Rigard and Melendor ( together they fight crime) for 3-1-1 raiding or rainbow raiding

Rigard and Melendor ( together they fight crime) for 3-1-1 raiding or rainbow raiding

Rigard and Melendor

Rigard and Melendor have two of the highest heal all allies for Classic 4* / 5* heroes. This helps when raiding since you can not use mana items.

Rigard and Melendor are two different colors so they charge at different rates and charge when different colors are missing and charge when different colors are abundant. This helps when raiding since you can not use mana items.

Rigard and Melendor have useful, but different secondary effects. Rigard has all ally cleanse. Melendor removes all enemy buffs including counterattack, and reflect damage, without taking any damage.

Rigard and Melendor are different classes so get to 4*+18 faster.

Rigard and Melendor at 4*+18 DEF/ HP are sturdy enough for Platinum arena.

Color stacking, Empires hidden buff

Unfortunately most of Empires is locked behind a paywall, but 3x red including Gormek or 3x blue including Grimm allows Ramming Pulverizer.

There is no yellow version of Ramming Pulverizer.

Purple has Tibertus’ Ramming Pulverizer. Green has Buddy’s Gift Sack ( locked behind a paywall ). But they are the same color as Rigard and Melendor.

When running 3-1-1 color stacking, it helps to have each color have a different job. In this case green, and purple, are very strong healers and red, or blue, are very strong normal damage / tile/ matching/ physical damage.

See notes for color stacking, Empires hidden buff.

3x red

Gormek ( Ramming Pulverizer),

Boldtusk ( Attack buff ),

Scarlett ( high normal damage / tile/ matching/ physical damage )

Different classes so get to 4*+18 faster.

Since you are using color stacking, DEF/ HP works well to survive in Platinum arena. DEF/ HP include some attack nodes.

Boldtusk, and Scarlett, have classes that compliment their special skills.

3x blue

Grimm ( Ramming Pulverizer),

Kiril ( Attack, and Defense, buff ),

Grimm the 2nd ( high normal damage / tile/ matching/ physical damage )

Or replace Grimm the 2nd with Triton. Triton helps with healing and has high normal damage / tile/ matching/ physical damage.

Grimm x2

Two Grimm are useful for both Barbarian quests since both have all red bosses.

If two Grimm, use emblems on only one to start, so you get to 4*+18 faster.

Several people I know have Grimm at 2x 4* 4.70 .

I have Grimm at 4*+18, and 4* 3.60 . But RNG means I have blue limited time heroes including Frida and Valeria ( both locked behind very severe paywalls).

Rainbow

If using a rainbow team for raiding ( the most versatile team in Empires), preferably use Grimm for Ramming Pulverizer, but Gormek is also acceptable.

While Grimm, and Gormek, both on the same rainbow team is not ideal, depending on RNG, they may be what you have in your roster.

Wu Kong is Over Powered when you can use battle items, but Gambler’s stance can screw up Ramming Pulverizer without battle items as backup / do over.

Sometimes I will use my Wu Kong just for Wu Kong’s high normal damage / tile/ matching/ physical damage and not trigger Gambler’s stance.

My first rainbow 4* 4.70 team used Scarlett for her high normal damage / tile/ matching/ physical damage ( see Wu Kong cascade squad in notes). Scarlett’s special skill helps keep Grimm, Melendor, Wu Kong and Scarlett alive.

But Boldtusk is a very strong red 4* hero ( see Wu Kong grinder gang in notes ).

Notes

Click for notes

Wu Kong cascade squad

Wu Kong grinder gang

( Wu Kong grinder gang or Powerful rainbow auto play team or Wu Kong plus 4 healers)

Classes

( Classic 4* heroes and emblems or Gryphonknight's emblem spending plan EXPOSED )

Click for color stacking, Empires hidden buff

FIN

4 Likes

FWIW, I used a rainbow raid team similar to what you describe here, and I found it to be pretty effective in high platinum. Gormek - Rigard - Poseidon - Sonya - Melendor, with all but Poseidon emblemed out the yin-yang on def/HP. As you said, having healers in two different colors is super helpful; if the board is unkind it one color, you can still get a heal in the other. Ramming Pulverizer is a huge help - especially ahead of a sniper like Poseidon, but even makes Sonya into a serviceable sniper - and using Gormek instead of Grimm basically guarantees that it will fire, because Gormek is a giant meat sack.

Since maxing and embleming Kiril, I’ve been going with Kiril - Rigard - Caedmon - Gormek - Poseidon for rainbow offense to get the def and att buffs, but I’m starting to miss having two dispellers. Not worried too much for the nonce, though. The impending maxing of Boldtusk, Domitia, and Thorne is going to shake things up for me again, anyway, so I’ll be playing around with lineups again soon.

3 Likes