Sabina vs Rigard . Lacking resources

Rigard. A great healer. Has tank statistics in the sphere of epic heroes.

2 Likes

Have both maxed and with emblemsā€¦ But plan to take Sabina to node 18 but for cleric emblems my first choice would be Hanselā€¦ a really game change hero, the best *4 green in game imhoā€¦

Now I must say that the right answer to your question is: depends on your priorities , if raiding is not a priority for you it makes no much sense to chose Rigard, if your priorities are titans and events the best choice is Sabina, since clean options could be provided by antidotes, but there is no items that provide debuff the opponentsā€¦ But there is another issue about Sabina I really like: her attack stats, very useful on titans and any purple stack situation, Sabina even is a healer has the highest attack stat of any of the purple *4 regular you can get from TC20 or TC13ā€¦

Of course Rigard could be arguably the most solid dedicated *4 healer in game but u can also consider at 3.60 he actually has higher defense stats than a maxed Sabina, so he has pretty balanced stats at 3.60 and could provide his healing and cleaning if his skill is 8/8 at this levelā€¦ Since many players consider Titans the No. 1 priority in game since it is the most reliable and frequent source of AM, maxing Sabina could be a good option for your considerationā€¦

2 Likes

Rigard was my 1st healer in the game. He was part of my raid/AW def. Now, I have Kunchen but I still use Rigard in AW / 4* Raid tournaments / epic events. He is so usefull in every part of the game.

2 Likes

I made the decision to keep sabina at 3/60 and then level up rigard to 3/60 too

Then id be able to compareā€¦ there is no rush i think.

thanks for your replies

7 Likes

Maybe against the grain but thatā€™s me ;-). A vote for Sabina, saved me so many times. My first 4* and still my main healer. love her. Have her full maxed with +18

2 Likes

Rigardā€¦ But always keep healers until your teams are full You can upgrade to 5* healers, but it seems that there are so few. I am 3 months in and I have 3 of him. Mistakenly got rid of Sabina. Iā€™m definitely not a top player yet but Iā€™m trying to get up there.

I have three of him (only one leveled up), I also have Kiril leveled up and working on Boldtusk. I have a couple of rainbows of 5*s plus some, but getting one of them as a healer seems close to impossible.

Iā€™ve played against all of them and Rigard gave me the most trouble.

What made it harder were the teams with two healers. Any experienced folks can comment on that?

1 Like

Look Bro , i couldnt wait i needed more power in my team . I would Ascend Rigard too that is a fact.
So Sabina becomes now my first *4 to reach 4/x

Regards!

3 Likes

This is very true. I have melendor at +20 and a L11 mana troop and he charges at 9 tiles instead of 10. I can get him even lower if I run him with Khagan or Buchan(unlikely though) and it goes to 8 tiles when their skill is up. I am just now enjoying the effects of Rigard as I got him recently in my 17 month timelline. I had played with Mel for a long time. I let Sabina sit since they are roughly the same and before tournaments and trials I didnā€™t need both since I had Kiril as well.

I could fight heroes like GM, Drake, Justice with Mel and win but it is SOOOO much easier with Rigard. Mel is great in certain cases where I know I will need to remove enemy buffs but Rigard helps MUCH more by removing my ailments like blind, DoT from GM and others, attack of Def down, etc. I know you are early on but trust me as someone who had to go through with only Melendor and Kiril for a LONG time you really will like your choice to swap out to Rigard. I would have gotten through things earlier.

It will help you finish the rare quest like the one we have now with Farholme to get you the gloves and tome and the others to get the 4* mats. You can also fight and finish more or all the levels in the events like Wonderland that is coming tomorrow.

In the end its your choice but like I said as someone who went without him, I would love to have had him earlier. I am still in the habit of going with Melendor but I have started taking Rigard and its SOOO much easier like I said. I canā€™t stress that enough. Also as others have already said, he is unique as a S1 4*. He is the ONLY healer that will cleanse which helps your heros stay alive. You can debuff enemies with Caedmon, Sonya, Domitia(3), Melendor, and Sabina plus Belith(3*) and I might have forgot someone. But there is ONLY 1 hero from S1 that does what Rigard does. Vivica does cleanse and give defense up but she is a 5*. I have her and I am going to take her to 4.80 in about a week after shiloh desert gives me the next darts. Even then I will likely use Rigard more with his average mana and at +20 he has great stats.

Swap to him and after that you will have a great healer that you will use forever. You can then go back and finish Sabina or Melendor to have a healer that removes enemy buffs. Out of Sabina and MElendor I prefer Melendor but that is partially sentiment. But I have him at +20 as well and while I can charge him at 9 vs. 10 tiles I still love Rigard. I am leveling a 4* troop for him as well so Rigard can charge faster. They are already at L10 so not too long.

Good luck and play the long game, Rigard you will use forever but Sabina might get benched later though she is useful for a LONG time as well. Its just that right now Rigard is the better choiceā€¦Here is Rigard at +20, look at those stats he is very sturdy and if you donā€™t have Kunchen this is a nice choice instead(not a replacement so donā€™t start blasting meā€¦LOL)

1 Like

Sad part about Rigard is that he came later.
I ended leveling Sabina because she was already at 3/60
However at least i get a purple hiter as tiburtus the Next purple Hero to max will be rigard

First, you donā€™t ā€œupgradeā€ to 5* healers, you will still use the 4* ones forever. You might get Vivica (I have her) but you will still need the others. Even less likely is Ariel, Kunchen, Anzogh, Aeron, etc. But you wonā€™t replace the 4*. Donā€™t ever feed away leveled heroes you wonā€™t get any benefit its better to keep them. With raid tournaments and trials limiting who you can take you will want the variety of heroes and classes.

At 3 months in you have a way to go and a lot to learn. Have you read Copperskyā€™s guide and the other things on 7ddgaming.com? If not they are a huge help.

And for the final point about using 2 healers that you asked about, that is not unusual. I often will use Kirl or BT with one of the main trio (Rig/Mel/Sabina). I have them all max except Sabina who I am finally getting to and she is at 4.40 and should finish this week. Kiril, Mel and Rigard are +20. BT is +3 because I already had started giving emblems to Magni. I am debating resetting Magni until later as I have read that BT above +8 really gets nice. pairing the 2 really helps because Kiril/BT heal but not as much but they do offer a secondary buff. I prefer Kiril but that may be because he was my 2nd 4* after Mel and have used them together forever. He adds the attack and def up whereas BT adds only attack though it is a near 50% increase.

Also look for other synergies like Triton with healers so you increase the healing. He was my 3rd 4* and using him with Kiril and Mel was great. He increases the amount of healing so Kiril heals near the level of Melendor and Melendor heals much much more. Then the Kiril or BT attack buffs can be used and stacked with others like Wu Kong(when you get him you will go to a whole new level of fighting!!!). Just donā€™t get rid of any 4* until you are way way into the game. I generally keep 3 of them. One leveled and 2 dupes. I am going to level more than 1 of a few like BT, Kiril, etc. for wars where they are great. Same with others like maybe Sonya, Caedmon, Rigard, Mel.

Enjoy and always search the forum before making any huge decision like maxing a 5* since the mats are so rare. You donā€™t want to make a mistake with one of them. You can recover from a bad 4* since they donā€™t use tons of mats and the ones they do use are slightly easier to get. Good Luck!!!

Here are Kiril and Melendor +20 and you can see they get to be 5*. Kiril looks like SG designed him that way IMO. Melendor is a beast now with a huge attack stat that is higher than Lianna and with the L11 troop he has over 900 attack stat and his skill goes off with 9 tiles vs. 10. Keep grinding, hope to see your sabina and Rigard soon!!!

3 Likes