šŸµ Riddles of Wonderland: Jabberwock ā€“ Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

It sounds like he will hit the furthest left and right heroes. If all but one hero is dead he will hit for double.

2 Likes

Two snipers vs Jabs and a sniper

@Mr_Style_Points sorry I missed your comment in the flood of all my notifications

For everyone elseā€™s benefit we were - I think - discussing in the beta thread (as in @zephyr1ā€™s beta preview, not the actual secret base I donā€™t have access to) the utility of Jabs in killing healers on the far wings. We compared 1) bringing Jabs and one sniper or 2) simply bringing two snipers.

@Mr_Style_Points suggested it would be more economical to simply bring two snipers.

I suggested Jabs and one sniper would be enough to handle two healers or one healer at the edge

Continuing from that thread, could I suggest that an AOE like Zim, or Def down like Grimm, coupled with Jabsā€™ outer hits plus poison, would do enough damage to make it within the range of a OHKO for a lone sniper? Thus while a second sniper would be nice it might not be necessary. Or do you think the dmg still isnā€™t enough

Cheers

2 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s exactly how he works.

More precisely, if thereā€™s only one enemy remaining, he hits them twice.

Because of how damage is calculated, thatā€™s an important distinction, as it doesnā€™t mean the attack stat is doubled.

4 Likes

He looks fast and savage to me! Iā€™m a fan. Heā€™d get some emblems and a place on raid, titan, and defense teams. Him, 2 Seshats. Sartana, and Rigard could pillage as a mono dark team out of my stable :smiling_imp: (I donā€™t have Kunchen, Hel, Aeron, or Ursena :sob:)

2 Likes

isnt It the same thing . If one hit was to do 500 if it hit again as lone hero it would be another 500 damage to HP

These two things arenā€™t the same, and would result in very different amounts of actual damage:

• 300% damage, dealt twice
  • 600% damage, dealt once

The reason for that is damage calculation is exponential as Attack exceeds Defense.

This was a point of confusion in the discussions during Beta, so Iā€™m trying to make it clear here.

What Jabberwock does with a single remaining target is to hit it twice with both swipes, effectively doubling the actual amount of damage, not doubling the hit percentage.

7 Likes

Seems cool but Iā€™m fresh out of tabards and not that worried about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If the wings are dead, what does Jabby do after that?

flank, after that if left flank only dead, then right flank and tank, if right flank dead, then tank (with double hit, because only one hero left).

The point is Jabberwock will hit 2 opponent one far left and one far right, thats it.

7 Likes

I know that I want Jabberwock, have known since seeing Zephyrā€™s first post.

My lament is that Dark is where I lack ALL materials to ascend new heroes. There are so many good 4* heroes (Proteus, Merlin, Rigard, (ahem, Sabina b/c she was my first healer), Cat, Tibby) that not only am I way short of Tabards but also Trap Tools. The upside is that I have a lot of heroes I loveā€¦

Assuming Trap Tools flood in, there is still the Tabard conundrum b/c Dark also happens to have some incredible 5* heroes, where does Jabberwock stand in the queue? Behind Seshat I believe, also behind Ursena and Kage. Ahead of Marie-Therese? Ahead of Sartana, right? Ahead of Domitia?

White Rabbit seems to be an obvious ā€œhead of the lineā€ hero as the first Holy pulverizer. Jabberwock seems like a nice hero to have (and yet, I want him in my team, the art, the name alone, love the poem) but isnā€™t filling a unique niche, there are already so many excellent damage dealers in Dark.

Does this mean a vorpal blade is coming to the game? It will HAVE to go ā€œsnicker-snackā€!

3 Likes

If tank is dead we have 4 edges. What then?

2 Likes

Another Dark hero. Cool. But I donā€™t have the Tabbards to level this beast, and it will likely be next year before I get the 6 needed for final ascensionā€¦ so with that said. I am not pulling for this guy. He sounds nifty, and powerful and all that jazz. If I get him, he will be sitting on the bottom of my roster for a loooooooooooooooong time.

Got a question. Does he hit 300% to target 1 and 300% to target 2 OR split 300% in 150% each target?

2 Likes

Same question came to my mindā€¦

300% to each

20charactersJubjubBird

2 Likes

Omfg he is a MONSTER!!! He is a two sniper in a single hero, also heā€™s fast and DOT his targets. He seems to be the best purple around :open_mouth:

2 Likes

He is a monster, but his monstrosity is tempered by being unable to choose a target. The difference in being able to finish off a charged up kage vs. hitting (and not killing) two full health wings could easily be the difference in the match.

Reminds me almost a of berserker type character. Heā€™s (sheā€™s?) gonna hit stuff, gonna hit it hard but it just might not be what you need.

6 Likes

My understanding from the beta thread is that the description would be much more clear if it said something like, ā€˜Special skill hits the rightmost enemy and the leftmost enemy. If only one enemy remains, the damage is doubled, but the DoT is not.ā€™

They seem like a viable anti-Alberich / Mother North option for those who donā€™t have Natalya.

3 Likes

True. However, that tempering exists on offence only ā€“ on defence you cannot choose a target in the first place. I havenā€™t looked at the stats to see how it plays out, but with fast mana speed, he might even hit the same two targets again, which could make him better suited for defence than many snipers.

8 Likes

Absolutely, he is great in defense. Honestly I think heā€™s great all around, and a good addition to the game. Canā€™t wait to (hopefully) pull him, and canā€™t wait to put counter attacking heroā€™s on the wings of my attack formation :grinning:

4 Likes