🌴 Roc - 5* Holy/ Yellow from Sand Empire

Please consider revisiting this one, besides low end teams nobody uses this, its in need of improvement, way way down on the list of priority yellows. It looked really promising during beta, for such a rare hero, its really underwhelming

3 Likes

With the announcement of Event Heroes are included to receive costumes , Do not neglect Roc who’s been sitting on my bench untouched for almost a year now

2 Likes

You and me both, problem is it isn’t noticed as much on here because not as many people own Roc to complain about it! I just hope the analytics of the devs shows up ownership vs usage etc. I would really like to use it but its just not there at average speed, its a waste of time on this one

1 Like

I concur not much is being asked just a flip of a switch to make this hero Fast would actually be enough and fit in with the forthcoming heroes.
I have made suggestions on a earlier post #158

1 Like

My roc sits at 370 waiting to play…had the makings of a great hero in beta…If they’d return him to fast and add damage he would line up with the Halloween heroes and would get darts ahead of any upcoming yellow hero

4 Likes

Keeping hope and this thread alive. New hero should have been a krampus or Francine equal. So far from it. I mean come on SG you want people to summon for him next time around right? Balance

1 Like

Uraeus

Deals 485% damage to the target.
Damage Bypasses targets Minions
All Enemies who own a minion recieve 315 Sand Damage over 3 turns.
Element Link summons a Nature Minion for all Holyallies with 5% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.

Roc

All enemies receive 306 damage over 3 turns.
All enemies get -50% decrease for any healing received for 2 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Dispels status ailments from all allies.

Uraeus third special is stronger than Roc’s primary :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Ridiculous!

Needs a speed, damage and DoT buff. Or at very least a much better DoT.

When you see other heroes doing what Roc does but better it’s frustrating

2 Likes

Completely agree. I’d love to be able to dust this hero off and actually start using, bags of potential but just nowhere near top tier ready

1 Like

I see Roc now as a victim of a past issue, collateral damage when GTV and their DoT were overwhelming combo. Seemed like SG wanted to avoid having a whole-round stacking DoT defenses with potential to deal 600 dmg per turn (Clarissa + Gravemaker + Vela + Roc).

Unfortunately to Roc, we would never have gotten to that point anyway as that DoT meta was destroyed with many counters to DoT and Telly/Vela changes. Still, Roc remained as below mediocre, sitting forgotten in the corner, next to many other forgotten heroes. We can only keep lobbying for balance changes to those - perhaps with the summer approaching SG will want us to love Roc more to invite some cash into the summer portal.

5 Likes

There are always threads with heroes that arw often used in the top defenses, thats where bera finley frigg and odin stand insanely high.

SG themselves claim to “wisely watch for heroes that overwhelmingly are used, and use balance to give more diversity to the game”

Maybe they should also watch at the bottom of this list. I am very sure that this bottom of all yellow heroes looks something like this:

Number 1: Odin
2. - 23. All other yellows

Then… somewhere in the darkness of the game, they appear:
24. Leonidas
25. Norns
26. Roc
27. Guardian Owl

And i swear to god I encounter even gullinbursti more often than roc… it is such a shame

Whilst I was looking for all yellow heroes i got really angry (look here)…
Except for Guardian owl and roc, almost every… single… one of them has quite goos usabilty, maybe you should put inari in Addition

So… anyways… look at the freaking bottom of the list…

Buff roc… give him healblock of 75% for 4 rounds if you dont want to enhance his damage, but just … do something. For diversity

3 Likes

Lol. Yeah, I’ve seen Gullinbursti from time to time, but haven’t seen Roc A SINGLE TIME yet this year.

2 Likes

Roc has been well a truly benched until E&P pull there Finger out and Buff him already

With the summer event about 3 months away I’d expect a buff for Roc, after all it would boost spending on probably the least desirable of the seasonal portals

I think they have buffed some other seasonal heroes a few months before the events ( Leptus, o’hare and valeria are the ones I remember)

1 Like

I really do hope so.

Sand event legendary heroes are hell of boring because I have the feeling that all those heroes are like one full mana speed class too slow compared to all other seasonal events.

Lets compare:
Sand event:

• roc, average, bad hero
  • rana, average, okay hero
  • yunan, slow, okay hero

Halloween:

• victor, very fast, okay hero
  • vanda, very fast, great hero
  • franciney, fast great hero

Easter:

• lepus, fast, great hero
  • killhare, average, awesome hero
  • roostley, average, okay hero

Christmas:

• krampus, average, awesome hero
  • mothernorth, slow, awesome hero
  • santa, slow, great hero

So a curiosity that almost ALL legendary saisonal heroes are really really good. But sand empire is sitting in the corner, crying.

So, bringing sand empire one speed class up, whilst of course correcting and balancing effects a bit (maybe ranas and yunans sand damage or rocs healblock should be lowered in this case), would make them at least playable.

I am 100% sure that dand empire heroes by far are the least used heroes in pvp offense and defense (if you compare it with all seasonal event heroes)

5 Likes

I maxed him out, as at those times I didn’t have any yellow options (even yellow HotM were evading me). I don’t even remember the last time I used him. Seriously, SG overdid it when they decreased his speed to average AND reduced the damage of his DoT. And yes, it looks like a splash damage from GTV rampage, as it was at that time that there was an outrage against Telluria teams and/or nerfs. Kinda funny when you compare him to S4 heroes … Not even his high stats help him, I prefer to emblem Guardian Kong, as his damage is more instant.

More annoying is that SG’s solution to this will be most likely a costume, so I’ll have to pull him again if I want him to be useful, if even the costume will be useful. Sigh …

2 Likes

What do we have to do for the Devs to take notice of this thread and do something about this seriously under par hero ?

Let’s use commonsense and buff him NOW , whilst all of these s4’s heroes are coming out, he’ll stand half a chance. Any later, say when s5 heroes coming will be a total waste of time .

2 Likes

So balance changes announced for a number of heros in beta with Noor being the newest hero to receive changes , why was Roc left off ???
This is getting beyond joke will he receive his changes when he is completely obsolete???

1 Like

I believe the rebalance is done incrementally.

Roc has been out for almost two years already and hasn’t even been breathed on let alone touched , and this being an Event hero where are the incremental balances here I say ???