Reuben – 5* Fire/ Red - December 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Make Ruben give the opponent the other 50% of the damage over time, sort of a DoT riposte

1 Like

You are just trolling if 3* is better than 5*. Reuben is decent vs DoT.

I maxed Reuben and have been using him mostly in raids. He is a good addition against DoT defence heroes, especially Vela. He is OK good but nothing spectacular for me. I don’t regret maxing him but don’t make him your priority (*of course depending on your bench).

2 Likes

Hi guys
I have question about Reuben but please players answer who ascend him full leveled and have experience.
Does he worth to be full leveled up? I have other good options too but the thing is I read bad things about heros like Zocc and Malosi here and I am sure 90 percent of those comments were for players who did not use them at all but when I full ascend them they were so useful and I have been so happy to not act based on comments here, unfortunately there is not other source to judge better about heros so I have ask on forum.
It is same situation again I have Reuben and everywhere players say he is not good and I keep him on level 70, on one hand I think maybe they are wrong like I saw before other hand I do not want to waste rings if not worth.
Thanks in advance

I have him maxed (no emblems)

I don’t have any of the really sought after reds.

I find him very useable and will use him against heavy DOT opponents especially jabberwocky who is non dispellable. He isn’t an amazing hero, but he definitely isn’t trash.

I never have a problem beating him when on defense. But I can see him being extremely helpful when stacking reds.

I got Ruben i asked a mate on his opinion they said does he fit into your game style or in any team that you would use him with. My answer was no.
If a hero works for you max it if not then don’t.
There are better options but obviously not every has them, with villlan hero’s coming out with burn ice poison it’s still only 50% on hero’s saving on it to me it’s a slow painful death really in a war or raid situation. :man_shrugging:

My maximized red heroes are:

BK +20
Elena
Guardián Kong
Marjana +18
Lady Loki
Reuben
I Think Reuben is B+ hero. A good offensive hero for the red stack.

1 Like

And what do u think about Santa and C Elena

What are your other good options? It’s much harder to judge in a vacuum.
Will you also let us know what other red heroes you have leveled up please?

C Elena level 3/70
Santa 3/70
Marjana I just got her so not leveled up
Buldor

But the thing is I have many slow hero other colour already

This a video from @Mr.Spock aint got round to watching it as yet but is leveled and emblemed have a brouse at it any questions he be happy to help yah :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Just to tie-off on @Mr.Spock’s vid:

GM’s unprotected dmg:

Immediately after the protected dmg:

@BraveGirl :point_up_2:
Cleanse wins big!
Immunity, even more so…

1 Like

But some DOTs can’t be cleansed. I imagine he’d be more than a trifle handy for those.

Sorry I can watch video because of some local limitation
Explain it if u can, thanks

The video shows Reuben with emblems taking enough hits and reasonably able to have his special go off. Mr. Spock sent his GM into it to see the DoT damage decrease effect, and as expected it reduced the damage from about 202 per turn to 101 per turn (1/2 or 50% as expected). Overall I don’t feel that it was enough to affect the defense heavily unless against a full dot heavy team, and when Reuben got to fire it felt ok with hitting for about 350 damage to three targets (not terrible but just didn’t do anything beyond the damage).

I think Reuben would be better on offense where you can take him against dot heavy defense teams, pair up with an elemental and/or regular defense down to 3 (Guardian Falcon, C.Marjana, Gormek, etc.) and fire him into those for better damage to three while also playing somewhat of a support by giving them the DoT protection and a minion to soak up some damage.

My thoughts on this is B hero for defense, while not bad not great and other options do more, and -A on offense where in a stack of red heroes you can benefit and work on synergy and still get a good hit 3 out of it.

On a side tangent, I actually pulled him and was planning on giving him rings next, but then I also pulled C.Khagan and am having some second thoughts between the two. C.Khagan, while slow, would be a HUGE hit 3, but Reuben would be able to go off faster and pair with other fast heroes. I have C.Marjanna, so I would like to pair a good hit 3 with her for the full effect, but which would you all choose?

2 Likes

Ty very much, choose between ur heros? I am not that expert to say

Just watched it. Err defence not that great, offence can work but depends on your red situation if there somthing better they can take priority. Personally Im not going to max him doesn’t fit my game style I need a 5* red badly.
Mits is in atlantis and a couple of new villain hero’s that are cool anzor in March atlantis I’d max one of them but depends on your spending and pulls go…

Use Reuben with costumed Marjana as they will load on the same amount of tiles. This is usually a good synergy.same color - same tiles - same number of targets

I have maxed Khagan 4.80+1, Marjana 4.80+18 without costume and Reuben waiting at around 2.50. I will continue leveling Reuben after I will finish Wilbur(4.65) in a few days. Pretty sure I will max him as I got 20 rings to use. No emblems for him though…drew some good clerics in the past few months.

Reuben 3/70, Santa 3/70, C Elena 3.70 and Marjana and Baldur not leveled up.

Which one is best choice? I have 15 rings but I rather just use 6 of them not 12.

I should add I think about Santa myself to use family bonus by pairing with Krampus.

I should say this too that I am not those kind of players who just think about fast mana snipers I love to play with brain and slowly instead of charging fast and fires. Everyone see the comment please choose one between them thanks