Rivaling Telluria

The perfect tank was created, and we hear endless stories of boredom in raids and wars, even after the Nerf nothing changed. Those who have her tank her, and everybody face her multiple times per day, yes we get tired of facing her, but let’s face it winning is more important, the players who have her have the power not tank her but don’t. It feels like every hero that comes these days is to counter some part of her. Why not just bring 4 more heroes, 1 of each colour that has similar do it all specials to rival her as tank? Boom parity restored.

Counterpoints:

1. Telluria is the first strong green tank in the game. One could argue that Lianna was a very good tank early on but I am referring to later when tanks became a specialty. Thus, there are very few counters yet to green tanks as there has never really been a need for them.

2. There are already very good tanks in the other colours, but again they already have very good counters to them as well.

3. It is not so much Telluria as the Telluria-Vela combination. Telluria without Vela is only marginally more difficult for me than other good tanks and actually marginally less difficult than Ursena. But seeing her without Vela is pretty rare.

So really, to bring back the variety what we really need are perfect support heroes like Vela for Telluria to complement the Guins, BK’s, Ursena’s, and others that already exist in the game. Or a perfect counter for Vela who happens to be red.

10 Likes

Mitsuko, Grazul, Zemkifa and JF are already exist in the game. Heroes like they must be in standard roster. If devs do not want create new standard heroes so may be they can do it with new costumes (instead of creating useless costumes)

What about Yunan?

2 Likes

These heroes are all very good yes, but as a tank they cannot compare to the Standard that Tell set, if you bring a blue tank that will complement GM as flank then that option will really give food for thought. The reality is that we need more tanks that has multiple special skills to break the chain of green only and not more counters

Counter to Telluria will surely come, same as they come for Guinevre.
Villains always pop up after a superhero is born.

That said, it is really a cheap business practice to make a broken hero first (so all the people chase him/her) and only after make new heroes specifically to counter him/her.

But people keep spending lots chasing this temporary advantage, so they keep doing it.

If people are so gullible to being fraud multiple times, then it’s our fault too.

Other broken tanks will come after Telluria, be sure of it.
When the time comes, will we remember this Telluria boredom?

I’m not so sure.

2 Likes

You’re right, I forgot about Yunan. But he and Boss Wolf are so rare that they don’t have a major impact on the game like Telluria did.

3 Likes

The Standard is Tell+Vela, not Tell. Maybe pre-nerf she was much tougher than other tanks but not so much post-nerf. I hesitate to take on Tell+Vela, and Ursena, but not so much Tell alone. Maybe it’s a sign of my specific bench though.

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Heroes tend to popup after a villain appears? There’s no need for a hero when there is no heroic thing to do, that is, battle a villain. A villain must appear first. I do agree SG playing a dirty business. They tease a hero in beta for players to be aware and excited, resulting to spending a lot of dough last March (not me, as i usually get my HOTMs using free coins/tokens or a single x10 pull for the month, but i pity some players who’ve done tens of summons but still failed to get her or any other hero they chase).

Yunan only appears once a year, previously at a very very low odds. But Telly stands above him by reason of her HoT, minion summoning, and reduced mana regen to enemies, plus her Element Link. With her HoT and reduced mana regen, it’s difficult for the attacking team to overcome such odds though it is a bit easier now compared to the pre-nerf of both Telly and Vela.

It should be, but in movies and comics you generally see the other way around.
You have the superhero (like Batman) fighting regular crime.

Then a supervillain appear (Joker). He defeat him.

Then another to replace it (Penguin). Struggle, but defeat again.

And so on, so on…

1 Like

Lol. I don’t know about that. Bayman was born out of the criminality rampant in Gotham, mugging and death of his parents when Bruce was still young, existence of the crime mob until the arrival of supervillains such as Joker, Penguin, TwoFace, etc.

In other comics, Spiderman appear first as a wrestler but not for heroic purpose but for him to gain additional money. His first encountered villain was Chameleon. Most superheroes in comics emerge as such because of initial villains until supervillains come to challenge the hero character.

Clear example of this is the Silver Surfer. Norin Radd sacrificed himself to become Galactus’ herald (that by itself is heroic enough even without sufficient power to combat Galactus) to avoid his planet being devoured by Galactus, until he rebelled against him.

Well, that’s pretty much what i was saying :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nope. This is what you said:

I argued that it should be the other way around. Villains come first before a superhero appears. Otherwise, there is nothing heroic to be done.

To relate to the OP, Telluria is deemed as the villain and no clear hero is able to significantly beat her, unlike what Seshat’s release entail to counter Guinevere, Malosi against Ursena and Kunchen, etc. With Telly backup with her top sidekick-villains in GM and Vela, the heroes tend to gang up on the villain GTV group by stacking reds or other mono, but only finds relative success, not a full head on victory. Until the fast S3 fire sniper or December HOTM is released.

I raid Telluria with pretty much the same team now.

Telluria, Tarlak, Mitsuko, Marjana & Grezul

The reds are obviously good on Tel and if I’m lucky I’ll have Mitsuko ready before Vela. If not I hope to have Grezul ready so I only take the AoE damage and not the DoT from the wave. Of course I’m board dependent as is everyone but it’s good having Mitsuko as she really is a twofer against Tel teams as she’s great against Tel and the blue assistants.

My “villains” meant your “super villains”.
Of course there must be evil first to make someone fighting it.

But the comparison was meant for Telluria.

Other heroes are already there fighting her, but “super heroes” exploit her would pop up later.

Same as Joker pop up AFTER Batman (i mean as opponent, not the backwards storyline)

We are in the same book, different chapter :wink:

I hunt for Telluria, I have Santa and Elena’s costume emblemed and telluira goes down fairly easily 7/10 times. It’s when Vela goes off and you have crap tiles that make her a pain.
I also take out teams with 350+ points higher. It’s literally the Vela Tell combo more than just tell. When Rigard costume special goes off, I hit Santa then Elena and Telluria goes down more often than not.

This game not about heroes) If you have enough shields on board - you will win, if you don’t have enough shields on board - you will lose and no matter which roster of heroes you have. I think this game is left to exist 1-2 years

For this you must get 12 red shields before

Yes, they get to fire at the same time. I hit santa for the defense down before I trigger Elana

There’s this thing called buff and debuff, attack power and defense. Not all heroes are exactly the same.