Rushing to advance Stronghold to level 20 advice needed

Revelate, sorry but sure I understand. What do farms have to do with cups? And hunting = raiding, or something else?

Higher cups = fewer targets to raid for good food supply.

So leveling farms becomes the alternstive.

3 Likes

Thought so, but wasn’t sure. Still, I do press ‘Roll’ quite a bit, don’t target based on food, and I have enough food. So unless you need to roll 30+ times for each attack, I still don’t understand why you’d need more food.

For me it isnt the re-rolls that are the primary ham-sink. Training heros, leveling heros, training troops, crafting materials. Thats what eats all my hammies.

6 Likes

It would be interesting to see what the true bare minimums are past Iron storage 18 and Farm storage 12.

You also need troop storage at least to 100 I think to actually train at TC20, and there’s likely a sweet spot for food and iron where you aren’t always at max capacity - that is one lesson I wish I learned earlier. More food and iron production can only be so useful.

Looks like iron production 5 and food production 7 or so are mentioned here. I’m sure there is math on the troop storage as well.

But like most things it is a balance - what are you sacrificing? I don’t know that I could finish advanced in the challenge events without a craft 18 for time stops. In fact, I know I probably couldn’t clear stage 10 without them. The rewards on advanced for completion are typically worthwhile to someone in our shoes (I am researching legendary training as we speak).

1 Like

I find forges 8 for axe attack are helpful. I start my titan battles with an axe atttack and an arrow attack to let my healers build up mana and my attackers to apply debuffs. At team power 2800 the combination seems to dramatcially increase my damage per alliance energy.

Training camp 13 allows elite training which can store food if you like to hoard food ( Hoarding recruits and food ).

On a side note, many of my alliance fellows recommend leveling at least one training camp alongside your stronghold to prevent the shock of reaching stronghold 20 then having to wait forever to level at least one training camp 20.

1 Like

The benefit of getting the extra buildings at SH20 is important, particularly that fourth TC. Don’t build up buildings you don’t need, like tracking the TC up.

2 Likes

I am in the final 10 hours until my lvl 20 SH is completed. For the past month and a bit all i have been upgrading is Iron storage and SH.

IMO, you should always level your Iron Storage to the Max level you can before lvling your stronghold. For example, I made sure all my IS were level 17 before I started the lvl 18 SH upgrade even though I could have covered the cost of SH17->18 with lvl 16 Iron storages. If you reroll for raiding a lot, this will save you ham, only reason.

Secondly, I am ALWAYS iron capped because there are not enough iron sinks in the game when you have bottlenecked mats to craft with and have gaps of a week where you are upgrading a building… so I found no reason to level my mines past lvl 8… one is still lvl 4.

Farms are lvl 12 as you can always bank extra food.

Food Storage and Houses don’t really need to be leveled much at all. My houses are leveled just enough to be able to meet the 70 recruit needs for lvl 13 training…and wont need to be upgraded until I have a lvl 20 camp. I use a lvl 4 (or 11) training camp to store recruits with extra long/cheap training, and I use lvl 13 camps to store food. Don’t bother wasting time leveling those buildings until after you cap your SH.

That’s my 2c from my exp

I did like this:
I have ugraded Strongholdh and maxed iron storages according to SH (until lvl 18)

I upgraded training camp(s) when eligible to the following key levels: 4, 11, 13 (iirc). Getting the “extremely cheap” training option on all tc’s isn’t mandatory, but very convenient and something you’d want sooner or later anyway. And as others have stated, epic training is good for both training and storing food.

I upgraded (a) forge to key levels: 4, 6, 8, 10, 17.

I got farms to a respectable level (I have taken them to 12/13, and never regret that)

I got food storages to key levels (you’ll need the capacity of 4 @ lvl 12 or so to research epic training). My mines are lvl 12, which is probably well above needed level.

When I got SH 20, I upgraded my fourth food storage to achieve required capacity, while my highest tc was @ 15. Now I’m getting this tc to lvl 20, and it’ll start spewing out 5*'s like there’s now tomorrow in 20 days (including research). :slight_smile: Before this I got my fourth tc to lvl 4.

All in all, you can only rush things so much without missing out on things and some game depth. For instance, I prioritize items for titan battles to make up for my heroes shortcomings, therefore I upgraded forges and farms (food intensive potions). I have had some luck with Tc 13 as well, and have continuously been upgrading heroes since I started playing.

2 Likes

For mines, it depends if you want to stock up on high level battle items - time stop and tornado both require ~100k iron each (give or take a bit each way), so if that’s what you’re wanting to stock up on, you’ll want your mines higher.

2 Likes

All good points. I definitely am missing out on some power by not improving my crafting. I just think it is a small price to pay for faster access to top tier heroes, especially since you get a decent flow of battle items from wanted missions, titans, and quests.

Well Pitguy, this is my personal opinion. I try to keep everything pretty close together. My SH is @ 17, WT @ 16, a farm @ 16, a forge @ 16, iron storages are at 15 & I have 4 of them, food storages are at 14 & 15 & I have 3 of them. I even have an empty building spot, because I don’t need another farm, but I could use another mine, or training camp, however those options are not available to me for some reason. I’d like the choice of what I build, so I don’t understand why there are limits on the buildings, someone feel free to explain it to me, not the time to build & being able to build more than one at a time, but the limits on how many of whatever building we have. I mean if SG allows you to have 5 iron storage buildings, why not 5 mines to fill those units?

because you can shoot yourself in the foot by NOT building enough storage type units - lack of iron storage means you can’t level your stronghold, lack of food storage means you can’t ascend heroes (or research things). Then they have to allow for (and code for and test for) people to demolish buildings and re-build on that spot.

2 Likes

Yup, we all end up withbthe same buildings in the end

2 Likes

So you still didn’t answer me Dante, why can’t I have 5 mines with storage as well as 5 iron storage units? The WT stores Iron as well, so is that the 5th storage? You also can’t have more than 3 food storage buildings all farms store food I know, but why not allow more food buildings? My empty pad hase the capability of only building a farm, but it lists greyed out a training camp & a mine, why not allow me to build what I want on that pad if they list the options of building?

You’ll end up with 5 iron storage and 4 ham storage at the end

1 Like

At each stronghold level, you get a certain set of buildings. You can choose what order of those 4 new buildings but the end result is the same for everyone.

Why? To make it idiot proof…for a mobile game that has complexity in a lot of areas (heroes, troops, leveling, teams, forges and battle items), the devs probably wanted the building to be 100% idiot proof. They made one tiny mistake that allowed people to convert an iron storage into barracks early on, but they fixed that.

3 Likes

I already have 5 iron storage all gathered around my SH. I do have yet to open the last part of the stronghold, so I know there are pads available yet.

You can look up what they will be, 1 is a training camp

Not only idiot proof. But also balance. They didn’t want people with 4 training camps early on

3 Likes