S3 ruined gameplay for me and my alliance

While I agree with what you said, I’m not sure it applies to anything I said. :thinking:

I lead a top 500 alliance and walked away from it months ago, but never said anything about that. I have no need for more heroes, but never even said anything about that. What I did say is that the system really has no reward. There isn’t really anything “earned” from the hardworking individual b/c the RNG is made to fail them. That was my point. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

That seems like a falsehood/severe exaggeration. Anyone else top 3000 facing the same?

I can just say that this is about true in a top 100 alliance… and usually not during VF wars as people swap out higher TP heroes for slower, less levelled heroes with more powerful specials

1 Like

Counters to Bera tanks include:

Noor supported by C Rig
Myztero, and to a lesser extent Lady Loki
Uraeus
Grimble
C Gormek, Gobbler
Yellow stack
Skadi (included for completeness, you already mentioned you don’t have her)
Bera (also for completeness)
Gefjon, to a lesser extent. Again included for completeness.
Lord Loki - if he spawns minions for all and not just for himsel?

Freya is similar but without Myztero/lady Loki in the mix

2 Likes

We are presently ranked 757 and our war opponents have 2 defences of 4.3k

So no, it’s not true :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you sir.

Exactly as I expected.

1 Like

With all due respect… I like you and respect your opinions on here, but there seems to be an extreme disconnect between the reality of regular posters on here who mostly represent the top echelons of players, vs. the crap reality that the rest of us are forced to face on a daily basis. Hence why I no longer post here, because my opinions do not fit in with the typical forum status quo “game is fair and balanced” narrative.

As you can see here, my alliance is no where near top 1000, or even top 10,000…

I have accepted the fact that only “top men” will ever make top leaderboards. I have long made my peace with that.

But to suggest that “oh you can still have fun playing at your own level, just because other people have nicer toys than you, doesn’t mean you still can’t have fun too”…

Oh yes, what fun. These are the kinds of wars I fight these days.

No, not all of my opponents are stronger than us, but most of them are.

4 Likes

@TGW They have 2 “biggies” on there defence but when you add up total TP vs total TP it’s 42,949 vs 40,622

That’s not a massive difference (you are 94.6%) of them.

Even high up we have huge TP unbalance. It’s how one plays the wars that matters.

We are often outgunned on defence as we’ve risen. We still beat them through smart play same as I know your alliance does.

1 Like

Made me check our current war. I don’t do total TP vs total TP usually but my comparison is 4.6K+ on each side.

In this war we are outnumbered 14 to 6 on that front. Currently it’s too close to call and in rush war anything can happen.

[EDIT]

Erase, scrub.

Just me venting again. Waste of time. I’ll find somewhere else to vent.

3 Likes

This is what we see all the time. We win more than we lose for sure, but it is discouraging to newer or small roster players as the get delegated to cleans only. There are way too many alliances in the game for that to happen.

2 Likes

5 Likes

@cheds while I appreciate that you’re trying to give perspective, this is really bad timing. TGW and all our other warring members bar myself and one other were extremely demoralized by this war. We played well, we used our teamwork, we tactically chose opponents, but when you’re going up against defenses way more powerful… yeah

so I would appreciate it if we just drop this. Not what the others in my alliance need to hear right now. perspective can be nice, but timing on the perspective matters too. and frankly none of the others are in the mood for some nice perspective right now, they’re just tired at the moment.

oh and btw, total TP means zilch. they had two uber-powerful defenses that took our 3 biggest hitters 2-3 flags each to crack, generally. that left the weaker members to take on weaker defenses, but their weaker defenses were a hair more powerful than ours.

anyway, I’m not looking to debate you, I doubt either of us can convince the other to change our opinion on this topic… so yeah.

1 Like

Enjoy your newly found free time!

And I mean that sincerely by the way.

1 Like

Come on bro! Let’s hug this out.

A - I’m level 70
B - I’m part of a very competitive family of alliances. We have a top 50 alliance, a near top 100 and a couple in a round the top 1000.
C - I just state facts as I see them. You state your position as a FACT. I just correct it for you.

So calm down a bit. Deep breathing and rub them earlobes. WOSAH…WOSAH

4 Likes

sigh I don’t know why I’m stepping in here, i’m not even a mod and not paid to do this but

@Cheds you give some nice perspective, but frankly you’re just trolling @NotoriousDAD here , he (i assume he) is already upset and your replies frankly aren’t helping, if I were in his shoes I would be raging at you too

also - just because YOUR alliance doesn’t experience this, doesn’t mean other alliances don’t - and experience is subjective. as I said, MY alliance with TGW is pretty demoralized, and no amount of perspective is gonna change that today.

Anyway, I only jumped in cause if I were here posting about what my alliance went through, I would so not be appreciating your replies or perceived tone right now.

not excusing @NotoriousDAD 's reply, but… stop poking someone who is clearly angry.

Gonna mute cause I don’t want to get caught up in this.

5 Likes

@sleepyhead yiu may not see the response but earlier I said we get massively mismatched wars too. We were outgunned this war but still won by about 500. There’s no balance in wars at any level bar the very top…and even then 7DD and the Avengers are probably the only actual equals. Our top 20 alliance thought 7DD a while back and got mullered.

So getting annoyed or upset is counterproductive because we all get it. In a game where no 2 players have the same roster it’s physically impossible to achieve, especially when you bring in a difficulty ladder model as well.

So I feel everyone’s pain in wars…we are getting to our upper limit again and getting better teams than ours and everyone we beat just ups that difficulty level another notch. We are actually proud we punch above our weight. We just know at some point we get knocked out by the sucker punch

2 Likes

You didn’t dump money into a portal?
You are not alone!

Strong alliances can be a burden. Chaining 14* is an excellent resource pool and sometimes… a bit of a chore.
War is no different.

Drop below the paywall
Or…
Rail against it!

I think you are very fortunate! The paywall is a moving target. And it’s about to get higher, again…

You will never been done. Dumping money into portals is an endless loop.
Which makes fighting with what you have the most rewarding venture right now…And more importantly, financially rewarding once you set the game down!
Keep your money!
Because tomorrow the paywall will be higher.

6 Likes

We totally sympathise with you, our alliance and allied alliances feel exactly exactly the same and we have also lost players…

To the other guy who responded here:

Here’s a funny thing, that player who responded by saying "we don’t have to have S3 5stars as ect ect ect BS BS, yeah, we don’t have to have them but you have 5x5* season 3, ofcourse YOU have nothing to complain about, if we don’t have to have them, then why do you have/keep them?

The majority of us ftp,ctp EVEN ptp don’t have a single 5* season 3 hero, it’s such a killjoy and has affected the game making it incredibly frustrating and unenjoyable.

There’s supposed to be a balance, NO I’M NOT ONE FOR NERFING, but balance… If tel and vel were left as they were, players who had them or were in alliances that had them still could do OK and have somewhat fun, but nerfing hero’s into the ground, the player base is then left with nothing but broken hero’s, TRY AS THEY MIGHT pulling for Valhalla and ninjas with results of nothing, we have to constantly face these Valhalla and ninja mobs on repetition, THAT’S WHY TEL AND VEL WERE NERFED, so how can you continue to play when all you face is OP hero’s and the rubbish you have, well, even the good hero’s you may have had are nerfed into the ground.

SG
Quality of life, what a joke, WHAT QUALITY OF LIFE? Costumes for already op hero’s,???
Great, what like spend $200+ with no guarantee whatsoever?
OK, so we DON’T HAVE TO HAVE these new op hero’s, but then we are faced off by these new OP unbalanced mobs while DESPITE many of us pulling 3* dawas and prisca, OH GREAT, atleast you give me yet another 5* Obacan, my 7th which I have fed into HA10 just to be rewarded with YET MORE JUNK after 8 months of trying!

Then, ah, loot drops have become such a joke, honestly

Let’s see what this quality of BS they going to do.

I’m, I know it’s just a game, but as a game, it’s supposed to be fun, with what you have and the team and community you play with, but if everyone is just down, sad, some say they suck, some say oh I wish I had that or a hero even after they themselves have spent alot on the game and still have no hero or mats after months of grafting and spending, man, it’s super shameful, hurtful too, if you have great hero’s, you feel sad for others, if you have sad hero’s, you feel sad just the same especially if you’re in a team.

Yeah, I don’t know anymore, I’m most definitely never spending ever again in this game that’s for sure
Shame man, can you even imagine how bad it must be for ftp players, I mean, what a total joke

5 Likes

Same with me, I finished Valhala, the only hero I got after playing all this season is Ratatoskr, I don’t get a 5* hero since december even doing many pulls, and it’s being very hard to face the top defenses full of S3 and Ninjas, I’m playing for 2 years and my roster is very modest, only some hotm, many S1 heroes, only C. Richard from costume chamber, but no S2 or ninjas… hope my “luck” be different on S4, but I know the percentages aren’t my friend

4 Likes

Maybe this observation will help:

If you’re fighting in the top 100,
Or if you’re fighting in the bronze arena:
The game experience is exactly the same!

When you graduate from a 6* Titan to a 7* the experience doesn’t suddenly change from Space Invaders to Call of Duty.
Same with 14*…
it’s just another in a long line…!

So if you dropped a few hundred bucks.
Remind yourself that’s a lot of money!

And when you face these defenses with pure level 30 mana troops and all the shiny new toys. And get walloped…
You can dust yourself off knowing they spent a fortune! Enough to buy a shiny new car in some cases. And in some others, maybe more…

Enjoy the game experience wherever your at. Spending a fortune doesn’t alter the game. Even if someone spent enough to buy a house:
tomorrow new heroes will come that will be stronger and faster.

Keep your head up.
Walk proudly into battle with your $20 roster, or what have you.
And find the greatest joy at defeating those filthy rich teams every now and then!

Don’t hold your breath for balance.
There’s more costumes incoming
More seasons too…
And those that spent a fortune
Will either spend more…
Or eventually take their lickings too

6 Likes