Reuben – 5* Fire/ Red - December 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I got it, but I’d rather put the average Baldur up, reuben has a weak attack.

He looks so creepy! Congratulations to all of you who gets him…I think! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I will chase C.Marjana if she will be recommended in this month in costumes.
Got Reuben in 5th EHT pull along with Rudolph.

I think than Reuben will be good hero with C.Marjana, and capable to destruction.

1 Like

Got him with Krampus on my first pull this morning
Now I know what to do with Krampus… but not sure with this new HOTM

5 Likes

I agree with this sentiment. It’s kind of strange that his special damage is that low considering DF for example who hits 3 at 270%. DF has a lower base attack stat but still hits harder with his special.

And the DoT cut lasts 4 turns when most DoT is happening at 2-3 turns. So, unless there is DoT overlap it seems a turn too long. I would gladly take a special that hits a little harder in exchange for one less turn of his DoT cut.

Red heroes really love me, so of course i’ve got him.
I’m quite puzzled if giving rings to him, ditto i have 12 rings but i already have Grazul and Vanda and don’t really need another status protector.

Waiting a bit for now.

I think if he was released as a sniper with 480-500% hit to one instead of 215% to three he would immediately bump up in the ‘wanted’ list while he would still be a balanced hero (although that Cleric class :roll_eyes: ) . Too bad that opportunity was missed.

2 Likes

Agreed , I got him this morning but I’m not sure what to do with him? :thinking: Into the ‘will eventually ascend’ pile it goes! Aside from JF, it feels like the red hotms have been a bit of a bummer?

I’d say, JF among them was a bummer as well, especially after the beta drama which cut him in half (and as we learnt, he wasn’t ‘the’ problem about JF+Vela+Telluria combo… good old Gravemaker turned out to be even better). In the rise of green tanks and the struggles we had until finally Telluria+Vela were shown their place in October, good red hitters were the hope of restoring any fun and balance in the game beside the nerfs. Yet, we only keep getting basically the same supports (Grazul/Vanda/Garnet) and awkward niche utility (JF/Noor/Reuben/L.Loki) instead of some real needed firearms (Gefjon with 0.4% appearence rate doesn’t cover it).

6 Likes

Used another 2 EHTs, and got Prisca and Krampus (WOHOO).

Want Mother North and Frosty, but another 15 saved tokens will be used in January for Bertilla, if I will be patient)

So, I need more scopes - have Krampus, Raffaelle and Fenrir waiting) (Leveled ones is Lepus, Magni-C and Vela).

2 Likes

Pulled him this morning. I’m a bit disappointed. That low of an attack stat should hit all enemies. I think his only purpose is support against GM Vela combo. I saved a lot of red feeders hoping he would be worth it, not sure he is.

He hits almost exactly as Scarlett in 4*, but have way more life and more useful secondary effect.

1 Like

Don’t two negatives make a positive :nerd_face:

13 Likes

Got this guy today too. I will take him to 3/70
I already have Vanda at +19 talent so I am not in a huge rush for him to be max PLUS I need a Tome of Tactics PLUS I have enough reds and need to work on some other colours when I do eventually get my Tome of Tactics.

3 Likes

In my Hermione voice and very sarcastically: But it wasn’t missed, don’t ya know! SG has graciously provided us with another sniper named Gefjon. You only have to be INSANELY lucky or rich enough to throw money at the portal (or both) in order to get her. Why would anyone want another red sniper that is easier to obtain when we can waste our time, resources and money chasing after the beautiful and immeasurable, Gefjon. Honestly, the nerve of you to want such a thing, it just baffles me so.

1 Like

I’m not sure this is possible? When Gazelle goes off, the allies are impervious to all status effects. How could this attach itself to a dancing hero?

Yeah, that’s a good question! Does Reuben cut counterattack damage in half? If we does, I probably won’t hate him so much!

1 Like

I don’t know how much of a useful hero he’ll be (i’ll probably never pull him anyway, so who cares), but i absolutely love his artwork. He’s got that sinister, yet sad and tired look that’s really intriguing. The “I’m gonna save you and your damned soul, but in a very painful and horrific way” look. Maybe he deserved a special just as sinister as he looks.

5 Likes

Tome he looks like he was designed for Halloween but then they decided to use him as a HotM instead

I was going to say that too. He looks like he was part of Castlevania because Victor looks like Dracula and Valeria is holding the Belmont whip.

2 Likes