Rotate Screen 180 Degrees / Support Landscape View Mode

I don’t think this would be especially difficult, but can you add a rotate screen option? I use an ipad, and when I plug it in to charge while playing, it damages the plug. Being able to rotate the screen 180 degrees will allow me to charge my iPad while having the plug facing upwards.

Thanks

5 Likes

You can rotate it using your ipad screen rotation,no? Because that what i did with my tablet.

2 Likes

No, on an iPad E&P will not rotate 180 degrees.odd but true. Other apps swivel, but not E&P.

2 Likes

Even if you lock at 180deg?

Yep. Even if I start the app with the iPad rotated 180 and locked, E&P always starts oriented towards the Home button.

1 Like

Oh,okay if that the case. Because with my tablet, if i put on auto rotate, it don’t swivel, but if I locked the screen at 180 first then open EP, it will stay at 180.

1 Like

This gets my support - I have the same issue. Would be nice to be able to play without endangering my charging cord.

@koko Just did a quick sense-check on my iPad Air. Confirmed that even if you close E&P, turn upside down, lock orientation, then re-launch E&P, it will still start ‘upside down’ (oriented to the home button). Definitely would like this fixed for Apple platform.

1 Like

YESYESYESYESYES! I have to sit awkwardly to prevent my cord from bending 90 degrees! Just rotating 90 degrees would be a huge plus!

1 Like

Screen rotation option :
The game screen doesn’t rotate and gives me only a portrait view , especially when I am viewing my base , if a rotate screen to landscape mode can be added , it will very convenient to view and type in the game chat window.

1 Like

yes please please please do this i love this game and i jist had spinal,surgery somi have this thing thst props up my ipad but it only holds it in horizontally so ove been play the game sideways for weeks becasue it does not rotste on the ipad. no matter what i try. tried settings on ipad and in game locked screen everythi g only plays in vertical mode please update or patch or fix whatever needs ti be done plese it is reslly hard to play this gsme sodewats makes your mind go loopy

I would like to bump this feature request. It would be awesome to be able to play Empires & Puzzles in landscape-mode on iPad.

Allowing rotation to landscape-mode by itself would be sufficient to appease me, but using a larger screen would also enable more features.

For example, the chat windows could stay open all the time at the bottom of the screen, etc. And all of the promotions, popups, etc. wouldn’t be as invasive.

I really hope this gets some attention from the developers.

1 Like

Bizarrely, it is already landscape compatible…but you can only force it with split screen mode.

4 Likes

Ah, nice! Thanks for that tip, @JonahTheBard.

I hadn’t thought about trying it in split-screen. You’re a lifesaver.

Edit: Hmmm—It doesn’t seem to want to go into split-screen on my 12.9’’ iPad Pro 2018. What device were you using for testing? I tried both in portrait- and landscape-mode.

2 Likes

It would be great if landscape for iPad was available, split screen in landscape would be a dream! I could play and work simultaneously. As is, when I’m working on my iPad, which is most of the time, I want to be able to just pull up the game (in landscape, which is how my iPad is oriented while I’m working/typing) play and return to work without picking up my iPad and holding it to play.

On Android you can also use the app “Rotation Control” to force landscape.

That’s cool. I might give it a go. Just a normal playstore download?

Yes. The panoramic view of the castle is nice, also the maps. Everything is else is usable but either distorted or has big empty spaces at the side.

1 Like

This has been bothering me for a while. I understand that E&P is a portrait-format game and have no problem with that. But other games that also use portrait format - Best Fiends springs to mind - let you rotate your device 180°, turning it “upside down”. This is much more convenient and more comfortable when you’re charging your device, because you can rest it on your chest/stomach without worrying about crimping/damaging your charger cable.

It seems this restriction is limited to iPhones and iPads, but I happen to have one of each and it’s a pain and a constant worry to play when the device is charging.

I don’t care about landscape mode; I just want to be able to play the game with the charger cable sticking out of the “top” of the device instead of being completely locked in inconvenient mode.

1 Like

Rotation of display screen? Would be a great :+1: possible?

I’ve been told about apps that allow this… it’s somewhere on the forum