Road to TC 20

Watch the zero video about his base. His e&p fu is better than mine. I know he used TC19.

My use of 12 vs 13 is because 13 uses way more resources for a slim possibility of a 4*. Means I have a cheaper 3* every two days while every training session I add to the queue saved 145k ham and 45 recruits. Also, savings of ham not spent researching.

Was able to start while food storage, iron storage recruit housing were at lower levels.

Just my way.

1 Like

That makes totally sense that it consumes less food per day. Didnā€™t think about it. I will consider which to choose since i like the 5% chance of getting a 4* because my roster is pretty small!

Interesting. Iā€™m still planning to skip past 12 and run 13 for the 3-6 weeks it takes me to get TC20 running.

I bought some gems and did a couple 20-pulls, and got a lot of 3* heroes. Iā€™ve saved a few that I am leveling for the next beginner challenge, a few more that I might do for future challenges. Iā€™ve even hoarded enough so that my ā€œfodder roundsā€ of AW unleveled 3*s instead of unleveled 2*s. All new 3*s are strictly food, unless they make another interesting event/special 3*. (I really LIKE Squire Wabbit!) (I donā€™t think TC12-13 can/could pull him anywayā€¦)

So in my case, TC12 is just a very expensive way to make feeder heroes. XP wise, call one 3* worth three 1*-2* heroes from TC2, or TC11, or five 1* from TC1. (Iā€™m rounding up generously since it is a bit cheaper to feed one hero than 2~5.) Any of those three options take less time, recruits, and food than TC12 would.

Admittedly, the most likely outcome of running TC13 for a month is just a more expensive way to get the same 3*s that TC12 would have madeā€¦but there is a CHANCE that Iā€™ll get a hero I actually want and will level up! (Wu Kong, & Grimm, hereā€™s looking for you!)

If I was playing completely free, and didnā€™t have a full ā€œdouble setā€ of good 3*s, (enough to double up on any color as needed) I could make the case for TC12 being usefulā€¦but once you have that many 3*s, the small chance of a 4* would be reason to switch soon even then.

Given the low 4* hit rate, the one sure positive result Iā€™ll get from TC13 is banking food and recruits in its queueā€¦so in that case, the extra food is an advantage, not a disadvantage. Tho the ā€˜lossesā€™ of recruits & food in the bank (aka heroes generated) will be greater than TC12.

1 Like

I admit to spending. The once a month offer of 5x 200 gems is great value. The 2000 gem/3000 gem offers become cost effective when you begin needing ascension materials.

If you stay fun vs pay, the TC20 is value. Until then f2p players should save. Those who want immediate teams rent whereas the saver owns.

I have no 5 past 2^60 and no 4 past 3^60. None of my heroes are 1st class. But, I stay near 1600 cups, get titan loot at tier VIII and always have the highest war score in my alliance because my roster is deep.

The cost was 36$US per month.

Good luck, BWH. And happy 20 characters

Iā€™m in a fairly similar spot with you, except that Iā€™ve got one 5* 3/37 and one 4* 4/30, with others sitting at L60ā€¦and other members of my alliance are waaaaay ahead of both of us in terms of a deep bench and developed team; Iā€™m often near the top in AW, and typically around #7-12 in titan damage.

Good luck to you too, Bud.

I think TC12 vs. TC13 comes down to whether any of those 3*\s you get out of TC12 are heroes you will level. If yes, it is a resource bargain compared to TC13. If no, it is a resource drain compared to TC1/2/4/11 ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not rushing TC20, was just looking for a ballpark time figure.
I know no time frame is accurate (due to gameplay style, resources, $$$ paid, etc).
I already have a decent team, between the 5*/4*/3* that I have.
I have a way to go :slight_smile:

dragon snake, if you are still here, how long did it really take you?

Puh. Long time agoā€¦ canā€˜t remember quite correctly. But Iā€˜d guess maybe 4,5 months to tc20?

1 Like