is above average
  • I think Hisan is very average
  • I think Hisan is below average
  • I think Hisan is one of the very worst heroes

0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Hisan’s design?

• Hisan is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Hisan is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • I’m indifferent to Hisan’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way

0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Sand Empire 2019: 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

Older Threads Discussing Hisan

Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire

4 Likes

I learned that Hisan means horse in Arabic, not whore thanks to @Jedon. Not there’s an old reference I doubt many will remember. Also, it may have been in APL so that limits even more people. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I am intersted to see that rich dude who will be spending 26k gems to get a 3☆ hero!
Oh and want to see his face when his poor soul get only Rana and Yunan but not the beloved most desired :horse: … Hisan :horse: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m glad you pointed that out, I somehow put the gem count for 103 pulls instead, it’s actually even worse at 29,500 :laughing:

2 Likes

Rofl 29.5k gems for a horse.
20 rich GL s

2 Likes

Or more! There’s still an expected 1% chance that you wouldn’t get Hisan by that point.

3 Likes

I can totally c how Hisan would b a great addition to a team of all Rares on events and challenges that r class specific and I will say the special is nice but the shield number is too low for me. I know that if every hero were perfect the game would b a tad boring but I just wouldn’t actively seek Hisan. If I got him though I’d surely keep him!

1 Like

He’s a fast sniper with a high attack, so he lacks sturdiness in exchange for strength.

He actually shares his stats with Rudolph, who has the exact same 540/391/608 stat line, and he compares slightly favorably (for stats alone) to Squire Wabbit, who’s 538/382/608.

3 Likes

Would also say thanks to @zephyr1 for doing these topics on what people’s opinions r. And again did the poll formatting too

5 Likes

I do have Hisan and love him, I use him in every rare event (except green reflect) and every rare tournament now.
I think Hisan belongs to the very best in 3*s.

4 Likes

I wasn’t playing last year during Sand Empire. I will use all my EHTs to see what I can pull. Presently, that’s only seven. :laughing:

I did pull Muggy last Atlantis. I’m wondering if Muggy and Hisan could be a pretty potent duo in rare events. In fact, what about Hisan, Muggy, Brienne, Belith, and your favorite fifth green rare are a rare green mono team? Huge attack, Brienne’s boost, and Belith’s healing. On paper (pixels) it looks pretty good to me.

3 Likes

Want.

20 copies of Peter Shaffer’s Equus

2 Likes

had him from last year but never bothered of leveling him, guess i will change my mind now and level him up

2 Likes

Compared to Arman, Hisan is better. High attack stat for events and fast mana. That said I don’t think trying to summon any 3* is worth it. Nice if you get him, but it’s more of a consolation price if you don’t get the 5*s.

Probably the best hero among sand cards on his weight.

Even 3 of him would be cool to upgrade, do not feed them.

3 Likes

Just for statistics sake and rng lol. I had 16 EHTs. Used them all. Got one Hisan and 2 Armans. :scream:

that’s not making me positive thinking as I am going to use my 15 EHT’s

1 Like

FYI - I just used 25 EHT between 2 accounts.

Sand Heroes - 5 - Arman (x2), Hisan (x2) and Jabar
4* Heroes - 8 - Skittleskull, Tiburtus, Kiril, Little John(x2) , Wu Kong, Li Xiu and Rigard
3* Heroes - 12 feeders
and a Bonus Draw of Ravnir

2 Likes

Well at least you got Ravir. I got a 5* yellow but was not what i wanted… Still good tho.

1 Like

I pulled 5 hisans off tokens, how many should I keep? 3?