Sanctuary of Gargolyes Challenge Event - Feedback / Balance discussion

I’ll give it a go and will report back!

2 Likes

I’ll chime in again with what I’ve said elsewhere, re: increased difficulty — some people find the new events challenging-but-interesting, quite a few people find it challenging-but-boring or challenging-but-frustrating, but my stance is

harder events should have better rewards

Gargoyles is, for anyone not already sporting a top-powered roster, pretty arguably straight-up harder than, say, Starfall Circus yet offers the same rewards.

(And don’t get me started again on the Alliance Quest, which is also straight-up harder than any challenge event except perhaps Gargoyles, yet offers nearly no rewards, at least for almost everyone outside to top 1000 or even 100.)

3 Likes

Well said. Especially the CoK quests. I´ve begun to be quite selective with what I spend my ingame time on, and things such as CoK and Towers are a pass for me. If you cannot be at the top, it´s not worth it; not worth your time, nor worth the required battle items and not worth the sheer frustration it brings with it.

4 Likes

If it’s any consolation, rewards are atrocious even inside the top 1000. I will never, ever try to make the top 1000 again. Even if my life depended on it. Just let me go into that sweet, sweet night with a smile on my face. :joy:

4 Likes

Is this event in very fast mana for the damn Gargoyles ? 5-6 shields hitting them and they charge.
Irritating.

2 Likes

Not a big fan of the last level, all+20 and two LB heroes in Legendary and one still dies if Goshek and Gaillard fire in the same round assuming my heroes are full health. Three to four if they were already hurt.

Feels like overkill, less of a pleasant albeit difficult challenge and more of an annoying chore.

I have the heroes to complete reasonably, but newer/mid-level players could easily get stymied and then frustrated.

2 Likes

I used motega… Don’t recall the others… But i think motega and his permanent blind is what saved me.

1 Like

Nice, don’t have Motega, wish I did, have some heroes that would love his company. Saving heroes from Gosek is key, however it gets done.

My special hero turned out to be Quintin, set him on one, then fire the other hitters and a diamond (yes, worked to set it up), that killed one (Gosek) giving a ghosting lane and a chance to set it up again for Gaillard.

Completely agree with this statement.

3 Likes

Same. I just completed those, then ignored them when replaying… not a lot of fun, and also not very fruitful for improving my score

2 Likes

I replayed many different levels but saw very few of the treasure chest enemies that drop coins. I would like to see he frequency of these enemies increased to reward those players that keep playing.

1 Like