Rise of the Valkyrie - Brynhild+19 as Diamond Tank šŸ’Ž

Sif and Bryn are interchangable in that scenario. Your defense is won and lost with those two up front, not the ones in the back. If Iā€™m stacked blue (not mono, mono is lazy) and I can kill BK, I probably win. If he goes off, you probably win, regardless of who is in the middle.

1 Like

I kinda disagree. BK on himself can be dealt with by using a despell. This is why he shines so much with Brynhild, cause if they both go off, and chances are they will cause heā€™s average and Bryn is fast, hes sudently immune to that despell, and whatever dmg he recieved might also be healed. With Sif, he doesnā€™t get healed, he doesnā€™t get immunity, and the reflect dmg isnā€™t even that great cause off hes 1dmg thing - therefor my best team with Sif doesnā€™t even include BK

1 Like

Exactly, I encountered such a team, Krampus instead of Black Knight, but the minute Brynhild fired with Krampus, it pretty much was a guaranteed loss.

Aha, the ā€œmoron trapā€! Like it. Sheā€™s not OP, youā€™re just smart.

Do you have Malosi? Because his very fast speed means he can often beat BK/Krampus to the punch (heh excuse the pun) and completely shut them down. Or if you donā€™t mind using a 4*, Mist also does a great job of completely shutting down taunters and Bryn with her buff block (the -64% mana slow buys you lot of time to play the board too). In a double formation, I rarely find the center hereo to be an issue since youā€™re very unlikely to hit them with tiles, so the far more common scenario is the front two go off, but the back three are still just chilling and slowly charging.

For whatever my measly opinion is worth, I still think Kage is the ultimate anti-taunter hero, since he dispels before doing damage, hits pretty damn hard initially, and is very fast to boot. Heā€™s great against both BK and Krampus, but for Krampus, Fogg may have a very slight edge due to him being the strong color if you decide to run a green stack (him paired with Kingston will pretty much completely kill Krampusā€™s special). However heā€™s just fast and not vfast so thereā€™s a speed disadvantage.

Sadly I donā€™t have Kage, so my anti-BK team is either my blue or purple stack depending on what else is there. Blue stack = cKiril-Frida-Cobalt-Lepus, purple stack = cRigs-Panther-Onyx-Moreau. Blue has the advantage of completely flipping BKā€™s special if I fire Frida first followed by cKiril (and give them a defense debuff to boot), whereas purple is more of a ā€œyou can berserk all you want but you canā€™t do :poop: if you canā€™t hit me coz youā€™re blindedā€.

If I did have Kage Iā€™d probably replace Moreau in my purple stack for the ultimate anti-taunter team. Kage dispels taunter, then Onyx when combined with Panther and cRigs debuff/buffs will very likely swipe two or even three heroes in one go.

I do, but the problem is that the boards arenā€™t always cooperative and I donā€™t get the 2 yellow matches that I require. OTOH, with that sort of defensive setup, Iā€™ve taken to using Proteus more as heā€™ll shut everyone down, aside from the odd cleric or monk. I need 3 purple matches for that though. Honestly, it comes down to tile luck. Sometimes I bring Malosi, and thereā€™s an abundance of purple, or vice versa.

Been running this defense almost from the time raid formations came back.

Tried Elena instead of Khagan on the first 2 days but she wasnā€™t as effective.

With the current setup, Iā€™m holding 2600+ overnight. Typically I would end up around 2700 or slightly above after I fill my evening wanted chest. When I wake up, will lose around 100 cups but with more wins than losses. Plenty of +10 to +20 with some -40 to -50 in between.

Besides the Brynhild - Krampus synergy, Khagan is there for a 2nd mana battery and to discourage Green mono. Clarissa does extra damage against Holy heroes such as Malosi and Mist. As a C2P, itā€™s working better than anything else I can put up.

Itā€™s not an OP defense by any means, but I think lots of players just see the 4500+ only TP and donā€™t realise that you need a strategy or 2 to beat it.

Some probably didnā€™t even notice the formation and just went mono red thinking ā€œhuehuehue what kinda idiot tanks a 4* in diamondā€ and then gets that ā€œoh shiiiiiiiiiiiiā€ moment as soon as they see the board. :rofl:

5 Likes

Huh? Brynhild is second row there, not tank. Bringing mono red (no dispellers, most likely) there against a Krampus / Khagan front line would really be idiotic, but I doubt anyone in their right mind would go mono red there. The only one Iā€™m worried about in that line-up is Krampus and his undispelable defense buffā€¦ the rest are plain regular heroes, but Krampus might make things interesting. There were times I dispelled him and threw multiple specials at him and his absurdly OP undispelable defense buff just wouldnā€™t let him die. One of the most overpovered heroes in E&P history.

Ummm did you selectively not read the first part of my sentence?

1 Like

Yes, I did read. And I say again.

I donā€™t see how anyone that played long enough to put up a mono red team would miss the formation aspect and consider Brynhid as being in tank position.

1 Like

I dunno, formations were just re-introduced not too long ago, and sometimes you just miss it. I know Iā€™ve done it a few times, it just happens.

2 Likes

Should be the first thing to keep in mind when picking a target.

1 Like

Also: semantics need to catch up to new meta

I think with new formations; concepts of tank and flank have new meanings to adjust to.

Itā€™ll be confusing until people start using formation positions (1 through 5) as the norm.

E.g. in this formation is #3 tank ? Hard to say. I assume #2 and #4 get the most tile hits. So are they the tanks?

Actually thereā€™s no tank in that formation. Tankā€™s job is to protect the team from tile damage in the early play, by standing in the line of fire. Thereā€™s nothing of that sort going on thereā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I meanā€¦ I see it that way also. But many players will go by old definitions (which apply to the standard v formation).

Look at the top 100. V shape defense is deadā€¦

1 Like

Yup. Agreed. The meta has changed. Vocabulary usage still needs to catch up.

Back to topic at handā€¦

I really appreciate brynhild and she stays in rotation on both offense and defense.

Hereā€™s my last 2 Def and they both made brought me joy.

She worked well in both #2 and #3 positions.

Side note: hoping she kept costume wukong alive longer despite his -20% defense , but couldnā€™t tell. Lol

Final note: these donā€™t keep me in diamond of course, but platinum.

But even with the V shape, many times lately I was more worried about some flanks or wings than the tank. There was a time when killing the tank early was guarantee of success. Those days are long gone.

2 Likes