Reverse Taunt Idea (Black Knight Costume & Krampus Costume)

We have fiend, the reverse minion, so why shouldn’t we have reverse taunt ?

Reverse Taunt is ailment that prevents target’s ally from using Special Skills on target’s allies. That mean any buff, cleanse, heal, etc., will affect only target with reverse taunt even that skill affect on any specific ally. For example, if there is Reverse Taunt on wing hero and Boril at tank fire, the counter buff will apply on only that wing hero.

Compare Taunt and Reverse Taunt
Taunt : Buff that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on caster’s allies.
Reverse Taunt : Ailment that prevents target’s allies from using Special Skills on target’s allies.

Similar to taunt, your need x2 cleanse to cleanse ailment on other allies if there is a ally with reverse taunt.

The example of Reverse Taunt heroes will be Black Knight Costume & Krampus Costume.

Black Knight Costume

Attack : 722
Defense : 815
Health : 1431
Power : 804
(Note : These Stat and Power include Costume Bonus)
Family : Avalon Family
Class : Paladin
Costume Bonus : Atk 3%, Def 3%, Hp 6%, Mana 1%
Mana Speed : Average
Skill : Just a ???

• The target gets -50% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive special skills.
  • Target gets Reverse Taunt that prevents target’s allies from using Special Skills on target’s allies for 3 turns.
  • All target get -38% defense and a further -6% decrease every time they are hit during 3 turns.

Krampus Costume

Attack : 779
Defense : 821
Health : 1441
Power : 827
(Note : These Stat and Power include Costume Bonus)
Family : Winter Family
Class : Cleric
Costume Bonus : Atk 3%, Def 3%, Hp 6%, Mana 1%
Mana Speed : Average
Skill : Scourge of ???

• Summons an Elf Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages the enemy with 32% attack every turn.
  • The Elf Fiend absorbs healing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 10% of the target’s max health.
  • Target gets Reverse Taunt that prevents target’s allies from using Special Skills on target’s allies for 3 turns.
  • The target get -31% attack, and a further -4% decrease every time they are hit during 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • All target get -44% defense for 3 turns

I think SG should create some more heroes with taunt or reverse taunt skill.

How do you think about Reverse Taunt ?

I still have no good idea for their skill name, if anyone have, please them here :slightly_smiling_face:

I think this should belong in the Create a Hero thread

2 Likes

The main thing of this thread is “Reverse Taunt” not heroes. The heroes are the example and they are also idea of costume of old heroes not completely new heroes.

I am not sure if this should merge with Create a Hero thread or not but if yes, Mod will merge them soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For Krampus, the power is a bit high, and since Roc didn’t get a costume since he came out last year, I don’t think Krampus may get one this year, but you never know

1 Like

In fact, both Black Knight Costume & Krampus Costume’s stat and power are precisely calculate from their base stat and model from Rana and Yunan costume.

Yes, I know Krampus costume has too high power. It should roll out in next year Christmas or later.

However, as I say before, they are the example. How do you think about “Reverse Taunt” ?

Sorry, but I feel strongly against any costumes for non S1 heroes. I am not comfortable with “double selling” of the same hero.

It is 100% no from me.

7 Likes

Reverse taunt should be a new buff called ‘stealth’ which prevents the caster from being targeted. How useful would stealth be? it can used to as tank in the double formations to prevent splash hitters from targeting the middle to aoe the entire team. Stealth can also be used to safeguard weaker heroes, preventing them from being targeted

3 Likes

I think this ‘stealth’ is like “opposite” of taunt rather than “reverse” of taunt.

Anyway, I think this ‘stealth’ should be call “Skill Refractor”. If it is really “opposite” or “reverse” to taunt, it shouldn’t affect to slash, tile and minion attack. Heroes with ‘stealth’ should be uneffected by AoE skill (like ghost) in both damage and ailment. Random target skill will never target ‘stealth’. Skill that lock target like Jabberwock skill will random target another target.

It is good idea. I like it but this ‘stealth’ should be skill of high attack (fragile) heroes if it is apply on caster. (And the example will not be Black Knight and Krampus since their stat are high defense and health :slightly_smiling_face:. It isn’t a big problem since they are the example but I have no idea who should I use as example :smile:)

The problem is you can’t select target for skill on ally. SG will have to add “select target for skill on ally” function :smile:

Back to the main topic, how do you think about my “Reverse Taunt” ?

So I may not be fully understanding ( happens a lot :thinking: :upside_down_face: ) but is your reverse taunt not basically the same as Mist and costume sabinas buff preventor?

1 Like

Oh yeah, I just realised. like @Kilted had mention, Isn’t this already malosi’s skill?

This is my version of a costume black Knight. Has almost a same mechanic as guardian gazelle. Made as a fire titan killer

Costume black Knight
Class: fighter
Skill: dodged that flesh wound- mana speed average

• the caster gains taunt, preventing enemies from casting specials on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.

• the caster gets +80% chance to dodge special skills.

• all allies excluding the caster gain the berserk trance effect

• all allies get +250% normal attack for 4 turns.

• recovers 25% health once per turn whenever the caster dodges a special

• all allies get their mana reduced by 50% when the caster is hit by a special attack.

• this effect can’t be dispelled, but gets removed when the caster is hit by a special attack or when the caster dies

His speech bubble will be ‘dodged that flesh wound’

1 Like

Not exactly. “Buff Block” affect only buff. Malosi’s “Status Block” will block that target to cast any status effects, stacks and ailment.

“Reverse Taunt” affect anything from special, for example, your team are Rigard - Cyprian - Bera - Dr. Moreau - Sartana and enemy Black Knight Costume cast skill on your Sartana ("-50% accuracy" & “Reverse Taunt” on Sartana and " -38% defense and a further -6% decrease every time they are hit" on all your heroes include Sartana). Then you get all your heroes full mana. If you use Cyprian, counter attack buff will apply only on Sartana. If you use Bera, she will summon a minion only on Sartana. If you use Rigard, he will heal and cleanse ailment only on Sartana ("-50% accuracy", “Reverse Taunt” and " -38% defense and a further -6% decrease every time they are hit" ailment on Sartana). But if Dr. Moreau’s Paladin talent active while your Sartana has “Reverse Taunt” ailment, Dr. Moreau will get +25%Def since Paladin talent isn’t special skill.

That is good idea but I think “+80% chance to dodge special skills” and “berserk trance” + “+250% normal attack” is too high.

That’s the gamble part of this hero. High risk high reward. Maybe 200% normal attack then

It sounds convoluted. I feel it mostly repeats mist/onyx/malosi’s skill. the only thing that’s new is the cleanse part

I’ve seen an indirect version of taunt on the enemy before and it’s a really cool mechanic. I wished e&p created this hero before ‘the game that shall not be mentioned in this forum’

1 Like

Even Miki increase only +130% normal attack and is slow, I think +150% is ok but still a bit too high. And there shouldn’t have “berserk”, “+45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they are hit”. Combine this 2 effect, even +150% will be +195% and a further 20% increase every time they are hit.

And +80% chance to dodge special skills is too high and it can’t be dispelled. I think 65% is ok but still a bit too high.

The example is pretty convoluted. But the rule is pretty simple, “prevents target’s allies from using Special Skills on target’s allies”.

What about minion summon and heal ? Some heroes can block minion summon and heal but “Reverse Taunt” is like all-in-one of those. However, “Reverse Taunt” can’t block enemy to cast ailment and Monk Talent & “Ailment Protection” can resist “Reverse Taunt” like normal ailment. Moreover, with this mechanism of this “Reverse Taunt”, it can also prevent Mother North from revive other ally !!!

Anyway, there are some funny/interesting effect of “Reverse Taunt”. For example, your team are Prof. Lidenbrock - Baldur - Fenrir - Killhare - Mok-Arr and enemy Black Knight Costume cast skill on your Prof. Lidenbrock. Then you get all your heroes full mana. If you use Mok-Arr, he will deal damage to all enemy that isn’t purple but deal damage only on your Prof. Lidenbrock since Mok-Arr can’t target Fenrir and Baldur :smile:. Similarly, you use Killhare, she will apply lower def ailment only on Prof. Lidenbrock :smile:. If you use Fenrir and kill one enemy, Prof. Lidenbrock will gain mana and heal :smile:. If you use Baldur, Prof. Lidenbrock will get Hp boost and all Baldur buff. That mean Prof. Lidenbrock will hit enemy every turn instead :smile: If you use Prof. Lidenbrock, she will cleanse ailment only on herself but boost Hp and apply overheal-over-turn for all your heroes :slightly_smiling_face:

The dodge can be dispelled. Although this sounds very powerful, it can be countered easily with tile damage. Just don’t use specials. 65% is way too low because all it takes is one special to connect to break the trance. 200% is still reasonable as this is normal attack. Gazelle boosts 100% attack after all.

Yeah, this is malosi’s skill. Except for minions and cleanse

It would be better if you can cast this skill yourself as a buff. The way you describe it feels like the opponent could take advantage of this easily. For example if you accidentally cast this to an enemy rogue and he gains krampus’ taunt. The rogue just turns into a taunter that dodges specials, kinda like my C Black Knight. Then you messed up big time

1 Like

I don’t know which “this effect can’t be dispelled” refer to. Doesn’t it refer to all effect above ? And can it dodge dispell ?

Honestly, I forget about tile and he don’t have “Just a Flesh Wound” any more. Yes, you can easily counter her with tile if he is at tank but he will cause more problem if he is at flank.

No, 65% mean it take about 3 special on average to hit 1. Compare to Gazelle, I think 2 sniper is enough to kill Gazelle.

Gazelle and Miki aren’t great at defense for any position. The problem is 200% + Berserk is too high for mystic titan. It will make other big damage booster obsolete. That is why I think it is too high. This heroes is also pretty good for defense in some position too. That make this heroes much better than other big damage booster.

“Reverse Taunt” can also block heal and revive too.

Yes, Black Knight Costume & Krampus Costume are designed to use on offense rather than defense. You can see that their def & hp are even lower than their non-costume without costume bonus. If you use them in right situation in offense, they can be useful tool for you :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s like gazelle’s card where her dance of spirits has sub skills. Anything skill stated below berserk trance is that sub skill. So only the normal attack is undispellable. Yes it can dodge dispel because dodge apparently has priority over dispel. Most the broken buff in the game

Guess I just need to nerf. Then the dodge will be nerfed to 50% to imitate the original of flesh wound %. But the healing when dodge increases to 30%. Normal attack turns into 130% attack because I like a gamble character myself

Costume black Knight
Class: sorcerer (for class balance)
Skill: dodged that flesh wound- mana speed average

• the caster gains taunt, preventing enemies from casting specials on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.

• the caster gets +50% chance to dodge special skills.

• all allies excluding the caster gain the berserk trance effect

• +130% attack for 4 turns.

• recovers 30% health once per turn whenever the caster dodges a special

• get their mana reduced by 50% when the caster is hit by a special skill.

• this effect can’t be dispelled, but gets removed when the caster is hit by a special skill or when the caster dies

His speech bubble will be ‘dodged that flesh wound’

1 Like

You basically already have this with Lepiota.

1 Like

Unless they do something smart with it so it doesn’t come out as double selling, but a genuine way to power up older heroes. I have the ideas, but hey I’m not part of the Devs team and this would never happen

1 Like

Maybe this can be called isolating? I think an isolated target wouldn’t be able to help its allies, and it also couldn’t be helped by allies. Slightly different, but I’ll throw it out there

1 Like

Cookie Settings