Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
477 418 712

:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Breeze

• Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 92 damage over 4 turns.
  • All enemies get -50% increase for any healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Dispels status ailments from the caster.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Arman?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Arman.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Arman and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Arman Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of Sand Empire heroes is non-dispellable healing reductions. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Arman?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 33.5% chance of summoning Arman.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 80 times out of 100, you’ll get Arman by pull 40 (10,400 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Arman by pull 74 (19,400 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Arman by pull 113 (29,500 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 20 out of every 100 people won’t get Arman by the 40th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 40 times, 200,000 of those players wouldn’t get Arman
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Arman by the 74th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 74 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Arman

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Arman’s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Arman.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Arman.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Arman from a previous Sand Empire?

• Yes, I have Arman already from a past Sand Empire
  • No, I tried to get Arman previously, but didn’t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Sand Empire last year, but didn’t try for Arman
  • No, I wasn’t playing during the last Sand Empire

0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Arman this Sand Empire?

• Yes, I want to try to get Arman this Sand Empire
  • No, I already have Arman, and don’t want to try for another
  • No, I’m not interested in Arman, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds

0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Arman’s usefulness?

• I think Arman is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Arman is above average
  • I think Arman is very average
  • I think Arman is below average
  • I think Arman is one of the very worst heroes

0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Arman’s design?

• Arman is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Arman is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • I’m indifferent to Arman’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way

0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Sand Empire 2019: 🌴 Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

Older Threads Discussing Arman

Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire

2 Likes

I have Arman from last summer event, but actually don’t like him that much. Mainly due to his mana speed I think. Actually never leveled him, still 1^1 :neutral_face:

@DotCom Sadly to say I am in the same boat… I did attempt to level him due to fast mana Raid tournament… but other than that I feel no connection.

Only reason I didn’t feed him since a year ago is because he was the only sand hero I got :grimacing:

1 Like

As others have said, he’s useful for 3* limited fast tournaments. Also he can be handy for field aid wars if you are using 3* heroes there, with his healing reduction on all enemies. Otherwise I’d pick Melia over him as a yellow AoE 3* hero if that’s what I needed.
All in all, he’s not bad, but I think he’s only situationally useful for a longterm player. More useful for newer players who still have a limited bench and aren’t spending much.

1 Like

He’s sort of a baby version of Yunan, but he’s not quite as tanky in stats relative to other 3* as Yunan is for a 5*. Kailani beats him on defense and HP, for example.

But in light of the recent insights about Raid Defense Performance of Yunan, I imagine Arman would make a decent tank in a 3* Raid Tournament, especially one that dropped purple and/or had Rush Attack.

2 Likes

The only time I’ve ever used him was in the very fast 3* raid tourney. He was my tank on defense and I used him a lot on offense and placed very well.

2 Likes

It is fascinating how the Rush Attack tournaments flip the meta. I am considering leveling one just for this purpose, assuming I pull one.

5 Likes

Well so much for very fast 3* raid tournament. Lol
Only yesterday I was saying how useful he could be and now he’s prohibited :pensive:

3 Likes

I already got Arman last year but was stupidly fed him away. Even though he’s not that good because of his slow mana, I think he’s decent enough to keep. Now with the “rush attack” raid I think he’s worth leveling.

I used all my 18 EHT in this event in hope of Ranvir, but only got Arman and Jabbar. Kind of a waste, but what can you expect? Well maybe I can still grab something better, but I won’t get my hopes up

2 Likes

I recently got him while summoning with my eht. Got him by mistake, wasn’t gambling exactly for him, though :wink:

I really think, tournaments with “very fast” speed will be nice with him. I don’t have any real bummers in yellow at the moment, so I think I’m going to max him and try him out.

Better having Melia then him, and Bane/Gan Ju still are good.

If you want to upgrade him for very fast 3* dark limited tournament… ok.

Quite niche… no?

Of course, you are right.
But nevertheless I like having/collecting special heroes, why not leveling him? Bane and Melia are maxed on my roster, I really dislike Gan Ju. So… Why not?

2 Likes

Burned through 9 EHTs today. Hoping for Gafar and/or Yunan, but was at least determined to be content with seasonal three-stars, my first-ever seasonals. Got Hisan and two Armans. There is no realistic use for two for a fairly seasoned player, is there?

Two Armans, no, don’t see a realistic use either. I most probably won’t level up even the first (also got two). Guess we would have both preferred getting two Hisans instead…

Just got Arman while trying for any other Sand hero (of course). I’m at the point where a 3* is only useful for raid tournaments or challenge events. We’ll see if he can help me there. As said by others he may have a use for Rush Attack tourneys but that’s probably about it.

Came here looking for this exact Q&A.

I got four Armans after a bunch of EHTs and maxed one for Rush Attack Raid Tournaments. But I just can’t see the usefulness of multiples. On offense they’d charge SS at the same time and if you stagger firing their SS to maximize the healing block then you waste the DOT that overwrites.

5 Likes

@Webangel Congrats! But did you get Arman? :eyes:

3 Likes

Oui aussi l année dernière.

I have Arman since last year.

Speaking in terms of 3*, I think he is a very useful, solid hero, back then I had no worthy purples, so he and Bane worked together for a long time basically everywhere.

I still use him in AW for yellow color stacking, he also helps to keep healers at bay.

I’ve got a few more this year, so I still have to decide whether I level up additional one(s) or just feed them up to someone else.

Cookie Settings