šŸŒ“ Roc - 5* Holy/ Yellow from Sand Empire

While leveling heros, I use them farming just to get an idea of them and if I like them or not. Once I get them, 5*, to 3/70, I use them in raids to see how they do and get some idea of some matchups and hero synergy. Just my initial thoughts are something is missing with Roc. I could name a couple others but not the thread to do that. As for Roc, fast or something else with a special would be great. Reflect purple would be a great addition.

Roc+20 wing & Heimdall+20 tank

@ fast Roc would have been nice

1 Like

Thank you @Olmor. I appreciate your youtube videosā€¦super helpful!

1 Like

Hello Rihkar! My apologies for such an untimely reply my friend. I appreciate your insight, I did after all, choose Poseidon over Roc. My next choice is Roc or Melosi. I dig Melosi and his fast mana for sure! Take care! And thanks again!

I had high hopes for Roc , being that I used him in beta and he was Awesome!!! I pulled him in Sand empire Challenge but since then Iā€™ve been very much disappointed how underwhelming he is at Average mana.
Whatā€™s the point of making a New Event hero ,thatā€™s weaker than itā€™s predecessors, which coincidentally need a Buff !??? No Direct Damage, and a disappointing DoT ? Why oh why did SGG steeraway from the meta on Roc by not giving him direct damage

Recommendations option 1
Reinstate his buff to fast and leave as he is .

Option 2

Keep him at Avg mana improve his DoT ,
And give him direct damage no less than 170% - 200%

Option 3

Keep at Avg implement direct damage &
have an increasing DoT .

Until his Buff Iā€™ll use him as a glorified cleaners rather than an AoE, DoT .

4 Likes

I created a topic a few days ago Roc need a buff
I suggested similar improvements

1 Like

Roc is basically an average mana Arman without the benefit of instant damage

1 Like

Not enough people have him to cause a stir of the magnitude we saw with Telluria. The fact of the matter is heā€™ll pop up once a year and Sgg can live with the cash lost on Sand empire as it doesnā€™t make a dent in their pockets .
Instead of fixing the problem weā€™re given shiny new heros like dangling carrots that we inevitably fall for everytime .
Rocā€™s def stats at 20 emblems are nearly as good as Telluriaā€™s, and he could play a viable Tank , but who will max him past 3/70 without some kind of buff, let alone put 20 emblems on him ??? Officially Roc has joined the ranks of duds and will be benched in many rosters until the innate thinking of SGG changes from making new heros and deflecting the issue, rather than fixing the problem.

1 Like

I didnā€™t try for him but was happy enough to get him as I donā€™t have any damage over time heroes.

Then I looked at his special and thought ā€˜is that it?ā€™

1 Like

I have roc at 8 nodes and not really impressed,
May reset him to put back on 2nd grave

1 Like

Roc +18 on defense, well not threateningā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve become a bit unsure now. I am badly lacking on yellow heroes in general, but especially 5*. So far, I only have Neith maxed and a Justice on 1/1 that I wonā€™t level.

I was happy to pull Roc because of that and heā€™s soon on 3/70. But is he worth giving darts? People really donā€™t seem to like him. My problem is I failed all my attempts to pull drake, Joon etc., so Iā€™m a bit tired of waiting for something to show up.

I currently have 15 darts, so even if I ascend him, I have backup darts if I finally get something better.

If you have spare darts, just ascend it.

3 Likes

Really shows how much Roc was lacking a base damage. If he and isarnia were to switch places so she fires first, your whole team would have been wiped out by him

Roc wonā€™t get benefits from isarnia def down since roc damage is DoT, not direct damage

Yeah, thatā€™s why Iā€™m saying if he got a base damage, he would have destroyed your team

1 Like

This hero should have been the equivalent of getting Vanda at Halloween event. Brand new 5* added to sand event and heā€™s mediocre at best. What is up with that SG? I assumed heā€™d get balanced sooner rather than later but no mention of him in the most recent release. Pretty disappointed.

5 Likes

I agree completely!! I was really hoping for a Roc buff alsoā€¦I think he is currently either to slow for his current uses or needs something else with his specialā€¦healing cut is generally worthless so really heā€™s a DoT cleanse vs. Zimkatha who have attack up, direct damage and cleanse plus elemental link at fast.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see Roc get buffed.

He doesnā€™t really seem to have an effect on the battle.

not sure making him fast would help, unless the DoT would stack.

Maybe give him damage upon casting and maybe up the damage over time.

His DoT seems pretty weak for a 5* average mana speed after seeing what damage the 4* Kellie costume will do soon at fast speed

1 Like

Agreed he needs to be reworked to be desirable at the level of the new Halloween and Christmas seasonal heroes.

I said at the beginning he should have been a 5* Gafar to compete the hit all, hit 3 and sniper 5* sand team but worry it is now too late to change him completely.

At this point, initial damage, increased dot, extra buff to attack or defence or even hot is needed or a combination of the above to make him work

2 Likes