Rewards Knights of Avalon event dissapointing

I finished intermediate… mostly out of a sense of obligation. I DID NOT find it fun… unless of course you are of a mindset that hitting your head repeatedly against a wall for the sake of beating it down is ‘fun’.

I certainly didn’t play for the rewards - they are atrocious. I already have sufficient of the ascension materials they offer. I had just got so far in to intermediate before realising the extent to which I was not enjoying the experience that I thought I may as well see it through. I really didn’t enjoy the final level (although did prevail on my first attempt).

As for Advanced… while I completed advanced last time around, I’m not going to bother this time. Again, the completion reward is not worth the items and the effort… and I can well imagine throwing my tablet through the window in screaming frustration if I did try it.

‘Different’ does not equate to ‘fun’. The mix of bosses this time round are really a pain to play against. I’m sure all the spenders / savers who pull them will be grateful… unfortunately I’m not one of them. Stopped paying some time back in protest against the game economy… and expect I’ll be withdrawing my custom entirely before long. This event has kinda set me on that road.

Fun? Pah.

3 Likes

So, because you don’t think it is fun, others can’t either? Or I might fall in the category of people who “think hitting their head against a wall is fun”.
I do think it is fun, it is a challenge and that is what for me is needed.
By all means, if people don’t think it is fun, they shouldn’t play those events. Different people, different tastes. I think a lot of games are not fun at all, but I don’t play those and I am not calling others who do think they are fun any names.

Again, I do agree the rewards could be better, but I really don’t understand the rewards are why people stop playing a game or a part of it. I stop playing if a game looses its interest and these events are what keep me going for now (and my alliance ofcourse, but that is more the social part).

2 Likes

The Rewards (if that’s what you want to call them) are the most pathetic part of this game.
what the hell is a silver token going to be good for after going through a long haul like the event battle?
A 99.99 chance that you will get a 1* card. wow?
It’s things like this that the Devs are doing that are turning ppl off this game.

1 Like

Well done… now you can enjoy the pathetic reward for all those valuable items you used just to take her out.
The silver coin should guarantee you a 1* hero card.
AREN’T YOU JUST SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT!!

2 Likes

You claimed you did not understand the “I won’t play it” comments. I gave you a reason from my perspective… I’m sure that many do find it fun… but I equate the exercise to the wall bashing analogy I stated and cannot understand the mindset. (I will admit I am at odds with the genre of player who ‘likes a challenge’. Always have been and always will be. Personal preference… and I’m sure I’m not alone in it. Different strokes.)

This does not construe judgement on such players. It’s a glib way of stating that what I see the draw (or ‘fun’) part of the event as being is the high degree of challenge. Some like the intellectual stimulation and/or satisfaction. I don’t. I just find it frustrating… especially in the scenario where hero depth in this game is hard to come by unless you are spending a lot, or have played for a very long time, or have been exceptionally lucky.

I’m not playing the event just for the rewards. I will play either:

• If I think it’s fun (I don’t think it is)
    or
  • If not, then are the rewards worth the effort. (They’re not)

Oddly enough, I’ve been satisfied with the previous 2 events on this basis. I found the challenge at the right level to be stimulating without being over-frustrating… and I found the rewards worth the effort. In this event the balance is way off.

Can’t explain any clearer than that why I (and the others to which you addressed your question) would not be bothered to play other parts of the event.

Try to view it in the nature of an answer to your question without it implying that others have no right to their interpretation of ‘fun’.

3 Likes

By reading more & more comments like yours, I can’t see why the Devs don’t take heed.
I play the game cause I find it entertaining only to be very quickly disappointed at it’s ridiculous imbalance of effort for reward, that I have thrown my phone into the couch in utter frustration many times.
The Game has great graphics, great idea, great game play & characters, but the, imbalance in the
RAIDS, TITAN REWARDS, AND EVENT REWARDS and not to mention SUMMON DROP RATES are so pathetic it makes you cringe in disbelief that any Dev would even consider it was decent.

1 Like

The game has appeal to a particular type of player.
Many who become more established in it either actively like (or at least don’t mind) the long slog, and the fact that you have to work hard (or spend a lot) to get the best rewards.

I actually don’t mind the concept, but the balance is off. My latest frustration is lack of a basic (staple) crafting ingredient needed for mana potions (which is an essential and oft used battle item). The Midnight roots. You can’t get them for love or money, and although it states ‘increased chance of obtaining in province 22’ (which, is hard to fight, expensive and cannot be auto-played with my team), yields 1 midnight root in 6(!) attempts.

This basic meanness throughout the economy does not appeal to me.

Good luck to the players who find that ‘fun’ but I don’t see that as having broad appeal.

Only reason I haven’t left the game yet is obligation to my alliance as leader… but suspect I’ll be handing off that mantle soon. (Half curious to hang on for alliance wars, but if that’s based on the raid mechanic, I’m gone).

3 Likes

I agree with everything you say,
increased chance of finding items you are looking for means a 000000000000000000000.9 chance.

1 Like

The increased chance is real, but the item pool is so big, that you see the difference only after 100+ maps and because of randomness it can be pretty small. They should really make it guaranteed - farm map x to get at least 1 of item y. Or when you get item x, you always get at least 2 pieces…

3 Likes

Konijntje I played advanced until stage 7 or 8 and found them to easy and therefore no fun at all to play. So i did the math and decided that because of the miserable rewards not to play it further. I hope the next event gives more fun to play, the Pirates are still my favorit.

Spot on. I was thinking the same. Especially if your item is only available at boosted rate in a high-end map level like 22… I’d expect a humanly noticeable boost in chance (as opposed to a statistically provable one).

Gone back to auto-farming 19-9. Far better use of my time to write on these forums while the tablet auto-plays rather than having to manually play 22 for little noticeable difference.

1 Like