Rise of the Valkyrie - Brynhild+19 as Diamond Tank šŸ’Ž

That team would be good, but enemies could stack purple and red without reply.

A Vela flank would be ideal :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought it was possible to push 700 defense

Yeah. Youā€™re right.

I guess I was trying to do too many things.

From the experience with war team, I noticed that placing Brynhild and Delilah beside one another makes them quite the tough combo to take down.

I was also trying to leverage the mana boost skill combo between Sif and Brynhild (not to mention their realm bonus)

I guess Iā€™ll try the following team as raid defense team and report back my findings:

Thanks a ton for your input!

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Guys do you take brynhild mana boost?I think 2% isnt too much if i dont have green mana troop?

Yes. Thatā€™s pretty much my Brynhild too except I left Node 20.
As @JonahTheBard mentioned in his original post, he opted for healing bonus instead of defense on Node 19.

Cheers!

@JonahTheBard - just wanted to drop in with a quick update.

Brynhild is holding my team just fine at 2400+ cups overnightā€¦ I mean obviously Ursena is a better tankā€¦ she used to hold me at 2500+ cups overnight comfortablyā€¦ while Brynhild holds me around 2420 ish overnightā€¦But this is definitely a welcome surprise.

But the more fun part is when I see people raid me multiple times just because my tank is 4* :sweat_smile:

Hereā€™s an example:

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Cheers!! :grin:

2 Likes

Just the thread i was looking forā€¦i thought i was mad being the only one who has a Brynhild tankā€¦but shes done me fine especially attacking in raidsā€¦i average around 2500 and have recently been over 2700. This is my defence team (used a lot in raid attacks too)

I was interested reading about using Wilbur as flanking Brynhildā€¦do you think it would be swopping Grimm for my Wilbur whoā€™s +12?

Thanks guys

1 Like

Itā€™s accepted wisdom to have at least one blue flank on a green tank to punish red stacking.

That being said, if you replaced Sartana with Wilbur, youā€™d have two overwriting Def down.

I think itā€™s worth a try though, with Wilbur tested on both sides. My instinct is that as he has fewer emblems, youā€™ll probably lose cups, but thatā€™s not a big problem for an interesting experiment

2 Likes

@JonahTheBard, he want to swap grimm with wilbur, not sartanaā€¦ :smile:

I think what @JonahTheBard meant is that
According to conventional wisdom, you need a blue flank to a green tank so that opponentā€™s red stacking is punished - i.e., replacing grimm with wilbur might not be a great idea. At the same time, replacing Sartana with Wilbur means you have two overriding def down specials.
Conclusion: Try both variations and see which one works better.

Hope this helps!! :slight_smile:

@JonahTheBard- I just rephrased what I understood from your response. Please correct it if I am wrong somewhere.

1 Like

aaahhā€¦ i seeā€¦ maybe i am wrongā€¦ hahahaā€¦ i am not focus, maybe lockdown effectā€¦

sorry @JonahTheBard and many thanks @CaptainjaKCsparrow for correct my missā€¦

No worries at all. Happy to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Precisely.

That was pure poetry

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

20ā€¦

This thread has given me inspiration to level my Brynhild and eventually use her as my tank! Rigard and Wilbur are my best tank options at the moment so not the best options.

2 Likes

You wonā€™t be disappointed.

Brynhild tank held me just fine in Diamond Tierā€¦ (2450ishā€¦)

Never had to worry about drastic overnight cup lossesā€¦(Not that cups matter muchā€¦ so long as youā€™re in diamond or platinumā€¦ itā€™s just for the better loot.)

Cheers!!

If i want her to tank my defence should i go all def/health path with emblems on her?

^ yes thatā€™s the way.

Iā€™m swivaricating (which is a word I have definitely just made up. Combination of swivelling, pondering and debatingā€¦) between the following two teams for my defence:

Seshat-cElena-Brynhild-Magni-Clarissa

and

Seshat-cBoldtusk-Atomos-Magni-Clarissa

In the first team I love that Magni adds defence to Brynhild, and she speeds up and adds def against specials to cElena.

The second team could have, instead of Atomos, costumed Elkanen or (just drawn) costumed Kadilen, who both have huge defensive stats when maxed, though Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re better than Atomos, who Iā€™ve waited to be able to use for quite a while.

Elena Atomos Elk and Kad are all eyeing up my final Damascus bladeā€¦

My only legendary holy hero is Malosi who Iā€™m less keen to have on defence. Clarissa and Seshat as wings seem to be a good duo.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

BIt late to the party here, but Iā€™m such a fan of Brynhild that I looked for topics on herā€¦

My only red 5* is Khagan, but he may actually be a good flank for Brynhild too. Mutual mana boosts, plus big defense boost that stacks, both undispellable from Brynhild. Once she fires, heā€™s almost certain to fire,and theyā€™ll be a tough core to crack.

1 Like

Iā€™ve joined the brynhilde diamond tank club, and sheā€™s pretty awesome. Iā€™m constantly tuning my defense to target a ~2400 cup sweet spot so I can fill chests but mostly stay in diamondā€¦ I keep having to downgrade her teammates!

1 Like