Round up in wars giving benefit to enemy

The game computer rounds. There are decimal places in these calculations. We do a lot of data and analysis on our Wars. And the rounding errors that are in the counter is not new. This has been going on since the beginning of the wars. This is not a bug.

OK, lets call it dodgy implementation. Then I would like to see the real numbers. As it looks like round up only involved during attack - as still if, for example my team is 50.5 (if it was 50.6 I assume it would be rounded up to 51) there is no way 25.X (or is it 24.9 as 25) + 26.X (or is it 25.9 as 26) gives 50.5. At least I expect official explanation from SG what’s going on behind the curtain as it is not clear how many points left on the field and how many points will be given to enemy. During those 2 wars I’ve talented 2 of my heroes and both times when was killed with 2 attempts (btw, some 2 attempt give correct numbers) and still was “stolen” 1 point. Probably a solution would be to introduce more digits to the team value.

I suggest you count how many points your opponent got from this kind of rounding and compare it with how many points your alliance got from it. Otherwise you cannot claim it is giving benefit to your opponent.

There is a good chance that your alliance is the one who got the benefit.

1 Like

I’ll do proper math next time as now on field some teams are dead and it’s shows only bonus points for them so hard to calculate where this round up occur. But so far as I told multiple times I’ve noticed only on our team those attacks with extra points (I undestand that this is just “luck” that enemy left specific amount of health that is round up this way) and again - not all double attacks on the same team end up with extra point.

Out of curiosity I checked the results of the war that just ended.

Alleance A vs. Alleance B, 27 players on field, for a total of 162 attacks each (sadly B did not use 12 flags)

A was worth 1529 points, B 1528.

Alliance A : roundings happened 26 times, for a total of +27 points*, but did NOT happen 22 times.

Alliance B : happened 26 times, for a total of +26 points, but did NOT 18 times. (with 12 flags left)

In this case not a noticeable benefit to one side or another.

*Funny note. An enemy worth 54 points (36+18) lead to 54 (32+22), 55 (33+22), and even 56 (10+9+2+6+29). And yes, despite the 5 flags per target, we won!

1 Like

Hi, also did some math for the past war but it was a mismatch or really bad board for out enemy as final score was 5966 vs 4822 (victory for us, enemy hasn’t used 6 flags). But here are some stats.

• Flip our board cost 1530

• flip enemy board 1532
    (so here kind of benefit goes to us with each flip - 2 extra points so it gives 6 points in total as we did 3 flips). Then split attacks:

• enemy had 57 split attacks on us with 29 attacks granting additional 30 points.

• we had 49 split attacks with also 29 attacks granting 31 additional points.

So here we got extra 1 point.

Btw, I’ve counted 2 attacks for us that given 2 extra points and enemy did one such attack. So sometimes it can be 2 not only 1 rounding up point .

So in summary due to round up we got advantage of 7 points (6 on board value and 1 in split attacks differences). Last war we lost by 8 points, and we had 2-3 wars that we won by 1-3 points and same amount we lost by 1-3 points. So it can turn the table around. Not sure what are the chances but can happen for sure.

1 Like

Hi,

Another war, another stats:

5873 vs 5418 our victory (all flags used both sides).

Flip value:

• Us - 1530
  • Enemy - 1535.

So here we flipped each other 3 times thus 15 points difference goes to us.

Split attacks:

• Us: 19 out 100 split attacks brought 22 “bonus” points
  • Enemy: 27 out 99 split attacks brought them 34 “bonus points”

Difference here of 12 points goes to enemy. And if it was 2 wars ago were we lost by 8 points this could be major contributing factor. And also spotted 3 extra points for 1 hero.
His board value was 50 points. His “death” was by following attacks: 0+8+3+12+6+24 = 53

Final balance between board value and split attack is 15-12 = 3 to my team favour. But again, split attack round up can cost whole alliance victory.

So would be nice to hear some thoughts from devs.

The loosing alliance tend to get higher split bonus as their attack often fails.

What make me wonder is if the mumber of split attack is almost the same (100 vs 99), how could your alliance won by 400 points?

Isn’t the number of split attacks is the number of how many times a flag do not used for full points?

If an enemy base is attacked 6 times before it got destroyed, how many split does this mean? 1? 5? 6?

I specified here all split attacks even if they were on the same hero. We were more successful in finishing their heroes. And they on the other side spent 22 flags on 2 of our players them (19 of which were split attacks and only 3 were 1 shot kills).

I got your point and also wasn’t sure how to calculate as you can see how many “extra” points you will get only in the end.

So answering your question “If an enemy base is attacked 6 times before it got destroyed, how many split does this mean? 1? 5? 6?” I would say 6 split attacks. I have everything in excel so can reshuffle for example for it to be 1 split attack.

Not 5?

Note that possible extra point come from the occurence of the split (it only occur in a failed attack) not how many times ot got attacked. So if a base is attacked 6 times, there are 5 failed attacks which might create an extra point.

How many extra points generated by those 2 players’s base?

They might generate a lot of extra points but at the same time taking a lot of flags from your opponents…

1 player had 3 split kills and generated 4 points (1+1+2) another one generated 0.

Note that possible extra point come from the occurence of the split (it only occur in a failed attack) not how many times ot got attacked. So if a base is attacked 6 times, there are 5 failed attacks which might create an extra point.

How to count this one (killed once, got 3 points and 6 attacks on him in total to make that one kill)
0+8+3+12+6+24 = 53
Is it last attack that generated those 3 points or 3 attacks generated 1 points, etc…

We just need to come to common denominator - what is split attack:

• is it sum of all hits on the same player ?
  • is it sum of all hits on the same player that didn’t kill him?
  • is it flag that didn’t bring the kill?

So I can adjust that split attack stats. But extra points still are there - just the difference between value of the player on board and sum of points enemy get for killing that player.

Not this one.

Aren’t they the same?

5 split that generate 3 points.

OK, another war and some more stats.
5565 vs 4991 (win for us, 7 flags not used by enemy as it won’t help them)

Flip cost:

• Us - 1532
  • Enemy - 1526
    So here enemy got 18 extra points for flipping us 3 times.

Split attack points:

• 41 points we got from them
  • 30 points they took from us.
    So here we taken 11 points from rounding up.

Final balance: 18-11=7. So 7 points goes to enemy from flip cost.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.