Revenge Raids v. Raid Shield

There are several discussions here regarding the issue of revenge raids and raid shields, but I can’t find the specific answer I’m looking for, so I’ll bring up the topic again…
Trying to state this as politely as possible; I think it’s cowardly to go on a raid spree then throw up a shield to protect yourself from revenge. Those that do so must have a real confidence in their defense team and their own ability to put together a solid team. :roll_eyes:
I’ve seen the argument, several times, that pretty much says, ‘regardless of how fair anyone thinks it is, I paid for a raid shield and expect it to cover revenge raids as well’.
Well, I get raided 10-12 times a night, burn up my 6 raid energy on revenge attacks, and I buy more raid energy…
I seldom raid, mostly revenge. I DON’T want to get to the second or third victim in the raid energy refill I just bought and find out I can’t have my crack at him/her because they chickened out and bought a raid :pleading_face: shield.
Raid shield should not apply to revenge raids. Period. If you’re confident enough to raid, be confident enough to accept retaliation.
I won’t be buying any more raid refills until this is changed.

1 Like

People aren’t buying raid shields because they don’t raid, they’re buying them to protect themselves from dropping lower in rank - or being raided relentlessly if they’re away for a day or two etc. The entire point of the shield is to protect from raids. Just as you pay for the refill, they paid for the shield. It is fair.

1 Like

The raid shields are kind of useless. They aren’t available over 2600 cups…

Raiding is fun and I enjoy it. I still don’t think I would use the shield even if they were available to me.

I totally agree. Heck you grind long and hard for a decent score, only to find it all gone after retiring for the day. Then you have to start all over, and likely won’t, get the same User-friendly board.

1 Like