Rise of the Valkyrie - Brynhild+19 as Diamond Tank šŸ’Ž

Mine is still doing ok, but I think sheā€™ll be better as a war tank when red resources are stretchedā€¦ especially compared to elk and Horghall

3 Likes

She boosts the mana for the heroes in the flank. I have Sumle next to her and he charges much faster. When he goes off itā€™s like an weapon of mass destruction.

Iā€™m going to try her out in the next war. I had her on my last no red 4* raid tourney as a tank, but she wasnā€™t emblemed and it didnā€™t go too well. I tried her on offense just now and I got a little curious if her defense against special skills works as intended. With a 34% def down from Kunchen she and the two surrounding her took an awful lot of damage from special skills even with her special active. Can someone educate me on how those work together?

The last rogue node is critical hit, not mana, so thatā€™s a bit of a different conversation.

Personally, Iā€™m undecided, will depend if I get any more decent rogues - the only moderately likely one being Marjana

1 Like

695 /////1355, quite decent stat overall, but tell me did you go def /HP all the way?, I guess for rogue, some attacks would fall in anyway.

1 Like

Her special has no damage component, so I see her role as being a blocker that supports two high damage flanks. As such, I want her to last as long as possible :blush: do yes, Def HP all the way, except the final heal bonus

1 Like

Would hatter be able to steal Brynā€™s and magnis buffs? I havenā€™t faced her in defense yet so I havenā€™t tried it yet.

Also Wilbur would still be able to overwrite the def up buffs right?

1 Like

Yes, it can be overwritten.

And I donā€™t know for sure about hatter but he probably could steal it.

But it does prevent Kage from dispelling before his attack, which I like

1 Like

Iā€™m a novice in forum technology so I donā€™t know how to quoteā€¦ Sorry.
But Brynhildeā€™s def up is against specials only so it wonā€™t be overwritten. Both Def down and def up against specials applies at the same time which seemed to not necessarily work as intended when it happened on offense.

Yeah thatā€™s where my train of thought was going. Traditional dispelers like Caed, Sabina, Mel wouldnā€™t help much. But Hatter is a good option if you have him and stack against flanks. Or Wilbur can be more common counter. But they are avg while Bryn is fast. So likely theyā€™ll likely fire late.

I really like the idea but Iā€™m not to crazy about that def stat which you already pointed out. Anything below 800 is so susceptible to color stacks.

If anything I think you found the real reason sheā€™s 4* instead of a 5*ā€¦sheā€™d push Telly if she had vanilla 5* stats

2 Likes

Thatā€™s correct, sorry I was referring to magniā€™s special in my front three but didnā€™t make that clear. Crossed wires.

In relation to quoting, just highlight the text you want to quote and the option will float nearby

2 Likes

Sorry I meant overwrite Magniā€™s def up. That way at least heroes would be susceptible to tile damage. And Iā€™m guessing for specials it would be compounded def calculation like 700 * 1.74 * 0.56 or 700 * 1.3 ā€¦i donā€™t know the actual formula but something to test for. I really wish I could simulate this in game and test it :pensive:

1 Like

This is tricky as Iā€™ve fun into so few Brynhildā€™s so far (in any position) that I donā€™t feel I really have a great grasp of her overall impact and synergy possibilities.

I will say that, in terms of war, I would be very happy to see the defense sport Isarnia and Magni flanks (as the attacker in this scenario). That would make it an easy decision to ā€˜restā€™ my red heroes and attack with a green stack.

Anyway, see how it goes. Iā€™d be inclined to try and get Tyr out there, but itā€™s difficult to say more since itā€™s hard to translate tower defense results to a war field.

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve taken Zephā€™s advice :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™ve gone with this now

3 Likes

I strongly recommend (for the fun of brynhild on defense) to play like

Seshat aegir brynhild+20 wilbur+20 joon

Why? You have two spirit links that are unbanable after brynhild fires (unique ability btw). So if brynhild survives until one spirit link is acticeā€¦ its a hell of work to outplay spirit link before it is casted again

We have 3 aegirs in our war flanked by brynhild. You would be amazed how often attackers struggle here because their typical ā€œI just take caedmonā€ doesnt work well :wink:

5 Likes

I really like that idea :blush:

Iā€™ve only got a Wilbur+6 at the moment. Will bear that in mind particularly for 4* tournaments.

loss a lot of cupā€¦ hahahaā€¦ never mind, iā€™ll take it back. itā€™s fun for meā€¦

Wow, thatā€™s pretty brutal.

Iā€™ve been winning about 40% on defence plus my attacks, so Iā€™m still around 2500. Iā€™ll see how it goes overnight

Encouraging results overnight

In war I was one-shotted by a heavy duty player but on my second incarnation, the team absorbed 3 flags

As for raid defence, I think the drop is pretty acceptable and still holds diamond.

4 Likes