That’s a valid argument for the crafting mats; they are nice to have later in the game when you have the resources to crank out battle items with your forges, but waiting to farm for them later when you will want them makes sense.
For the non-farmable ascension items – the trap tools and royal tabard you get for completing the advanced portion of this quest, or similar items you get for completing rare quests, not so much.
Later in the game, you will have heroes you want to ascend and be waiting weeks or months on materials to do so, especially if you are a cheap/free player, and aren’t buying deals that package those items with gems.
@_John_Doe, Your future self will thank you for completing all of those that you can, even if you have to spend WE trying 2-3 times, or use all the battle items you have to finish them. In general, I would suggest that if you are SURE you can finish a level that will earn one of those items, it is even worth paying 75 gems to continue the level to get them.
The things that even a strategic, pragmatic player like you should go for from this quest are:
- Normal L20 : Epic Troop Token (Your only way to get 4* troops without paying gems/$$$)
- Advanced L10: Trap Tools
- Advanced L15: Epic Hero Token
- Advanced L20: Royal Tabard
You also got a few things that aren’t worth your WE at your stage in the game, but came along for the ride:
- A daily summon token at Normal L10
- Purple trainer heroes at both of the L10 and L20 levels)
- A boatload of crafting ingredients and battle items that would otherwise cost a lot more WE to get.