Rigged Raids and Other Game Flaws the Devs Will Continue to Ignore

There is a plateau in team strength. At one point, you gain enough 4* and 5* heroes to where you can win any fight. A lot of people have reached that point. Have you ever thought that the 2600-2700 spot you speak of is not due to anything by the developers, rather by the competition point at the top tier of players?

People raid to 3100 cups. Then, they get attacked and defeated back down to 2600-2700. At that point, a lack of cup gain from attacking them makes them a less attractive target. That is why they stay there. These are game mechanics creating this plateau. Not developer interference.

5 Likes

I usually stay above 2450 or so, and I raid up to about 2650-2700.

This morning when I woke up, I had gotten knocked down to 2250 cups!

+sarcasm
Why did they change my rigged number??? I thought I was set to about 2450!! Compensation!
-sarcasm

If raids were rigged, I wouldn’t have had the losing streak I just had… struggling to fill the current hero chest, and getting frustrating boards. I used my 6 flags and didn’t get back above 2400 yet. Do you know why? Because bad luck happens. It isn’t engineered by the devs, it’s just an effect of the randomness of the game. Stating otherwise just shows elevated paranoia.

3 Likes

I think the question is not if the devs doing something, but what they are doing…

@Garanwyn, this was fascinating to me, as - while unsurprised that the SGG team is aware of the high win rates for raids - I was unaware that this conversation was occurring. Honestly, I do think the win rate in the upper echelon of the game is too high. At the same time, I actually think it’s probably too low in earlier phases of the game. At the least, I think that raids are too frustrating until you near the endgame (decision to NOT link to multiple threads demonstrating this, all of which I’m sure you’ve already seen). Weirdly, I have already written about this dichotomy in this exact thread.

Anyway, at the risk of having actual content in this thread… :stuck_out_tongue:

Move the Exponent

I believe I’ve seen Kerridoc suggest that simply tweaking the location of the exponent in the (assuming this is even correct) damage calculation would mitigate the power of color stacking. Has that suggestion been discussed with the SGG team / does it have any traction?

Mitigate the Stack

My recent experiences with the five star raid tournaments that disallow an element has really driven home to me how hard it is to win without color stacking. I have often struggled to defeat teams with a five star (often emblemed) tank that I can’t bring any of the strong element against, presumably because the raid tournaments are rigged I lack a roster replete with maxed heroes that would allow me to stack off color / mono effectively.

In other words, in terms of those five star tournaments, I’m at a point analogous to what I wrote about earlier. At some point earlier in the game I could raid with my best rainbow team, or stack, though the cost was a subpar team power. Now, in these tournaments, I can stack less to bring a more powerful (on paper, at least) team, or move towards mono, by bringing in weaker and weaker heroes.

I realize I’m making my point in a rather tortuous fashion here, but the point is…find a way to disincentivize the player from stacking (or from stacking the strong element). The raid tournaments do this with an artificial constraint.

The Best Solution

Live PvP raids solve this. If I’m attacking a team while it is simultaneously attacking mine, both players (mostly) have to go rainbow. If I go blue, my opponent will obviously go green, gaining an insurmountable advantage (funnily, even moreso than a normal raid now, since they’ll be stacked strong while I’m stacked weak).

It would be incredibly exciting to draft and place your heroes, taking turns with the opponent. The strategic ramifications of each choice and the live aspect would be a new and (I think) enthralling game component.

As an additional benefit, since raid teams would mostly be rainbow, people would be completely unable to complain about the boards being rigged. And, since raid wins would be zero sum, another thing people would be entirely unable to complain about would be any artificial methods of choosing winners, setting win rates, cup ranges, etc. In fact, I guarantee that there would be no more complaining of any sort.

3 Likes

Of course! They went through all the trouble to ask publicly, and to discuss options, then decided to do something secret instead. Brilliant⸮

You have clearly made up your mind that something nefarious is going on, and are busily ignoring any and all evidence that disagrees with your preconceived notions.

Whenever you set a test and it gets invalidated, you deny terms and move the bar, as the long sequence regarding your invalid theory about how wins/losses balance in the watchtower showed. No amount of data will satisfy you because you obviously don’t believe it’s possible to prove you wrong.

That’s religion, not science.

6 Likes

Since they haven’t published the damage calculation, it’s hard to have a discussion with SG around how one might alter it.

One would presume that the devs have seen the very large thread on diminishing the effects of mono in-game.

A change this large to the mechanic seems fraught to me. People have spent heavily, both in terms of $$$ and AM, based on the current paradigm.

What you’re describing sounds like a very fun game. But it’s not this game any more.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s an incredibly important distinction. You’ve accused them of covertly manipulating boards, ostensibly to encourage spending of money on flasks. If in actuality the “other factors” that you label as match-rigging is simply that at a certain cup level opponents are too strong to reliably beat with your current strategies as everyone else here suspects, then all you’ve done is recognized pretty obvious regression to the mean. You can take issue with the known defensive 20% stat bonus and argue that it makes it too difficult to climb above your current cup level, but that is not even remotely the same as covertly cheating with the intent of ripping you off.

2 Likes

I did not set any test. Just looked at my watchtower and i have 22 loses which is a steady number for me and some other guys of the alliance.

Its hard to prove someone wrong that did not claim that he is right.

I am expressing concerns, observations,opinions, set my arguments, reading yours and then i will come to a conclusion.

To tell you the truth i have not made up my mind just yet. While discussing here i continue to buy, but haven’t seen any strong arguments either.

“They tell us its like this, so it is” is too religious even for me.

So i went look in to my watchtower an i have 10 wins and 0 losses the raids i made …
The other 40 attacks were against me… 24 wins 16 losses…
This means? Because i cant really take any conclusion by just looking at that numbers…
Well actually it means i have a pretty nice defense… but about boards i really cant get to any conclusion

Where exactly is this ever said here?

More like “They tell us it’s like this, so we test it and it is with 95% confidence”. Which is science.

3 Likes

My post was not about tiles and team stacking. It was that my opponents team was able to have all 5 heros hit full manna after 5 to 6 tiles. I understand the games gonna be good and bad. I was asking if anyone had this happen to them? Team power should have something to do with attacks, if it doesn’t then why is there a stat for it and why do they account for it in your alliance score? Thanks for the ability to ask questions and answers. Have a great day

There were more than 5/6 tiles… and have you checked the oppenent troops? Mana troops +emblems can easily reduce 1 stone when filling mana

Your team probably was weakened by chemtrails or by extraterrestrial lizards. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol @IvyTheTerrible, it’s like Die Hard 7!!

2 Likes

That aptly covers this and many other thread subjects here.

Edit: we must be at or approaching the 1 year anniversary here.

1 Like

Offline raids is what I like in this game. I don’t want to initiate a raid and wait minutes until the other player confirms readiness. I don’t want unfinished raids caused by other player’s broken connection. Also most Americans are asleep when I wake up so less opponents would be available.

And there would be no revenges I guess because it would require waiting for opponent to come online and confirm raid.

Hello,
I can’t comment about raids since i only do wars and revenges, but since first reading this thread i have kept an eye on boards.
I noticed that 99,9% of the time you don’t have a balanced board (7tiles of each color).
There’s always 1 or 2 color dominant, then as the boards evolve other colors are dominant.
That is through any phase of the game.
When stacking, obviously you are putting yourself at a disadvantage, unless your lucky.
How can one complain when you’re the one set yourselves up for disappointment.
Don’t take me wrong, i do stack, complaint when i don’t get what i want, but still I choose to do it.
I try not to blame anybody for lousy luck.
Even with rainbows teams you don’t always win.
That it for now.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

1 Like

This is correct and expected. Boards are coded to be random, not balanced. When every tile color is randomly selected it is highly improbable to draw exactly 7 tiles of each color.

Hi,
I’m aware of this :smile:, and expect it :frowning_face:, but some of the complaints are so ridiculous that i felt compelled to reiterate the obvious. :scream:
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

You mean like complaints about bad boards when stacking mono when fully 80% of the board is expected to be off-colour?

3 Likes