RNG ? someone explain to me if this is RNG

Yeah, @garanwyn collected those stats but never revealed the nature of his attack team. If you can’t find something wrong with 20 of the wrong colour appearing on your opening board and just getting 6 of your strong colour for the entire play then you are on your own. They (SG) try to enforce rainbow attacks and then I totally agree that in that case alone you will generally be rewarded with mediocrity; start stacking and it’s not pretty.

There are lots of discussions about biased boards. Like this one: Mono teams and random tile falls

None of them contained any data that proved biased boards. Proponents of a conspiracy theory demand proof of a fair RNG, but never supported their own statements with data.

3 Likes

Totally true; it requires a single minded dedication to an issue to generate meaningful statistics and everytime SG updates, you have to start over. What are we up to? 6 new builds in 2 months? Why would anyone with a brain post something meaningful here that the devs can then use? Even with a 2,1,1,1 there is bias (and mostly I refer to Titans). Recently I have encountered ridiculously favourable boards with rainbows (just generally) and I find that peculiar and not random.

Why not? What is so special about possible data collected that devs can use? Why would the change board generation in every build?

Really? I always play 4-1 or 3-1-1 against Titans (1 is Wu Kong and another one is Isarnia against Blue as my green don’t have defense debuffer). Results varies between 20 and 60k on 7-8* titans and up to 114k on a 2* Titan. I also play mono teams on Challenge events. All this fits into an assumption of random boards.

Yet no one explained the reason of putting dev effort in tuning board generation in favour of rainbow teams. What SG gains here?

1 Like

Again: if you go mono, statistically 80 % of the tiles are against you. And yes, it happens, that you get almost no replacements in your color. But it also happens that you can make consecutive diamonds of your color or get cascades of your color and then: POOOOF. And most of the time the boards are mediocre, but playable.

1 Like

This is an assumption out of thin air.
So tell me; why does SG keep developing heroes that actually encourage colour stacking in order to be used to their best advantage?

3 Likes

No proof necessary. It just is. Mono teams and 4-1 teams WILL yield less strong tiles to appear. If you think about it, it almost has to be this way because mono teams and 4-1 will always win if each tile appearance was equal. With a mono team, a single tile can be 300-700 pts of damage - a single tile.

1 Like

If you put it this way, then it is about belief (a religion of evil SG). In such a case all reasons and proofs are useless of course.

You are right about a single tile damage, but you are wrong about about “each tile appearance is equal”. A probability of having 20% of a color is not the same as “every 5th generated tile is of that color”. So, either you use all colors but hit weaker or you raise bets on some of the colors but your chances to loose raise too.
If you play mono the question is: Can your team survive a period of bad luck on a board or not?

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:
Like Santa right?

1 Like

So are you disagreeing with me and saying that: Mono teams and 4-1 teams have no effect on the likelihood of strong tiles to appear.

That is what everyone in this thread is saying

2 Likes

oh and let me guess, the hidden attack buff on raid defenses doesn’t exist either?

To be fair, that is a misquote and implies a statement of fact. The original is “IF each tile appearance WAS equal” which is an implied question. What you are saying in response to the misquote is correct however and raises good and valid points.

Is there a thread somewhere that actually has some data for the RNG system this game runs or are all the threads the same…people just arguing their feelings on it?

Depends which RNG aspect you’re looking for.

Boards are Random:

TC20 Results:

But there are a lot more threads about peoples feelings regarding how terrible & rigged the RNG is

3 Likes

Haha I bet, wasn’t arguing one way or the other just wanted to see if anyone had even bothered collecting any data. More threads than I can count so thanks for giving me some short cuts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

August 22, 2020 - YouTube I’m sick of the ■■■■■■■ rng

Soooo… what are you complaining about exactly?

main

1 Like

What about RWG … Random Word Generation?

My wife’s Wordle this morning

I suppose it has to happen occasionally.