📯 Salmon Loki – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Dark/ Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Releasing: Salmon Loki!

Salmon Loki

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Druid
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Niflheim
Image Aether Power Description
bulwark Bulwark At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% defense, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Trickster’s Transformation
  • Deals 250% damage to all holy Enemies
  • For 3 turns, the element of all enemies is changed each turn. On the first 2 turns, the element is random
  • On the last turn, enemies revert to their original element.
  • After each element change, enemies take 528 damage if their element is Holy.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2022

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Salmon Loki from the last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design, only wording of the special skill.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Salmon Loki?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Salmon Loki.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Bera and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Salmon Loki worth summoning for?

• Would you use Salmon Loki on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Salmon Loki?

• What heroes would you take when facing Salmon Loki as an opponent?

• Would you give Salmon Loki Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Salmon Loki’s special?

• What do you think of Salmon Loki’s character design?

• If you Summoned Salmon Loki and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Salmon Loki, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Salmon Loki when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Salmon Loki, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Salmon Loki (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Salmon Loki), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Bera.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Salmon Loki by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Salmon Loki by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Salmon Loki by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Salmon Loki by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Salmon Loki by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Salmon Loki by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Salmon Loki by the 100th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Salmon Loki.

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Salmon Loki by the 2073rd pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $5,805.92 USD to summon 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Salmon Loki.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Salmon Loki (post release)

:question: Is Salmon Loki worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Salmon Loki would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Salmon Loki’s Primary Purpose is?

• Elemental Changer
  • Primary Damage Dealer
  • Supporting Damage Dealer
  • Uhhhh he does wot?

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Salmon Loki compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Salmon Loki’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Salmon Loki worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Salmon Loki is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Salmon Loki is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

the best of this fish is to be grilled fish.
I don’t understand why the $&G staff made a hero like this.
i will try to catch odin. but I already know the end result. I will get this clown fish. Fak

18 Likes

i am very disappointed to see him released like this.

the majority of the feedback in the beta was negative on his current version and had many simple, great ideas to make him better.

too bad the feedback got ignored…

he is probably the worst s3 5*

16 Likes

So…who owns the salmon now?

1 Like

Unfortunately, Salmon Loki is now live in the game

5 Likes

Reading it stats, this fish is trash hero

4 Likes

But of course SG had to go in and change Salmon from what would’ve been a fun and troll-ish hero to something that is just so utterly neutered it isn’t even funny anymore. Blah.

10 Likes

Congratulations, you have been tricked.

15 Likes

I heard Salmon Loki is rendered useless against Cast Iron Chef…

9 Likes

Quick make a youtube video how it special works

Indeed I have, and unfortunately trickster fish is more like trash fish in its current state lol…

Can’t be too angry though, got him on my very first coin pull so not a huge loss.

It’s basically like G. Chameleon, except much much worse if you can believe it. At least G. Chameleon gives the team two very useful buffs, all this fish will do is frustrate you when used on offense since it could change enemies to potentially the “wrong” color. On defense… eh I dunno, as long as you don’t take yellow his special is completely passive, but I guess I could see a situation for rush where your heroes keep changing color and you can’t charge a single special? Dunno, this version of Salmon is just… blah.

8 Likes

Having such a useless hero as featured, or in the pool at all, has made me not pull just to avoid him. Was looking forward to a few pulls for bera / lord Loki…

Like the insanely bad odds aren’t enough - imagine a poor soul dropping a few hundred bucks, having the excitement of pulling a 5* if you’re lucky, then getting this dude…very very expensive way to get a screenshot of a purple fish.

11 Likes

what can be this fish be uesd for??

1 Like

As a pet in your aquarium.

13 Likes

What he means is probably the visual and the sound of the special. Eventhough it’s a trashy Hero, but we are just curious to see the visual lol

To fill your bench like forever… Until they change it but it’s unlikely to happen.

3 Likes

It doesn’t even feel like it’s a hero. Just a regular fish. Bah, 50 pulls and all feeders, couldn’t even get this fish as a consolation prize. A hero whose purpose is to be mounted on a wall

3 Likes

Agree with u…
We spend hundreds of dollars and in the end you get this FISH. you will end up with high blood pressure and on the other hand. $&G staff will laugh after getting our money and they buy salmon ( REAL SALMON FISH ) which is good for their health!!!

5 Likes

Honestly I laughed a little when I got the fish. First coin pull = fish, so needless to say everything after that was just super expensive feeders and/or hot garbage. Sure sets the tone don’t it.

6 Likes