Revisiting a highly disputed topic; Beta player advantage

Well I’m still learning and perfecting

Took me around 80w/e refills(possible over estimate as i didnt count but would rather over estimate than under estimate) but with what i learned and the practice involved in getting an eye for good boards, i think i could do it with no more than 10 refills for top 100

For legendary I’d take at least 150 axes, 150 bombs, 150 dragon attacks, 150 super mana pots

For top 100. 200 or more of each for top 10. And again this is to be safe. Nothin sucks more than hitting #15 and seeing top 10 somewhat easily within reach but out of items

Epic i don’t wanna comment on yet as next month will be my first true epic push

Again still learning so not the best guy to look to for event advice. I can tell you that the first time will be expensive and frustrating. From my experience lol but still fun and self rewarding.

If you’re doin it as a challenge for yourself, well worth the challenge.

If you’re doing it for the material rewards, you’re better off just buying special offers. Much bigger discount than spending a month of farming, hours of level replays, cash, gems, frustration etc that come with chasing the top rewards in events

4 Likes

Cheers @Rigs.

Definitely looking at it as a challenge but with that sort of outlay it’ll be one i’ll probably only be able to do after a few months prep so not going to be the Easter one for me!

1 Like

Easter isnt a challenge event. Just a special quest.

Guardians will be next “challenge event” 2nd week of april

1 Like

Given they are looking at changing how the events are run I really wouldn’t spend a lot of items/flasks in the next few events, even a small change in the reward structure could have huge consequences. Ideally they move to a score based reward system not the current placing one so could be a huge waste to go early

1 Like

Eh nothing better to do

Can hit #1 i cups at any given time of day in spur of the moment. Beat any quest half asleep. Consistently land good damage on 11/12* titans, and go 4/6 or more one shots in wars(have landed less than 4 1 shots roughly 10 times since wars started). Depending on boards of course. Challenge events are really all i have left to strive for. Even if they change the reward tiers, i doubt they change the mechanics. Battle items, mono teams, and board farming will still be key tactics

I haven’t been in beta very long, and really don’t feel it is much, if any, advantage. Of course there are no challenge events going on there to see if that would make a difference…I am happy just to complete them at this point!

Mostly it has been testing the old heroes that have been buffed, to see if it made them at least an option against the newer, stronger ones coming out. And seeing if the new heroes coming up for release are performing as intended or if there’s any bugs or issues with them.

The raid tournament has been a big thing in beta, with many player concerns and suggestions…I am glad to say the devs listened and have made a lot of changes, the biggest being getting rid of the entry fee which is great as a lot of us felt that wasn’t fair for f2p and c2p…the reward tiers are also based on percentage, not places in the tourney which I think is also an improvement.

Many beta testers have been great about sharing what’s coming up…we can discuss but no pics allowed…that’s how I knew to start saving all those 3* and 4* that have been gathering dust…they’ve seen some good use in the class trials, and the raid tourneys will also have restrictions on heroes and elements so I save em all now. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Evil Beta Testers, Lol.

Wow! The beta testers can review boards ahead of playing them … No wonder they’re so keen on downplaying this advantage. I’m furious that this has been allowed by Small Giant for so long. Denial of knowledge is no excuse and highly unlikely. People react very badly to being treated unfairly.