Sadly, I was right about the Alchemy Lab not being useable for transmuting things

The Alchemy Lab was a waste of resources for me. Please update this building to be more efficient and the transmutations to require less resources

1 Like

I sadly have to agree that the Alchemy Lab in its current state is useless and totally overpriced.

I finally managed to lvl the Lab to 3 and unlock the third recipe, thinking i could transmute my thousands of training manuals and practice swords into backpacks and rugged clothes when i noticed, that all four of those materials are of common qulity
d’oh!

My two cents on it: not worth the amont of time and resources you have to invest. better off with forges. also that the later recipies cost additional gems is ludicrus and greedy.

Solution: change the recipies so you can choose which material you want transmute into and make one where you can mutate common mats into other common mats and remove the gem requirement. its expensive enough as it is
consider that you have to upgrade your iron and food storage to a high level to even upgrade the alchemy lab in the first place which takes weeks and months.
the reward for investing all those resources and time (and most likely VIP time) into this building has to be very satisfying in the end and not feel like a ripoff.

3 Likes

I wanted to do the same thing. Good to Read that it’s not possible like this.
Or is there a later level where you can spent those manuals and swords?

Maxed it, researched it, turned it back into a forge

3 Likes

I’ve got it going but too dang expensive for what you get

2 Likes

I had nothing to build (before SH24 came) so I finally built complete AL and did a research on lvl10 that just ended.
Now I’m supposed to throw in 250 hard earned gems (I won’t even mention the hams needed) and wait 7 days for a gamble on outcome.
What a waste of 3 mil hams and 2 weeks on research. Call me an idiot

Stupid as I am, I might even try it if I could choose the resulting item. But this way, no way

Also, 15 years ago Horadric Cube did all of the transmutations instantly

This is a joke. A bad one

@Salonitanicus AL will be improved, we can see the beta beat info here:
:test_tube: Early Information on IMPROVED Alchemy Lab [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

1 Like

Yeah, I just saw that one.
2 for 1 4-stars? Nope

I’ll probably only do 3-star farmables to non-farmables

Eh to each their own. I suggest reading some threads about recruit stocking if you need the advanced houses though

It would be very useful to have recipes that always give the same result. Producing random stuff isn’t very helpful.

You (probably) won’t get a response. That person posted their message over 2 years ago

There are such recipes. You can’t get the input items as an output, so you just have to combine all the items or materials except the ones you want and you’ll receive them after transmutation.

For instance, if you put a turtle banner, a bear banner, a mana potion and a potent healing potion into “Uncommon battle item” (recipe 8), you’ll be guaranteed an axe attack.

4 Likes

Thanks, great point!

1 Like

You are most welcome!

1 Like

Yeah, I use the Common Ascension Material exchange to kick out eight guaranteed backpacks a day. The three materials you combine to get them are ridiculously common–I have 5000+ of each.

3 Likes

I just max ascended Ariel for free using junk I had laying around. I’m not seeing the downside :thinking:

What about Strong Rope to make uncommon heroes in the academy?

2 Likes

It really depends on how a player maintains the building and what they’re expecting tbh never thought about leveling the AL until a mate showed me their results

You can make them using level 6(A), uncommon ascension items (2*).