Rigged Raids and Other Game Flaws the Devs Will Continue to Ignore

I do, but only after you have practiced it. There are plenty of ways to shoot yourself in the foot when you are new to mono. I believe that is why people speak ill of mono. If you don’t play the board right, it can hurt you badly, and most people have that as their first impressions of mono.

1 Like

@IvyTheTerrible, I’m fresh out of likes but I WILL be back!!! :heart: Have an extra heart while you wait :wink:

2 Likes

About the “rigged raids”:

Put on your armour
Ragged after fights
Hold up your sword
You’re leaving the light…

tinfoil-army-high-af-friends-tinfoil-mask-14340614260

Make yourself ready
For the lords of the dark
They’ll watch your way
So be cautious, quiet and hark…

wtf-photos-videos-the-hidden-temple-of-the-aluminum-monks

@BFD, it’s quite obviously (at least to me) that @Garanwyn, @Rook, @zephyr1 and @Kerridoc are all in cahoots with @discobot. Their plan is equally obvious!! Completely frustrate the masses with bad boards, while telling us it’s ALL RNG, and seeking world domination while we are all bashing our heads against the wall!!
I’d highly suggest putting the game down and SLOWLY backing away. You are almost caught in there masterful trap, once they have you there is no escape!!!

1 Like

People like to blame me for everything.

7 Likes

Oh so you are going to play all innocent now huh? We are on to your plans of world domination!!

1 Like

hides behind discobot

5 Likes

Yeah like its crazy to believe that a company will make “adjustments” to increase their profit.

Maybe they are saints and maybe santa Claus is real.

Raiding system is set that way to keep you steady. you wanna push, then you can climb to top100 for 2-3 min and then back where you belong. This is why people with 60,70 or 80% victories all have same cups.

I love this thread…

1 Like

It’s actually because the mathematics of ELO combines strength of victory with probability of winning. And because the asymmetry between offense and defense causes people to rise when they’re attacking and fall when they’re logged out and on defense.

It is possible to correct the math to account for attacker advantage. It’s usually the reverse that is done, in order to account for “home court” advantage in team sports. But the math is essentially the same.

I’m very confident that the reason this isn’t implemented, though, is because it would tend to lock people out of the top 100 and cut into raid flask revenue.

3 Likes

So it is mathematically “adjusted” in order for people to reach top 100 and to have steady income from raid chest.
The only argument here is that you believe that is done through defence, but i believe they do the same through the boards too.

It would be more fair for me to be out of top100 reach when i perform badly, but this would be bad for their profit.
That makes raids pointless other than the chest. There is no need to even tryhard.
They could replace the raid chest income with something else and make the raids competitive but that would cut into tournament profits.
PS. Even if i disagree with you, i respect the fact you actually have proposals to improve the game.

As FTP I dont buy raid flasks.

Right now I have 3 maxed 5*.

I am beginning to creep closer to top 100 ( although only for short moments of glory :smile: , top place 163 world ) during daily raiding. ( Using 1 flask max. )

I find it quite exciting to see the progress of my skills ( heroes progress soooo slowly ) pictured in the world raiting.

@Kavik Why would they need to adjust the boards if the implemented ranking system gives them what they want ?

Why dont you believe the facts, gathered by players, that the boards are not rigged ?

2 Likes

when you always lost = rigged raid , dev is unfair blablablablabla

then

dev changed and make Tile are easier to get based on your line up

then

you won 99% of your raids… and another complain come , why my Defense sucks , 99% always lost from lower TP , rigged raid blablablablabla again

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yep they should adjust the game so my defense will be mostly victorious and my offense too :joy:

1 Like

I think the main difference is you’re saying Small Giant is point blank lying to us, since they have repeatedly and explicitly said that the boards are random.

I am pointing out that no lie is necessary to achieve the outcome you’re discussing, and that in fact it is a natural byproduct of using an unmodified ELO.

The other fact that you’re missing is that the CTO actually discussed proposals for decreasing the win rate in Diamond a bit when it looked like it was drifting a bit high. And none of them involved monkeying with the boards. This discussion took place in the Active Player Lounge toward the end of last year:

My question to you guys is this: Are you happy with the current success rate or should we lower it? What would be the optimal number?

We already have some ideas how we could do it, but do you have suggestions yourself? Some of the options at our disposal:

• Make the mana of the defenders increase a bit faster (probably not a good idea)
  • Increase the damage of the specials for the defenders (probably not a good idea?)
  • Make the defenders attack a bit more frequently
  • Increase the damage of the regular attacks of the defenders
  • Increase the defense of the defenders
  • Introduce some completely new twist to the game that applies on Diamond league, e.g. a small bonus to heroes of a single element so that the element changes every week or month.

So the CTO has actually discussed the idea of adjusting the win rate in Diamond openly, with a group of hundreds of senior players on the forum. The idea that they are playing cloak-and-dagger games and then lying to us about it doesn’t square with this even a little.

I’ll cut to the chase from that thread: no changes were made.

I agree, and I think that it’s an unfortunate decision, because it cheapens the accomplishment of “top 100” to my eyes.

But I also understand that it’s a very exciting thing for a lot of players, and changing the mechanics of cups drastically would create an immense amount of frustration.

If you’re interested in my proposal, it’s here:

This follows the standard technique in the literature for correcting for a home-court advantage.

3 Likes

Imho the implemented ranking system is to hold players to specific cups without taking into account skill. The way to do this is with the boards as it is all about the boards.

There is no better way to lie than statistics. The main argument is you win some, you lose some, thus it is random.

The collected data disagree with you, and the statements of the devs disagree with you. Against that, what you have to offer is “well, they could cheat.” That’s a pretty weak argument.

Collect actual data and analyze it if you don’t believe the boards are random. It isn’t hard to do. I’ve even got a spreadsheet that will take care of calculating the confidence interval for you.

Here’s what real data looks like:

2 Likes

To me (and many more players) it feels that the boards are not random. If they are indeed random and used all other possible ways to adjust the outcome, then the result is the same, as the feeling remains.

Fact is that i remain to 2600cups no matter what crappy staff i try and i cannot figure out how this is accomplished with random boards

There is all the world of difference between being point-blank lied to and not being lied to.

Would you ride on an airplane where the design was based on the engineers “feeling” it would work? I wouldn’t.

Would you want to be treated by a doctor who, instead of doing tests to see what ailed you, just treated you based on “feeling” they knew what was wrong? I’m glad my doctors don’t decide based on actual tests when there’s a question of something serious.

Wanting SG to make the boards less random because you don’t like the current feel of the game is a perfectly respectable position to take. Accusing other people of lying and manipulating on the basis of feelings isn’t a respectable position to take where I come from.

When I doubt, I measure. You can see that fact for yourself. If you don’t want to measure, then fine, don’t. It’s a lot of work. But then equally be decent enough not to make strong accusations from a position of a lack of knowledge.

6 Likes